Am i the only one that thinks the new mac pro is a nice looking pc?

julekule

I will admit it looks good. And if I was a million are I would buy one to use as a trash can...

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

you guys do konw that fire pro cards cost a lot of dough

That has nothing to do with the looks of the machine

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

So according to that guy, everyone who bought a nice looking case, or anything for that matter is gay? Sweet! My odds just improved a hell of a lot.

OT. I hate the way it looks. Not the shape, but the fact that it's just one massive chunk of glossy, black plastic.

I dislike all (looks that is).  But I still won't neglect the fact that its amazing they could fit that much tech into that small (rubbish bin looking) area.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

you guys do konw that fire pro cards cost a lot of dough

Fire Pro cards do cost a lot yes. 

That's not the issue. The issue is you can get equivalent performance out of other cards for much better prices. Even with Consumer Grade Cards.

Also there's the thing about Apple getting Fire Pro card and very reduced pricing for buying in bulk that severely drop the price per card compared to a consumer buying 1 card. 

And that's my issue with most pre-built machines, especially Apple machines. They dont use those savings to give you a competitive edge over DIY solutions.

lets say you are a animator and you work on a prodsject. and you are too lacy to turn it of afer work so you just leavs it on to the next day

If you're going to run you graphics card 24/7 at 100% because you're lazy you deserve to have your card catch on fire and burn your house down.

Depends on what firepro cards you get. High end firepros and quatros will set you back more than the whole system

Apple engineers were sitting around in a big circle with the CEO at the head of the table. He says "I have a great idea for the new Mac". The engineers fall silent as the man is about to speak. "I want the new Mac to be revolutionary. I think the computer world is getting tired of the same boring squared ATX form factors. I want something that looks like nothing else."

"What do you have in mind, boss?" says Tom, one of the engineers.
"I've been discussing new form factors with my colleagues, sir" says Brenda. "We've come up with the idea of a form factor with a two sided PCB. The idea is to get rid of all of the heat producing components being in one compartment of the case. We could have the cpu and it's cooler and memory modules on one side and the graphics cards could be mounted on the opposing side in their own cooled compartment while the main board is mounted in the middle. This would also allow the cards to be mounted with the fans........."

"Thanks Brenda, but I have a better idea" the CEO interrupted.  

"What is this idea you have, sir. I am very eager to hear your input", says another engineer. 

The CEO adjusts his tie, takes a hearty sip from his mug. Looking up on the sea of eager faces awaiting his dazzling new innovative idea, he confidently replies, "........We'll make it round". 

Innovative indeed. 

form factor is great. tiny and powerful.

but I like big rigs. hence 900D.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I reckon it looks like something from star wars, oh right....

A black R2-D2 but not as cool.

So according to that guy, everyone who bought a nice looking case, or anything for that matter is gay? Sweet! My odds just improved a hell of a lot.

OT. I hate the way it looks. Not the shape, but the fact that it's just one massive chunk of glossy, black plastic.

it is silver looking aluminium

I think it looks interesting (I think it's fulgy, but I could see how someone might find the shape appealing..) and is an impressive formfacter and all, but the computers most people here build are already for a niche enough sector and they give you way better overall performance. They went for a super small market of people that would actually find ECC memory & quadro cards useful for anything.. A lot of company's don't worry about that crap unless it's stupidly important and then if they do I somehow doubt that the MacPro is somehow the godly answer. What they really want is for some high school student in New Media to go drop the 3K so he can make "awesome" pro videos. So if you actually want the hardware inside I guess it's not terrible for the price, but really unless you're dead set on something that hardly anyone needs then, yes, it's a waste of money. I refuse to like something just because of the looks when it's a complete package. If it was some weird case then maybe I could actually comment on it besides that...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Price aside, the new Mac Pro is a sexy beast. Inside and out.

It fits more computer in an impossibly small form factor than pretty much any other PCs.

I'm waiting for the day that someone starts selling aluminum shells as legitimate trash cans. I'd buy one.

Yeah, it's like a black pearl almost. It's black in pictures, but IRL (trust me, I don't own one, but I've seen it :D), it's a glossy gunmetal-black. Gorgeous.

I'd don't like the looks . Form factor is good tho. I'd never buy one simply because I'm a gamer. Fire pro cards aren't the best for that. 

This looks pretty ugly,but the form factor is great.Meanwhile, the insides look awesome:

Mac_Pro_2013_inside.png

God, that with a plexiglass cover would look pretty awesome.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

I've never actually seen one in real life, so I just guessed that's what it was. Still, I can't imagine that wouldn't be any better if you're not a fan of fingerprints all over your stuff.

Now I don't hold a particular love in my heart for Apple, however I would be proud to have this thing sitting on my desk. My reasons are simple, I look the look of it, but I also admire the engineering that went into it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Consumer grade i7 CPUs are not comparable to a server and workstation grade Xeon E5. Consumer grade non-ECC RAM is not comparable to server and workstation grade ECC RAM.

Xeon CPUs exist for a reason, as does ECC RAM. Throwing together what is essentially a high-end gaming computer and claiming it's better than a Mac Pro is absurd. Not to mention that its pricing is actually very good. Compare it to any workstation prebuilt made by another company and it's typically between $500 to $1000 cheaper at least. HP specifically were rather absurd for this.. when I checked the pricing of one of their workstations a month or so ago they were offering a lower-end Xeon CPU with a single lower-end GPU and an SSD with half the capacity of the equivalent Mac Pro.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I think it is a great thing, the look could be a bit better admitted. But putting a full grade workstation pc/mac in such a form factor! that is truely where it stands up with it since mostly more high end workstations are full tower case size looking things. The power/size ratio is where apple found a sweet spot imo, if i was able to change the GPUs for gaming GPUs and it would be price responsible i would do that.

The thing i also notice is that most people put gaming grade GPUs in a workstation PC to compare it to the mac, i want to see such a build with workstation grade GPUs wich are just as good/better then the mac at the same price or less, that would be a achievment.

mac pro=workstation

mac pro =/= gaming

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($568.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard:  Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($269.99 @ NCIX US) 

Storage:  Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($505.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon HD 7990 6GB Video Card  ($1010.73 @ Amazon) 

Case:  Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit)  ($145.78 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $3024.44

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-16 12:25 EDT-0400)

Tell me this is worse than the mac pro, and ill get a mac pro.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i would like it more, if the outsides were transparant

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($568.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard:  Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($269.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($505.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon HD 7990 6GB Video Card  ($1010.73 @ Amazon) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit)  ($145.78 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $3097.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-16 12:22 EDT-0400)

Tell me this is worse than the mac pro, and ill get a mac pro.

you forgot a case, and at some things, it will be worse, because the gpu in there isnt a workstation card

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans