Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth
8 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Except it has all of the red flags that most development hell games have had. I don't wanna be a pessimist, I hope this game turns out good, but to me, this all sounds like it's Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

This is not the first time CDPR has done this. In fact, as far as I can tell, this exact thing has happened with every popular game they've released, including The Witcher 3.

In fact, the game studio was quoted saying almost the exact same things they are saying here.

https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiepelines/The_Witcher_3_delayed..._again.#:~:text="The sheer size and complexity,a decisive impact on production.&text=Even though everyone is working,We owe you an apology.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

10 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I'm certainly not going to argue against the fact that they care about the game. This is something I'll always give to CDPR. And I am certainly not going to argue against half assed products being delivered either. I'm just saying that for the 20+ years I've been a hardcore gamer, I see this industry that I love just getting worse and worse every years and its starting to piss me off. There are so many issues and there's nothing we can do, mostly because the casual market only cares about the present moment when they enjoy a game. Okay there's not ONLY the casual market at fault, corporate greed is on the front lines on where the fault lies.. But you get what I mean, I'm sure.

Absolutely, 100%. But considering how low the industry has fallen then a 3 week delay (granted on top of 6 months) delay is the least of our problems. Least IMO it is. When the game is released, and if it is good. 100% quality. Immersive, engaging. Then. Only then will it be worth the wait.

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Absolutely, 100%. But considering how low the industry has fallen then a 3 week delay (granted on top of 6 months) delay is the least of our problems. Least IMO it is. When the game is released, and if it is good. 100% quality. Immersive, engaging. Then. Only then will it be worth the wait.

Oh its certainly not the worst thing that's happening right now lmao, far from it. In fact I wasn't really sharing this newsto start a whining thread. I mostly wanted to inform people, because Cyberpunk is definitely one of the bigger upcoming titles. I'm hoping it won't be bad and that its gonna be enjoyable when it finally does release, but that only time can tell.

The waiting (for) game continues. Atleast I have games that'll keep me busy till then.

Just now, Murasaki said:

The waiting (for) game continues.

Had it ever stopped?

1 minute ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:
2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

The waiting (for) game continues. Atleast I have games that'll keep me busy till then.

Had it ever stopped?

Is the only game without an end lol.

24 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

And you in all seriousness believe when someone declares something "gold" that it's absolutely spotless without a single bug? In a game as massive and complex as Cyberpunk? Lol, I'm gonna slap you so you wake up. XD

No, it does mean that the game is of an acceptable quality to be released however. Or at least, it used to mean that.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They committed to no crunch then changed their mind, that lost them more respect than delaying it again. Then they had to delay it again anyway?

should have started a boycott when then crunched!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

No, it does mean that the game is of an acceptable quality to be released however. Or at least, it used to mean that.

Acceptable to one person may be unacceptable to another. To some.... Anthem was acceptable to release. xD 

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So, if you were a dev and you made your game gold and just few days during ongoing development found a massive bug, would you just ignore it and hope for the best or would you delay the game and sort it out properly? Like I said, when something goes gold, it doesn't mean everyone just goes home.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

So, if you were a dev and you made your game gold and just few days during ongoing development found a massive bug, would you just ignore it and hope for the best or would you delay the game and sort it out properly? Like I said, when something goes gold, it doesn't mean everyone just goes home.

It doesn't take an entire studio 3 weeks to fix a bug either.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

It doesn't take an entire studio 3 weeks to fix a bug either.

And you know that how? Do you work for CDPR or have any experience with games of such scale? I've worked on my own small projects (apps, not games) and I once stumbled upon a problem which meant I had to rewrite half of app's internal subsystem just to make the new feature work because I designed it in a way all functions depended on that subsystem. If it didn't work correctly, nothing depending on it worked correctly. I don't have schedules, so I release when I feel I'm done, but if it took me a day or two in a simple app, imagine doing something in a game as big and complex as Cyberpunk 2077.

Also it's rarely "entire team". Writers, visual artists, audio artists and voice actors are often not involved unless the problem involves them. It's mostly down to coding teams.

And me defending CDPR just because its them is not the reason. I'd defend ANY studio that has enough balls to admit it they just need more time. I've seen WAY too much half baked garbage that ruined experience through gameplay, took months to get it changed and still felt half finished in the end with no hopes for it getting better because developer announced they are not working on the project anymore. Prime example is Need for Speed Heat. Ambitious, but ultimately rubbish game. They never addressed moronic cops design, never addressed brain dead day time cops, never addressed lack of end game even though game had so much potential and after all this time game still seems to have random invisible tunnel walls that you can smash into. AAA quality aye. I'd even defend EA if it would mean getting NFS game out in a proper form. But it's EA and they don't do that because they don't care about anything but money. And people are dumb enough to buy them even though they know they won't give any updates later. CDPR proved they are nothing like that.

18 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

And you know that how? Do you work for CDPR or have any experience with games of such scale? I've worked on my own small projects (apps, not games) and I once stumbled upon a problem which meant I had to rewrite half of app's internal subsystem just to make the new feature work because I designed it in a way all functions depended on that subsystem. If it didn't work correctly, nothing depending on it worked correctly. I don't have schedules, so I release when I feel I'm done, but if it took me a day or two in a simple app, imagine doing something in a game as big and complex as Cyberpunk 2077.

Also it's rarely "entire team". Writers, visual artists, audio artists and voice actors are often not involved unless the problem involves them. It's mostly down to coding teams.

And me defending CDPR just because its them is not the reason. I'd defend ANY studio that has enough balls to admit it they just need more time. I've seen WAY too much half baked garbage that ruined experience through gameplay, took months to get it changed and still felt half finished in the end with no hopes for it getting better because developer announced they are not working on the project anymore. Prime example is Need for Speed Heat. Ambitious, but ultimately rubbish game. They never addressed moronic cops design, never addressed brain dead day time cops, never addressed lack of end game even though game had so much potential and after all this time game still seems to have random invisible tunnel walls that you can smash into. AAA quality aye. I'd even defend EA if it would mean getting NFS game out in a proper form. But it's EA and they don't do that because they don't care about anything but money. And people are dumb enough to buy them even though they know they won't give any updates later. CDPR proved they are nothing like that.

Well the implication of your theory is that they somehow managed to miss a bug so big that they need an extra 3 weeks to fix it which is laughable.

Either they lied about the game being in gold status to begin with or they're stalling.

Like I said earlier, the issue isn't the delay, in fact I'd rather they delay if they do still have issues. The issue is that they said the game was ready for release and promised no more delays. It reeks of them stalling.

OK. Will move my vacation to 10th then. Life goes on. Plenty of stuff to do till then. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I am still hyped for the game and can't wait to see its impact from the public. The developers really do want us to get our hands on the game as soon as possible, but problems such as these lead to delays, and improper plans. Although it has been highly joked and meme'd around, I can't wait to see how cool the game is going to be, thanks to the hardworking developers.

gaming 👍

hey at least people will probably have the new amd and nvidia cards on shelfs by then

6 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Throwing more programmers at a problem doesn't fix the bug any faster, either.

And you're missing the QA process that also needs to be done after a QA fix. 21 days is pretty quick, actually.

Dude, recently we've had 3 pretty big game releases, namely Horizon Zero Dawn, Mafia Definitive Edition and MS Flight Sim.

Guerilla pushed out an update a week for 4 weeks on the run. Hanger 13 released 2 updates in 3 weeks and one of them included an entire new feature for free ride and Asobo managed to get 2 updates out in 3 weeks (technically 3 but we can ignore the emergency patch on launch day as this only addressed missing content for steam users).

Lets not forget that these updates didn't just fix one bug, in the case of HZD there's probably more than 20 bugs fixed in 3 weeks across 3 patches.

I'm sticking to my theory, either they lied about gold status to begin with or they're stalling.

That's disappointing. I'm one of the lucky guys that got a 3080 at MSRP and with lockdown in sight the stars were aligned to have Cyberpunk 2077 release as a sort of apology from the year 2020.

That said it must have taken a lot of courage for the guys at CDPR to eat their words and delay again, knowing the backlash that would follow. Pretty much every other AAA studio would have crunched 16h a day AND released the game unfinished to meet financial deadlines. The one thing CDPR need to get better at is not make promises they can't keep.

I'll quietly wait for CDPR to hit the quality threshold they deem acceptable. I wouldn't want to encourage them to become the next EA too soon.

Well that caused a massive dent in the hype train...

I'm confused why it's only 21 days tho.

If you look at the development time, we are talking about, 7 years by now? I don't understand how 3 weeks will suddenly make a big difference.

It's not enough time to get stuff actually done, but it is big enough to be an annoyance for people that planned around the old release date.

Seems to me that this will piss a lot of people off and I doubt it will actually make a difference for what we'll get? It just seems odd...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Well the implication of your theory is that they somehow managed to miss a bug so big that they need an extra 3 weeks to fix it which is laughable.

Either they lied about the game being in gold status to begin with or they're stalling.

Like I said earlier, the issue isn't the delay, in fact I'd rather they delay if they do still have issues. The issue is that they said the game was ready for release and promised no more delays. It reeks of them stalling.

Then I guess, by your logic, they delayed it by pure boredom...

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

Then I guess, by your logic, they delayed it by pure boredom...

No, they delayed it either because they didn't want to compete with both Watchdogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla or they're worried releasing the next gen version alongside the consoles required to play the game on will result in poor sales of those versions since the consoles will almost certainly be out of stock everywhere for at least a few weeks.

3 hours ago, dilpickle said:

Alpha, Beta, Gold. These terms have completely lost their meaning in recent years.

This is what they USED to mean.

I am totally with you on that one. People get so excited when they can play an “alpha” or a “beta” mere months before release (I’m looking at you Call of Duty!) It is to the point where the terms are meaningless these days. They are really just multiplayer demos to build hype for the game, with beta tacked on so they can deflect criticism over tuning and balance issues.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

a bug doesnt have to be big for it to be hard to fix. for example BDO has an engine problem where the higher your fps is the faster your skill animations are, if you play the game normally its not really noticeable since the difference isnt that big but in PVP the small differences can have large results. 200 fps warriors have a massive advantage in pvp compared to 60fps warriors since that small difference in animation speed allows them to do cancels and string together abilities in ways the 60fps warrior cant. and the problem requires a complete rewrite of the engine to fix it so we are not going to see a fix any time soon if ever

2 minutes ago, Warin said:

I am totally with you on that one. People get so excited when they can play an “alpha” or a “beta” mere months before release (I’m looking at you Call of Duty!) It is to the point where the terms are meaningless these days. They are really just multiplayer demos to build hype for the game, with beta tacked on so they can deflect criticism over tuning and balance issues.

While I do agree, in the case of multiplayer games, having a public test run is pretty much the only way to properly stress the servers and test out the connection protocol.

I remember when DICE did "public betas" for BF4 & BF5, they were very clear in the terms that the purpose was to stress test the servers, IIRC they didn't even accept bug reports for game issues, only for server or connection issues.