$2,500 Ethernet Switch Effectively Isolates Audiophiles From Cash

Cyber
On 12/16/2021 at 4:38 PM, Sauron said:

Whether something sounds "better" than something else is going to be subjective, however by its nature vynil is likely to sound close to the original sound in the recording booth while digital mediums must be interpreted by software.

Wow. Nothing could be further from the truth. The audio on a vinyl disc is distorted and every phono preamp uses a filter bank to get the signal to not sound like utter garbage. The audio signal undergoes special treatment to work better on vinyl which takes it really far away from the "original sound".

A vinyl disc is objectively a really bad medium for audio. People are not using vinyl because of the audio quality (horrific audio quality never stopped anybody listening to the radio as well, but at least nobody says "it sounds better").

On 12/16/2021 at 3:05 PM, xtroria said:

Not enough people realize there'll be people in the audio sub-forum thinking "No, this will absolutely make a difference"

Sadly, yes. There are more myths regarding audio than there are conspiracy theories. And LTT isn't really helping. In a recent video Jake said you have to set the cross-over frequency 10 to 20 Hz above the lower cut-off frequency of the speaker or you could "overdrive the speakers and cause damage to them". I mean, yes, that's not completely wrong, because feeding more power into a speaker than it can handle might damage the speaker. But it's still bad practice because changing the cross-over by a few Hz is just a negligible reduction in total power while "not cranking it up to eleven" would be the proper way to not damage it.

The total number of people who actually prevented their speakers from being damaged by superficially raising the crossover frequency is most likely in the range of 0 to 9. And bad information like this probably creates a whole lot of people wandering around thinking "I damaged my speaker because I didn't set the crossover frequency high enough".

On 12/17/2021 at 12:01 AM, Dreckssackblase said:

That's just straight up lying about what your product can do, but I guess they think the Audiophile community seems gullible enough.

The audiophile community is gullible enough.  I've had to remove myself from multiple audio forums because of it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, whispous said:

Yes. But downloading isn't gaming.

depends on how much you rely on disks these days.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition