Linus should stop his $GME "Investment"

Dtx1

Okay guys, we all had fun at the WAN Show right now, especially seeing Linus squeal. He thought he'd be in for $10K at most and could ride it out as a meme. $50K is not chump change and who knows if this publicity stunt he just accidentally did couldn't be construed as market manipulation.

I don't think it's funny anymore and I would accept a "OK, I fucked up" from Linus, followed by a more reasonable donation to a charity. I don't want to see LTT or Linus get F-ed by some oversight body he didn't know existed and I would still enjoy his content and believe in his integrity if he bowed out of this mess. There are real jobs, real people, real lives involved and as much as i want to stick it to the big hedgefond guys i don't find it funny to see LTT or Linus get sucked into this.

Joined 32 minutes ago.

NICE TRY, HEDGE FUND MANAGER! We're onto you!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Joined 32 minutes ago.

NICE TRY, HEDGE FUND MANAGER! We're onto you!

Reverse psychology is a thing. Convince people that you’re one of those Hedge Fund managers, and you’re quite likely to draw the ire of the internet, and subsequently convince people to hold. 

😛

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, Dtx1 said:

And here's the blank insanity on display. I'm a hedgefondmanager. Sure.

"insanity"? Lol maybe. 

I have a pretty good grasp on how this started. I can see what is currently happening, and have a pretty good Idea of how it will end up. And honestly, it's hilarious to me. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Or, just consider this for a moment, i am an actual LTT FAN and have been for some time. Saw Linus make a huge mistake and thought I could do some good by telling him that i had my fun but wouldn't be mad or trust his judgement any less if he didn't "invest" 50K into a company that is going bankrupt, has been known to be absolutely shitty to it's employees and might be a conflict of interest for him. I stand behind him if he actually does it but he will pay the already inflated price by then and "ride it to the ground". You know that Gamestop doesn't actually get any money from this nor will they survive the pandamic with their failing buisness model. What a shitshow, i just hope that linus at least doesn't get fucked by some SEC equivalent for doing this in a livestream.

You make a good point, but honestly: If he could get big publishers to cover it (such as Business Insider, Bloomberg, Forbes, and even tech sites like "The Verge" (lol)) it could potentially be GREAT advertising- especially for LTTStore. Effective advertising.

Not to mention that he's sticking it to the mansssss. The Jeffery Epstein's of the world. 
Viva La Fiscal Revolution, baby.

8 minutes ago, HazyJ28 said:

You make a good point, but honestly- If he could get big publishers to cover it (such as Business Insider, Bloomberg, Forbes, and even tech sites like "The Verge" (lol)) it could potentially be GREAT advertising- especially for LTTStore. Effective advertising.

That would be funny indeed and I really hope I'm wrong about this, I hope that the whole Hedgefond behind the shorts, their ensurance and ensurance of that ensurance is taken down by this as well. Hell, i'm not even invested (and too late to the party at this point) and already got 100s of $ worth of fun just from the memes alone. But the legal questions of illegal market manipulation are going to be answered at some point and it's very likely SOMEONE is gonna get book thrown at them. Here in Germany, prison time is possibly for this kind of thing, I don't know about Canada. It stops beeing funny memes when the legal system gets involved and wether you think GME will go up or down, no one knows the legal ramifications that will follow this unprecedented event. Linus obvious lack of knowledge regarding the stock market and regulations thereof could bite him in the ass way more then the 50K he spends on this, if Yvonne doesn't knock some sense into him.

Hell I forgot: Does anyone even know if it's legal to say "I'll match and 5x your donations to buy this stock"? Do you? That alone could be problematic AF.

Edited by Dtx1
Forgot something

so what? lmao?

Linus invests 10k and at the very worst loses 10k. I'm sure he's very aware of this possibility and going into this remembering that if he chooses so.  

1 minute ago, Dtx1 said:

their ensurance and ensurance of that ensurance is taken down by this as well.

insurance? if you can't even spell insurance I really don't think you should be giving stock advice. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

15 minutes ago, Dtx1 said:

I'm a hedgefondmanager. Sure.

image.png.273cb1e3b899416028a6ffcd5bae23d0.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

so what? lmao?

Linus invests 10k and at the very worst loses 10k. I'm sure he's very aware of this possibility and going into this remembering that if he chooses so.  

insurance? if you can't even spell insurance I really don't think you should be giving stock advice. 

He invests roughly 42K not 10K and I would really love to see your german spelling before you make fun of my english.

1 minute ago, Dtx1 said:

He invests roughly 42K not 10K and I would really love to see your german spelling before you make fun of my english.

Ich bin kein Deutscher?

point still stands, I'm 100% sure that he knows the possible outcomes, and there's not much legal trouble you can get in for literally investing in stocks, I didn't watch this particular livestream or video so I'm not sure what he said, but there's no particular law that I can think of that would make this illegal, If you would like to enlighten me on what law this is breaking I would more than happy to agree with you. 

AMD blackout rig

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

point still stands, I'm 100% sure that he knows the possible outcomes, and there's not much legal trouble you can get in for literally investing in stocks, I didn't watch this particular livestream or video so I'm not sure what he said, but there's no particular law that I can think of that would make this illegal, If you would like to enlighten me on what law this is breaking I would more than happy to agree with you. 

How about this one, though i must admit candian legalese is on the edge of my english reading ability https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-382.html

Limiting his promise to 50K afterwards might already be a violation of this.

I did not send any super chat so my opinion do not mean anything here, as with everyone else that did't participate.

BUT

@Dtx1 Have you considers the consequence of Linus back out? Thing is that Linus will not loose 50k, he get some money from the super chats even if Google take a part of it. He probably will be able to sell his share before total bankrupt so he get some money back there.  But play with idea that he loses 25k in the end.  How much would he loose if he backs out?  It would be a PR nightmare for him and lost trust from the community might even lose him even more money.  While standing by his word he might even gain new subscribers, more sales on LTT store. A win in the long run.

However IF i was one that had sent super chat I would not be disappointed if he actually put the 50K into a charity instead. 

6 minutes ago, Dtx1 said:

How about this one, though i must admit candian legalese is on the edge of my english reading ability https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-382.html

How what?

I don't see what you mean, it's not a lottery or charity or anything else and he didn't set anything in stone, besides wanting to put 50K into this trend.

So I don't get what you mean by that. So he is just using his own money? (don't quote me on that) to invest by his own choice.

Just now, Kroon said:

I did not send any super chat so my opinion do not mean anything here, as with everyone else that did't participate.

BUT

@Dtx1 Have you considers the consequence of Linus back out? Thing is that Linus will not loose 50k, he get some money from the super chats even if Google take a part of it. He probably will be able to sell his share before total bankrupt so he get some money back there.  But play with idea that he loses 25k in the end.  How much would he loose if he backs out?  It would be a PR nightmare for him and lost trust from the community might even lose him even more money.  While standing by his word he might even gain new subscribers, more sales on LTT store. A win in the long run.

However IF i was one that had sent super chat I would not be disappointed if he actually put the 50K into a charity instead. 

Yes i very much did, which is why i made this post in the first place. I am part of the more reasonable people that will accept that he thought he might be on the hook for 10K at most for a fun meme but ended up on the hook for at least $40K and it would have been more hadn't he already gone back on his word in the show and added a cap because the more reasonable voices in the chat asked him too before it ended up a complete disaster. Maybe it's a win in the long run but to me, i had my fun with him having to explain this to his wife on stream and would rather see him back out and deal with having to give another apology for beeing a dumbass then the leal fallout that may come from this

4 minutes ago, Dtx1 said:

no none of those have anything to do with what he did, these are all to protect against a method of market manipulation called "churning" 

AMD blackout rig

2 hours ago, seee the state im in nooow said:

i'd gild you, bu-- oh wait wrong platform

how do i see the state that your in nooow

✨FNIGE✨

Food bank use in Canada

Food Banks Canada recently published its annual  HungerCount report – the only research study that measures the level of food bank use across the country –  and the numbers are troubling. The need for food banks is still at an unbearably high level. Today food bank use is 25% higher than before the 2008 economic downturn.

• Over 840,000 Canadians seek help from a food bank every month, which is larger than the population of New Brunswick.
  • Almost two in five are children and youth
  • 1 in 6 households seeking help are working
  • 1 in 10 walking through the doors each month are helped for the first time

$50,000 could help thousands of people get by for a while. But that much money is a drop in the bucket in the financial markets. There’s a good chance all of it will be lost to some other hedge funds. The short squeeze train may have passed!

3 hours ago, Dtx1 said:

Okay guys, we all had fun at the WAN Show right now, especially seeing Linus squeal. He thought he'd be in for $10K at most and could ride it out as a meme. $50K is not chump change and who knows if this publicity stunt he just accidentally did couldn't be construed as market manipulation.

I don't think it's funny anymore and I would accept a "OK, I fucked up" from Linus, followed by a more reasonable donation to a charity. I don't want to see LTT or Linus get F-ed by some oversight body he didn't know existed and I would still enjoy his content and believe in his integrity if he bowed out of this mess. There are real jobs, real people, real lives involved and as much as i want to stick it to the big hedgefond guys i don't find it funny to see LTT or Linus get sucked into this.

That's rich, coming from the fact that the whole reason he wants to do this is he wants to make people who promised to much eat their words.

Linus is evidently very well off, he's fine, and should stick to his word.