Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth
1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

a bug doesnt have to be big for it to be hard to fix. for example BDO has an engine problem where the higher your fps is the faster your skill animations are, if you play the game normally its not really noticeable since the difference isnt that big but in PVP the small differences can have large results. 200 fps warriors have a massive advantage in pvp compared to 60fps warriors since that small difference in animation speed allows them to do cancels and string together abilities in ways the 60fps warrior cant. and the problem requires a complete rewrite of the engine to fix it so we are not going to see a fix any time soon if ever

That would be a fundamental design issue. Tying physics to FPS is lazy design and not something that's done these days.

If CDPR have issues like this then they're gonna need more than 3 weeks to fix it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

That would be a fundamental design issue. Tying physics to FPS is lazy design and not something that's done these days.

If CDPR have issues like this then they're gonna need more than 3 weeks to fix it.

yeah its just an example. a bug doesnt have to be completely game breaking for it to matter or be difficult to fix

🤣 Cyberpunk is the gift that keeps on giving you know. They might as well give it up and release it only on Next Gen consoles and PC. I mean, how obvious can it be that its them trying to optimize it on almost eight year old hardware that is the problem? for fucks sake man. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Aw, you poor thing... 

Half-Life fans had to wait thirteen years for a new Half-Life title, and it required a VR headset to play. Cry me a river.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

While I do agree, in the case of multiplayer games, having a public test run is pretty much the only way to properly stress the servers and test out the connection protocol.

I remember when DICE did "public betas" for BF4 & BF5, they were very clear in the terms that the purpose was to stress test the servers, IIRC they didn't even accept bug reports for game issues, only for server or connection issues.

I am not even remotely against pre release server testing. It is truly vital to getting the game to the point where you can move from actual beta tester server loads to public release loads. They just aren’t beta tests as such. If I am not mistaken, Activision called a public test for Cold War and alpha test back in August. Like, WTF, Activision!

*Cyberpunk delayed again.*

I don't mind. I'd rather them release a full and polished game than rush it out to meet some arbitrary date. I have a huge backlog anyway. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 minute ago, mwagen said:

Aw, you poor thing... 

Half-Life fans had to wait thirteen years for a new Half-Life title, and it required a VR headset to play. Cry me a river.

🤔A false equivocation really.....They never announced they were working on a new Half Life game thirteen years ago, and it wasn't delayed AFTER it hit gold status either. And....I'm not crying, for all we know they could be delaying it because they fucked the game up so bad that they don't want to show it. This is only their second major title after all, so they don't have that much of a good reputation.  🤷‍♂️

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Eh, a bit disappointing but understandable. Then I do also play Star Citizen and I haven't died yet from dates being pushed back, so I'm sure I'll live. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I really doubt this delay means anything good. With the reputation CDPR has I doubt they whack their release date on public ads to then go "oops it's getting delayed". Doesn't really get the impression they would do something like that.

But they did.

Spoiler

o82n0l21mhv51.jpg

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔A false equivocation really.....They never announced they were working on a new Half Life game thirteen years ago, and it wasn't delayed AFTER it hit gold status either. And....I'm not crying, for all we know they could be delaying it because they fucked the game up so bad that they don't want to show it. This is only their second major title after all, so they don't have that much of a good reputation.  🤷‍♂️

Valve announced a trilogy of episodic games to follow up HL2. They delivered two games but the third never came. And for twelve years Valve refused to officially comment on the status of HL until the HL: Alyx teaser showed up on twitter and youtube.

7 minutes ago, mwagen said:

Valve announced a trilogy of episodic games to follow up HL2. They delivered two games but the third never came. And for twelve years Valve refused to officially comment on the status of HL until the HL: Alyx teaser showed up on twitter and youtube.

That's not really true. There was a big period where they stayed silent but Gabe did eventually talk about what happened in an interview, must be 3 or 4 years ago now.

Essentially everyone at Valve gave up on the game and it was shelved. Coincidentally it was right around the same time as Steam became super popular, starting selling other games and started making big bucks from essentially doing nothing except existing.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

15 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I really doubt this delay means anything good. With the reputation CDPR has I doubt they whack their release date on public ads to then go "oops it's getting delayed". Doesn't really get the impression they would do something like that.

But they did.

Reveal hidden contents

o82n0l21mhv51.jpg

🤔 I agree, I don't see this as a good sign either. This has never happened before, for a game to hit gold, and still get delayed. I think they are having trouble getting the game to work well on the old consoles. With them using those shit Jaguar CPU's, no one can 100% deny that this is a possibility. I mean, talk about a severe bottleneck. 😬

7 minutes ago, mwagen said:

🤷‍♂️ If they announced a trilogy, then Half Life: Alyx certainly wasn't the third one. Its a damn prequel for fucks sake. Why some fans got excited over that is beyond my understanding, especially with it being VR only, which I and many others could care less for. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's not really true. There was a big period where they stayed silent but Gabe did eventually talk about what happened in an interview, must be 3 or 4 years ago now.

Essentially everyone at Valve gave up on the game and it was shelved.

And we have no reason to believe that it still isn't shelved. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

6 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

And we have no reason to believe that it still isn't shelved. 

There's no chance Valve will ever release Half Life 3/Episode 3 now. The game has been elevated to mythical status by fans and the only outcome would be disappointment. Not least because Source Engine is HUGELY outdated and to get it running on Source 2 they would have to start again with most of it anyway.

That's not to say we won't ever see a full mainline Half Life game ever again though. My guess would be a series reboot using Source 2.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

There's no chance Valve will ever release Half Life 3/Episode 3 now. The game has been taken to mythical status by fans and the only outcome would be disappointment. Not least because Source Engine is HUGELY outdated and to get it running on Source 2 they would have to start again with most of it anyway.

That's not to say we won't ever see a full mainline Half Life game ever again though. My guess would be a series reboot using Source 2.

I'd be perfectly fine with a reboot to be honest with you. That Black Mesa remake only reminded me how over rated Half Life 1 really was, so a total do over is long overdue, to get rid of that stain. A few other series could use a reboot as well, Mass Effect being one of them, after they ruined any chances of Andromeda being a good title with that shit ending in part 3. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

36 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 I agree, I don't see this as a good sign either. This has never happened before, for a game to hit gold, and still get delayed. I think they are having trouble getting the game to work well on the old consoles. With them using those shit Jaguar CPU's, no one can 100% deny that this is a possibility. I mean, talk about a severe bottleneck. 😬

The thing is, they aren't exactly new. PS4/xbox one were released around the launch of the very first cyberpunk trailer. The consoles existed in their final form from basically day 1 of cyberpunk development.

If this is the case, how can they only realize this right now? They must have been fighting with it for YEARS, wtf is 3 weeks going to do about that?

Also, if this is correct. The devs only knew about the delay when the twitter post went up. Wtf is that all about?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

39 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

36 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

This discussion is a picture of what the hl forums looked like for over a decade. Nobody knew what was going on because Valve weren't saying anything. There were rumors and such, non-committal "we're working on it" stuff from Gabe, nothing concrete. It was torture. So, I just laugh when people are annoyed they have to wait three whole weeks for their game to come out. 

You know, it's also possible they found something game breaking at the last minute. There was that time the Eve Online german language pack broke the game, afterall.

It's not like first day releases always work, no matter how "gold" status they are. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

You know, it's also possible they found something game breaking at the last minute. There was that time the Eve Online german language pack broke the game, afterall.

It's not like first day releases always work, no matter how "gold" status they are. 

How dare they not test every combination of PC parts and languages before they say it's good to go!

/s

I think that's part of what people are forgetting. Especially now when they are trying to get the game ready for all the upcoming releases. I think this will be the new norm and people need to learn patience.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

22 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

I think this will be the new norm and people need to learn patience.

Whining is normal, human nature. Ego deflation needs to be the new norm.

40 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

Considering it now looks as though the devs found out about the delay at the same time as us I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

37 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

How dare they not test every combination of PC parts and languages before they say it's good to go!

I see this argument made all of the time. You do realise that in PCs there are 2 different types of CPU and 2 different types of GPU, right? Its not like the 1060 requires any more optimisation than the 3090 does or that the Ryzen 1600 is going to do anything differently to the 3950X.

Its total nonsense, they have AMD & Intel CPUs and Nvidia & AMD GPUs to cater for. Most of the low level work is done for them with APIs (.NetFramework, Vulkan, DirectX and code provided by the manufacturers of said hardware).

To be clear here, I'm not understating the amount of work they still have to put in, I realise software development and in particular 3D software development is VERY complex but this theory that they have to test every combination in case something magically breaks between different SKUs is a fallacy. Its not 1979, we're not coding in assembler or C and those days are LOOOOONG gone.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Considering it now looks as though the devs found out about the delay at the same time as us I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

I see this argument made all of the time. You do realise that in PCs there are 2 different types of CPU and 2 different types of GPU, right? Its not like the 1060 requires any more optimisation than the 3090 does or that the Ryzen 1600 is going to do anything differently to the 3950X.

Its total nonsense, they have AMD & Intel CPUs and Nvidia & AMD GPUs to cater for. Most of the low level work is done for them with APIs (.NetFramework, Vulkan, DirectX and code provided by the manufacturers of said hardware).

To be clear here, I'm not understating the amount of work they still have to put in, I realise software development and in particular 3D software development is VERY complex but this theory that they have to test every combination in case something magically breaks between different SKUs is a fallacy. Its not 1979, we're not coding in assembler or C and those days are LOOOOONG gone.

One of the few comments that actually makes any sense at all of this. But the one CPU you are forgetting that is absolute shit compared to those other CPUs you mentioned is the Jaguar one installed in the old consoles. In a game that no doubt will be very CPU intensive, I just can't see that CPU not giving them all kinds of shit. I think this is the real reason for the delay. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

3 hours ago, mwagen said:

Aw, you poor thing... 

Laughs in Elite Dangerous 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q