Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth
13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Daikatana mane dev fired everyone. i payed the shit out of that demo...

i don't think that's what happened. it was simply overambitious and John Romero wanted to use the latest engine. He swapped it like twice.

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

29 minutes ago, Sky Spark said:

i don't think that's what happened. it was simply overambitious and John Romero wanted to use the latest engine. He swapped it like twice.

oh my bad must have been a different game... i remember seeing it in a reduced rack for $5 new...cool box.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I just saw this pop up on the homepage and thought it got delayed to January smh

Don't worry, there's still plenty of time for them to push it again. And given their "So December is set in stone? - Yes! I guess..." approach I wouldn't even be surprised.

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

@dizmo

Yeah, the authors of giant super complex and detailed games like The Witcher 3 and now Cyberpunk 2077 really "don't know" how to schedule projects. LMAO

These games aren't same generic shit Ubisoft churns out every year and are all made with exactly the same concept where you just repaint some things, replace few assets and boom, you have new Far Cry 23. It's literally the absolute opposite of that. CDPR is really only known for The Witcher. A 3rd person medieval RPG. Now they are doing even more complex and detailed 1st person cyberpunk RPG shooter. Only thing that could depart from their usual projects would be a 1st person RPG racing game...

Also as info suggests, the delay is not as much their fault as it is aligning their work with their partners, specifically console makers Microsoft and Sony. They want Cyberpunk 2077 to be launched on all platforms at the same time and consoles aren't ready yet for it apparently.

Clearly they don't when they habitually have to push back their release dates. Doesn't happen with most other studios. You think other studios don't redesign most things? All of these games just have copy and paste assets? Please.  The fact you'll blindly sit there and defend them when they're clearly in the wrong is pathetic.

7 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yeah well... unlike other devs they don't just copy and paste their assets from their previous game... but whatever.

So? That has nothing to do with them not being able to put forth a proper release date. If anything, they should know even better how much time it'll take to properly execute their product. The fanboyism in you is amazing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

16 minutes ago, dizmo said:

So? That has nothing to do with them not being able to put forth a proper release date. If anything, they should know even better how much time it'll take to properly execute their product. The fanboyism in you is amazing.

Fanboyism?

Is it "fanboyism" to being sick of companies like Bethesda, DICE, Activision, Crystal Dynamics and whoever else who simply reuses their game engine and/or other assets when they make a "new game"? For crying out load Skyrim used the same game engine as Oblivion. I'd rather wait for a delayed game than buying the same game over and over like you zombies have no problem with.......

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Fanboyism?

Is it "fanboyism" to being sick of companies like Bethesda, DICE, Activision, Crystal Dynamics and whoever else who simply reuses their game engine and/or other assets when they make a "new game"? For crying out load Skyrim used the same game engine as Oblivion. I'd rather wait for a delayed game than buying the same game over and over like you zombies have no problem with.......

🙃 Never thought I'd see someone be called a fan boy for wanting a game to be a finished, polished product. And here I thought I've seen it all. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Clearly they don't when they habitually have to push back their release dates. Doesn't happen with most other studios. You think other studios don't redesign most things? All of these games just have copy and paste assets? Please.  The fact you'll blindly sit there and defend them when they're clearly in the wrong is pathetic.

Other companies just straight up don't care. As presented by so many games that are trash and will remain trash because devs just DON'T care and never followed up. EA is a particularly great example of that, especially Need for Speed franchise which I've been a part of since its very beginnings back in early 90's. Even when they release their best shot yet, NFS:Heat which was finally going back into right direction and they did so many things right. And again, never followed up to a design cockup and left game basically unfinished and so pointless I haven't played it after completing it. All they had to do is keep a team on it and keep evolving its online part, add AutoLog (tracking of track times and comparing them to friends) and add global Pursuit chart where game would track high scores from cop chases. Nope. They just sacked it like 3 months after release. It's pathetic how their shitty attitude ruined what could be best NFS in this decade. Instead it'll always be remembered as unfinished junk.

Because what you get on release is what you can count on. Everything else can always be considered just as an empty promise. If it happens, great, but if it doesn't, I can say "I told you so". Thankfully CDPR has a different track record than EA, but still. I rather see a delay. Even for a year, than a half finished game that's questionable if it'll actually get improved. Example from other spectrum of this situation is "No Man's Sky" game. Launched unfinished, people and backers were outraged, but the devs kept working on it and since release done nothing but released new content for free. The game is actually turning into what was promised back then. And that's the thing. Remember all the outrage and laughing of everyone for delivering that as unfinished game? That can tarnish your reputation forever and it takes years for you to redeem yourself with hard work and then actually keeping your promise that you'll do it over time. So, yeah, if CDPR this moment says they want to delay it for 1 more year, I'd be bummed, but ultimately I'd go with it because as occasional dev, I know how important it is to really outdo yourself for the game launch and I also know as a player how important it is to have a perfect and complete experience first time. Because once you finish a game, even if it has many paths to the end, the experience is NEVER the same. I'll never forget the experience of System Shock 2, Bioshock, Prey 2019, original Deus Ex and Human Revolution. And on a note here, I haven't finished Mankind Divided yet. Because of technical issue where game kept crashing after first mission in the helicopter. And I haven't tried it again since. It's been what, almost 2 years now since release? I just can't bring myself to do it anymore even though it's possible it's working fine now with Windows and driver updates in between. And I love game style, but it just dropped off my radar because of technicalities. So yeah, it freaking does matter what state game is in on release. And if that means delays, I'm for it.

@RejZoRWhat's your breaking point with CDPR? How many times and for how long do they need to delay Cyberpunk until you start questioning what they're doing?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

52 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

@RejZoRWhat's your breaking point with CDPR? How many times and for how long do they need to delay Cyberpunk until you start questioning what they're doing?

What questionable activities do you think CDPR is up to? Seems like they're trying to release the most polished product possible..

Played a bit of Witcher 2, it's not that great, completely overhyped dev imo, and their store is average at best too. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

🙃 Never thought I'd see someone be called a fan boy for wanting a game to be a finished, polished product. And here I thought I've seen it all. 

The problem here being that CDPR themselves literally said that it's a finished, polished product that is ready to ship and will not be delayed. But then it suddenly wasn't finished and polished nor was it ready to ship. It's beyond bad management to go about for days screaming from the rooftops that it's done and will be out when they said it will be out, just to turncoat completely.

2 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

I don't think there is any. And I'd apply the same for any company, even EA if they actually ever showed they give a fuck for real. I'm not in such a dire need to play Cyberpunk 2077 this moment or never if it's not now. It can be released now, next year spring or next year fall. Sure, it's a bummer if your most anticipated game gets delayed, but I can wait whatever time they need to make a great game. I've been playing games for what, 30 years now and I can tell you, there is nothing worse than having to stop playing in the middle of game due to technical issues or bugs and then waiting for weeks or months to get it fixed WHILE you're already experiencing the game. Compared to having a delay, but then experiencing it whole without any show stopping issues. Sounds reasonable?

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I don't think there is any. And I'd apply the same for any company, even EA if they actually ever showed they give a fuck for real. I'm not in such a dire need to play Cyberpunk 2077 this moment or never if it's not now. It can be released now, next year spring or next year fall. Sure, it's a bummer if your most anticipated game gets delayed, but I can wait whatever time they need to make a great game. I've been playing games for what, 30 years now and I can tell you, there is nothing worse than having to stop playing in the middle of game due to technical issues or bugs and then waiting for weeks or months to get it fixed WHILE you're already experiencing the game. Compared to having a delay, but then experiencing it whole without any show stopping issues. Sounds reasonable?

I have no interest in playing Cyberpunk 2077 so I'm just an outsider looking in. You've defended CDPR quite a bit and I wanted to see how far would you defend them. I suppose you're actually arguing based on principle here.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, Chionele said:

The problem here being that CDPR themselves literally said that it's a finished, polished product that is ready to ship and will not be delayed. But then it suddenly wasn't finished and polished nor was it ready to ship. It's beyond bad management to go about for days screaming from the rooftops that it's done and will be out when they said it will be out, just to turncoat completely.

True, someone definitely fucked up and jumped the gun too early claiming its finished, but if they have to delay it, then delay it, no matter how suspect that may be. I'd rather a game be suspiciously delayed then not delayed at all and turn out to be absolute dog shit. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

4 hours ago, mwagen said:

Patience is a virtue.

True...sometimes, but patience has an expiration date as well. They might as well delay it until next year at this point and call it a day. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10