PCI Link Width stuck at 1x with AM5 + 4090 after cold boot

I don't know if this is Bios related but most of the time when i turn system OFF, turn in back on in the morning my Link Width is at 1X, game run really crappy. It started doing that after getting AM5 system, my AM4 never did that.

If i reboot, then the Link Width is 16x and all is ok

https://imgur.com/a/mUW9Ceo

What motherboard? What BIOS? Have you updated it? Have you re-seated the card? Reset CMOS? 

16 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What motherboard? What BIOS? Have you updated it? Have you re-seated the card? Reset CMOS? 

Yes ASRock B650E Riptide WIFI, Gigabytes Gaming OC 4090, latest stable Bios. I did all of that, even reinstalled windows

I came from a Reddit post that someone wrote, i have to reboot system to have full gaming performance, just to see a bunch of people with the exact same problem. All of them are on AM5, all of them have 4XXX series card, all from different manifacturer. We all need to reboot to restore the Link Speed to 16x. Card was tested on a AM4 system too without problems.

I've been dailying Zen4 for a year and a half (with RTX4000), this issue isn't a widespread AM5 specific issue likely just a problem with your motherboard. If it happens on multiple BIOS releases and the GPU was tested in another system, I'd suggest looking into RMAing your board. 

In the last year and a half this is the first I've heard of this so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've been dailying Zen4 for a year and a half (with RTX4000), this issue isn't a widespread AM5 specific issue likely just a problem with your motherboard. If it happens on multiple BIOS releases and the GPU was tested in another system, I'd suggest looking into RMAing your board. 

In the last year and a half this is the first I've heard of this so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

The only thing i remember, i bought the unit in July 2023, Then i updated the bios in November 2023 and it started doing that then. I don't know if i can test with an older bios revision tought, can i?

Update i flashed the AGESA 1.0.0.7c back and now it's 100% working, if i use any bios futher than that, it start at 1x from cold windows boot, then a need to reboot to make it 16x.

Btw when it start at 1x, i have very low GPU wattage like 200-250W and 100% GPU according to Msi afterburner but that's not true. Once it's 16x back to 350-400W

So it's definitely a bios issue..