linus offending companies

cyanite
Go to solution Solved by hirushaadi,
2 minutes ago, cyanite said:

why is linus offending intel? nvidia? apple? etc...

I think, its his personal opinion ( or the writers )..  so.. he has right to say it!

i don't agree or disagree with you because yes linus is offending this ( but i don't think that's serious [who know, maybe its supposed to be a joke] ) and he is kind off right..

This is my personal opinion..

hey guys!

first of all, i want to tell you i am NOT fan of a specific company, but why is linus offending intel? nvidia? apple? etc...

im always afraid clicking on a video where intel is the subject... not because i have it, but because i dont wanna watch a video where linus just starts to offend intel,

look... amd is good! and i like amd! but he doesnt have to make only good videos about amd and only bad about intel... (its just an example ^^)

i like both of them, intel is NOT bad, its just a chaos over there cuz they had much new ceo's last time, but thats not my subject today.

its just not good how linus if offending those manufacturers which is pretty unfair.

lets take a look at anthony! hes very polite and does give the explanation about the product. not like linus, in the offending way...

i like to watch anthony's videos cuz hes very friendly, nice and just goes deeper into the working of things.

anthonty explained intels 11th gen rocket lake and i was interested in the results and stuff, which he said in a very good way. well okay he said its not as good as amd, but on a very different way.

now where i want to go is guys, what do you think about this? am i right? am i wrong? throw your opinion! i just said mine (but please dont pick it up personally, and dont go offend me...)

have a nice day! from cyanite 😄

2 minutes ago, cyanite said:

why is linus offending intel? nvidia? apple? etc...

I think, its his personal opinion ( or the writers )..  so.. he has right to say it!

i don't agree or disagree with you because yes linus is offending this ( but i don't think that's serious [who know, maybe its supposed to be a joke] ) and he is kind off right..

This is my personal opinion..

hey! i know to use a computer

He only ‘offends’ companies when they do shit worth offending. When Intel makes a new generation of CPUs worse than their last generation in nearly every possible way, for example.

People need to actually listen to everything Linus says and stop taking things out of context. It's not like you even have to take into account multiple videos, as Linus pretty much always couches his statements.

What's going on here is that Linus is very opinionated on some things, and particularly so when it comes to false advertising or generally lying to consumers and issues of right to repair/e-waste.

Intel gets the brunt of the former, as they are constantly misrepresenting facts to make themselves look better than AMD. However, as Linus says every time, it's not that they don't have their own good points and things they could talk up, it's just that they choose to use unfair comparisons or cherry picked numbers instead.

Nvidia gets it for the latter, particularly with their line of CMP mining cards, which very much are e-waste, and Linus is 100% accurate and entitled for calling them out on it.

Apple gets it from both sides, because they'll talk about things like "room filling sound" that is literally not possible just based on the laws of physics with two front firing speakers. They also artificially limit the usefulness of their products in their post-life, creating e-waste. As Linus talked about with the new iMacs, there's now zero upgradeability with the M1 SoC, so allowing it to live on as a secondary monitor or something would at least give it a purpose once it's too slow for your daily needs years down the line.

Long and short, Linus doesn't hate on anything. When Intel, Nvidia, Apple or whoever does something legitimately good, he's the first to sing the praises, but he also calls them on their BS. That applies to companies like AMD, too. He just did a video criticizing AMD for not making it's latest APUs available to consumers, especially right now when there's a GPU shortage.

The people who think Linus picks on certain companies are honestly just fanboys that don't want to hear any criticism period. If you listen, he's fair and balanced across the board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offend? Companies? As if companies have feelings. They are not people. Their purpose is to make money to owners. So Linus being brutally honest is more about him saying "You need to do better". Being polite only gets you so far with those who don't want to listen.

Linus' job is to be reviewer/press/media. He's job is not to kiss huge corporations behind. I wouldn't watch if he would constantly be "Oh yes! Intel did it again! How can they be perfect every year and every launch? I mean, there are small things... BUT OTHERWISE THEY ARE JUST P.E.R.F.E.C.T." as I hate people who pretend or only try to please someone.

And why would you be worried if Linus is critical on something? Intel will still happily sell you stuff, even if you watch videos of someone hating on them. Your money is more important to them than single Youtuber. But at the same time, if those Youtubers wouldn't be there, being critical when they need to, you would be wasting money on bad product just because there are other youtubers who only praise things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Some of LTT's best videos are Linus going on a rant. 

And the rant in this one cost me a keyboard.  @LinusTech

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

58 minutes ago, cyanite said:

but why is linus offending intel? nvidia? apple? etc...

Why not? It's perfectly alright to call companies out on their bullshit. Besides which, they're not people, you can't offend a company.

No, if anything, Linus goes too easy on all these companies; IMHO, he should use far fouler language when talking about and/or addressing them.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

57 minutes ago, cyanite said:

im always afraid clicking on a video where intel is the subject... not because i have it, but because i dont wanna watch a video where linus just starts to offend intel,

look... amd is good! and i like amd! but he doesnt have to make only good videos about amd and only bad about intel... (its just an example ^^)

i like both of them, intel is NOT bad, its just a chaos over there cuz they had much new ceo's last time, but thats not my subject today.

Corporations are not your friends.  You do not have to be nice to them, you don't have to treat them equally, you don't have to make sure they both get what they want when one wants to order Chinese and the other wants Pizza.  They do not deserve your empathy.

They sell you products, they give you products in exchange for your money which you worked for.  If those products are not worth your money then that's all there is to it.  Right now Intel, in many market segments, does not have a product that is worth your money.  That's all it is.  It's a cold hard look at transaction options.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Offend? Companies? As if companies have feelings. They are not people. Their purpose is to make money to owners. So Linus being brutally honest is more about him saying "You need to do better". Being polite only gets you so far with those who don't want to listen.

Linus' job is to be reviewer/press/media. He's job is not to kiss huge corporations behind. I wouldn't watch if he would constantly be "Oh yes! Intel did it again! How can they be perfect every year and every launch? I mean, there are small things... BUT OTHERWISE THEY ARE JUST P.E.R.F.E.C.T." as I hate people who pretend or only try to please someone.

And why would you be worried if Linus is critical on something? Intel will still happily sell you stuff, even if you watch videos of someone hating on them. Your money is more important to them than single Youtuber. But at the same time, if those Youtubers wouldn't be there, being critical when they need to, you would be wasting money on bad product just because there are other youtubers who only praise things.

I think the main point was perceived bias against Intel and for AMD, but the keyword there is "perceived". The message for a while has been pretty much Intel is losing/has lost its edge, and that's true. It doesn't mean Intel is bad, and actually Linus has been quick to recommend Intel of late, because of both the lower cost (what a weird world we live in now, where Intel is the value option) and iGPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Lets remember, Linus Tech Tips is a Computer News and Review org.  Which if he were doing this for restaurants or movies, he would be called a critic not a reviewer.  What to critics do???  They critique. 

Critiques that are bland and wishy washy will not see much traction.  Gussy it up a bit with some flare and some instructables, and you get a channel with millions of YT subs.

I have never felt that any critiques at LTT has been done with malice, which I think is what the OP, in a roundabout fashion is asking about.  

Addressing the OP question directly.

"what do you think about this? am i right? am i wrong? throw your opinion!"

Going to break this down out of order.

First, let me say, Im a bit of an Intel fanboi.  Not in a silly way, not in a way that makes me not like AMD, but simple preference.  30 years building, supporting, etc etc, I formed my preference (really VIA memory controllers burned me too many times... so, im more biased than a fanboi... ever since integrated memory controllers AMD is pretty golden.... Or remember the Nvidia chipsets for Athlon...Those were AWESOME... but I digress)

As much as I appreciate Intels products, they have definitely been a PITA too, when they do lame things I ack that and hope for better.

"Right vs Wrong"

In your example of offending or being offensive towards Intel, I feel you are conflating humor and personality with malice.  Remember, these are companies, not people.  They have no feelings, they cannot be offended any more than a Roomba vacuum (ask my roomba).  Lets face it, right now AMD is rocking and Intel has been failing to execute, not just this year, but for the last 2-4 years (10nm issues).  Intel rightly deserves some criticism for its failures to execute. 

This is not malice, its just calling balls and strikes, like it or lump it, it is what it is. 

Remember Linus has also said many times how excited he is for this time.  Intel under threat.  Historically this has been a good thing.  Remember Pentium 4?  That s**t show gave us Core/Core2 which then gave us the Core-i series which was a 15 year stomping for intel.  The sleeping giant is hopefully waking up, which will hopefully give us interesting things to come.  Competition is a great thing that has been lacking for awhile!  We are just waiting for Intel to wake up and compete...

"Throw your opinion"

My personal opinion here, sorry if this offends you, but IMO, you are being incredibly way too sensitive.  Take a breath.  Life has many rough edges, and honestly this is not one of them. 

What do you think about this.

You say ""im always afraid clicking on a video where intel is the subject".  This description is one of anxiety.  Anxiety over clicking a video out of fear that a YT critic might throw a jab at a non corporeal non feeling entity of which you have zero relation to.  That reaction to such an innocuous thing is troubling and could be an impediment to you in your future endeavors. 

Lets not forget, criticism done without malice can be incredibly motivational as well as provide needed feedback in any endeavor.  However one cannot benefit from constructive critique if they are too fragile to hear it.  My suggestion if you wish to hear it, give folks the benefit of the doubt and instead of thinking they are trying to offend, instead, think maybe they are trying to help by highlighting weaknesses are areas of potential improvement.  If upon repose you feel it was not constructive and instead was done with malice, then yeah, your concerns would be warranted.

1 hour ago, cyanite said:

hey guys!

first of all, i want to tell you i am NOT fan of a specific company, but why is linus offending intel? nvidia? apple? etc...

its just not good how linus if offending those manufacturers which is pretty unfair.

lets take a look at anthony! hes very polite and does give the explanation about the product. not like linus, in the offending way...

i like to watch anthony's videos cuz hes very friendly, nice and just goes deeper into the working of things.

anthonty explained intels 11th gen rocket lake and i was interested in the results and stuff, which he said in a very good way. well okay he said its not as good as amd, but on a very different way.

now where i want to go is guys, what do you think about this? am i right? am i wrong? throw your opinion! i just said mine (but please dont pick it up personally, and dont go offend me...)

It's not really offensive to talk about another companies poor product lineup. Intel had a leading edge over other competitors years ago, but in the past 5 years, have struggled with manufacturing smaller nodes (10nm, 7nm) although this term is very loose and thrown over by marketing nowadays. Linus could be basing his views of a company off of his opinion from what he can see in. Just recall that the majority (<-pretty much not a majority) of these companies live in a capitalist market structure and are in the business of making money. Nvidia wants to make money, AMD wants to make money, Intel wants to make money. 

I'm for Intel for 1, but their recent manufacturing struggles against other companies of the semiconductor manufacturing field (Anyone see last nights 60 Minutes episode where Pat Gelsinger and one of the chairman from TSMC were on, I don't WANT to get political here) has made them lose the cutting edge of manufacturing as a result and now it will take a couple of years before they can become competitive again. That's just the facts. Intel's Rocket Lake was nothing exciting, hell their 10th gen Comet Lake can outperform Rocket Lake in some instances and for the pricing of their new lineup, just doesn't really make any sense to buy Rocket Lake unless you need AVX-512 instruction set for your work needs (which becomes hot and power hungry very quickly). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Linus isn't half as harsh as people like Steve from Gamers Nexus. 

It's very strange how you fixate on the word "offend." As mentioned, we aren't talking about people here. We're talking about multi-billion-dollar international corporations trying to make money. If they don't want to get ripped a new one by some guy on YouTube they should make better products. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

That only company that truly gets offended when you criticize it, is Apple. (and even there, it's mostly their fans... While Apple just blacklist you for receiving early products in the future)

Most companies know that Linus is offering constructive criticism(most of the time) about what they should and shouldn't do. As well as comparing their products relatively fairly against comparable competition.

Linus was shitting on AMD for years when they were bad, while praising Intel to the moon and back. Now the tables have turned when Intel was found sitting on its ass for years, giving plenty of time for AMD to get its act together and finally start competing (The Tortoise and the Hare anyone?).

There's nothing "unfair" about calling a company out for something they are doing bad or right. It's a matter of fact that right now, Intel is underperforming while consuming a hell of a lot more power, compared to what AMD has to offer. Yes they are not "bad", but it's not "unfair". 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If it's good, then it's good and if it's bad, it's bad and nothing wrong with calling it as you see it.

Apple is one that gets pissy when you criticize it, Sony can be the same way themselves and both are just "Funny" that way.

However if no one were to ever call them out when they screw up, they'll do as they do without worry of consequence which would be a bad thing for us.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 hours ago, cyanite said:

hey guys!

That's why Linus has 13 million subscribers, and Anthony doesn't; Linus is high energy,  and a little bit over the top, and Anthony is a polite, quiet tech guy. Which is honestly why I like watching Linus more. Anthony may know more, but Linus acts like a feather weight pro wrestler. (Hint, hint, reference, reference, wink, wink.)

Linus sold his time, but not his soul. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Coming back to Anthony note. Anthony is pretty similar to Wendell on how he communicates stuff. He might not have those mannerisms which portrait anger or frustration. But I would still claim that Anthony's (and also Wendell's) way is sometimes worse. Sometimes you actually want to hear someone shout and rage their anger, not just to give that silent disapproval.

Just watch the couple latest full reviews made by Anthony. You don't hear the subtle disses he makes? Like in the Intel review, constantly flaming (pun intended) Intel for toasty chips and the insane power draw?

There also note that Linus doesn't write to himself anymore, and hasn't for long time. Anthony writes for himself. So he can choose the language what he is comfortable using. Linus does read and tweak, but at this point his staff knows he is comfortable going full steam against manufacturers when its warranted, and is ready to give credit if its earned.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

While Apple just blacklist you for receiving early products in the future)

Nvidia has pulled that shit too though.....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Excuse me since when do corporations have feelings ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

On 5/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, WereCatf said:

Why not? It's perfectly alright to call companies out on their bullshit. Besides which, they're not people, you can't offend a company.

No, if anything, Linus goes too easy on all these companies; IMHO, he should use far fouler language when talking about and/or addressing them.

well, okay... i understand your point, but my point was that (i think) hes main point is just that he makes people think something is bad, which actually isnt, but is just hes opinion you know... maybe people need that specific product, and then by linus they think its bad, and buy something thats more expensive and they do not need. i would never say something is crappy on youtube, but i would say if u do this then buy it but this isnt good for gaming for example... he does it on a different way.

4 hours ago, givingtnt said:

Excuse me since when do corporations have feelings ?

well, they dont have... but idk how to say im from belgium... (what i mean is pushing a company away from him in a rude way on youtube and then getting the concurrent ahead of the other which actually is a bit unfair, and people who need something will not buy it because linus says its bad... thats what brang me to his forum... cuz i dont really understand linus. maybe you do? 😄

23 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

If it's good, then it's good and if it's bad, it's bad and nothing wrong with calling it as you see it.

Apple is one that gets pissy when you criticize it, Sony can be the same way themselves and both are just "Funny" that way.

However if no one were to ever call them out when they screw up, they'll do as they do without worry of consequence which would be a bad thing for us.

yeah i understand what you mean, without companies saying they are bad, they wont do anything about it... but they dont give a damn about linus' videos too. the only thing linus does is getting raged by companies that are doing bad. i mean, well yeah its an opinion, u can have opinions, but why would you ever think about getting so angry on ur youtube channel, yes it can be funny... but after i few videos its getting more like a stupid video where someone just dissing intel or apple... however, linus is a good guy! i do like him, just the way he is making his videos are a bit too overdramatic (my opinion). like his videos helped me building my own pc! and i like that... thanks to him! just someone has to explain me, why does linus actually be so pissed off while he actually dont have to be if he likes the other manufacturer anyway? then just stick to that lol 😉

20 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Linus sold his time, but not his soul. 

exactly, hes a good guy, and people have opinions, lik he does 😉

21 hours ago, UltraNerd said:

That's why Linus has 13 million subscribers, and Anthony doesn't; Linus is high energy,  and a little bit over the top, and Anthony is a polite, quiet tech guy. Which is honestly why I like watching Linus more. Anthony may know more, but Linus acts like a feather weight pro wrestler. (Hint, hint, reference, reference, wink, wink.)

i gotta admit, thats right... that is more a thing of what u like more or not... linus is enthousiast and stuff, and shows it on a different way. thats fine! but i like him more in building a pc, i lik anthony more about the theory behind it... what about you? how do you like it?

23 hours ago, Middcore said:

Linus isn't half as harsh as people like Steve from Gamers Nexus. 

It's very strange how you fixate on the word "offend." As mentioned, we aren't talking about people here. We're talking about multi-billion-dollar international corporations trying to make money. If they don't want to get ripped a new one by some guy on YouTube they should make better products. 

thats because of my english probably sucks and i dont know any other word similar to what i mean... XD

and yea... were talking about the multi-bilionairs but what linus is trying idk but the multi-billionairs wont give a damn about what hes saying. so why does he does it then? why not benchmarking things live more? why not building things more? i lik that type of videos...

10 minutes ago, cyanite said:

yeah i understand what you mean, without companies saying they are bad, they wont do anything about it... but they dont give a damn about linus' videos too.

Some of these companies care enough about bad reviews from prominent YouTubers that they throw hissy fits and try to pull review samples of their products. So, I'd say you're wrong. You're also now contradicting your original premise that Linus "offends" companies. Either they're offended or they don't give a damn: which is it? 

the only thing linus does is getting raged by companies that are doing bad. i mean, well yeah its an opinion, u can have opinions, but why would you ever think about getting so angry on ur youtube channel

Because he cares?

just someone has to explain me, why does linus actually be so pissed off while he actually dont have to be if he likes the other manufacturer anyway? 

I refer you to an earlier statement in your own post:

without companies saying they are bad, they wont do anything about it

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

Seriously, why do you care if Linus attacks a company or not? Is it your company? Is it going to affect them in any way? I don't get the point of this thread

People have lost the understanding of what criticism is along the way ... not sure when it happened but my 40+ yo self remember a time when it wasn't an issue to criticise something. But nowadays, there are a LOT of people that see criticism as personal attacks and can't seem to understand the difference.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

People have lost the understanding of what criticism is along the way ... not sure when it happened but my 40+ yo self remember a time when it wasn't an issue to criticise something. But nowadays, there are a LOT of people that see criticism as personal attacks and can't seem to understand the difference.

Sadly today criticism and offending someone is the same thing for many people. I'm 23 myself and even i remember a time where it wasn't so bad and you could still joke without the risk of being "cancelled"...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm tempted to blame people, and it is definitely people... but things are getting closer and closer to the public with the internet. Companies are taking advantage of this in large ways to market and I think that has a lot to do with these warped perceptions. Social media has allowed companies to do what was unthinkable even within the timelines of people a lot younger age groups. We can see this even with how the SEC has to scramble every time someone tweets and it shifts entire markets.  It's a much larger problem than anyone's given any specific attention to.

1 hour ago, cyanite said:

well, they dont have... but idk how to say im from belgium... (what i mean is pushing a company away from him in a rude way on youtube and then getting the concurrent ahead of the other which actually is a bit unfair, and people who need something will not buy it because linus says its bad... thats what brang me to his forum... cuz i dont really understand linus. maybe you do? 😄

Je comprends ce que veut dire, mais ça change rien au fait que le but des vidéos de Linus c'est de dénoncé le bon, comme le mauvais des compagnies.

Crois moi quand je te dit que Intel n'a rien a craindre d'un vidéo qui les mets dans l'ombre d'AMD.  

I'd write it in Dutch but I don't speak it 🥴

English tldr: Linux big man on YT but small influence on Intel sales.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004