Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth

am I disappointed? Kind of.

Am I surprised? No, not in the least.

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

No they shouldn't. But they did. Honestly though, seeing posts in this thread makes me realize that half finished games being released maybe isn't the fault of the dev's or the publishers but maybe rather the consumer.

Or, maybe don't keep announcing dates just to push them back 7 times so that your fanbase doesn't get annoyed?

The first 2 delays I was like, aight makes sense. Just polish it. But at this point its becoming a huge joke that will never end. This is the issue. If companies would stop trying to rush dates out, we wouldn't know about delays. At best state a placeholder date like a year, then when you're 200% certain its going to be ready at a specific date, state it.

Just now, AlexGoesHigh said:

Testing for 9 platforms?

Xbox one

Xbox one x

Xbox series S
Xbox series X

PS4

PS4 pro

PS5

PC

Stadia

So they are counting each console variant as a platform, I mean, I guess, if the variants have different graphics performance.

Well yeah, if the versions wouldn't have different graphics then the PC and PS5 versions would have Xbox one graphics, which would suck...

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Well

image.png.cdcb76727d2b0c73aed9d14b73d3f627.png

I can understand how that would happen. You have to remember that the person responding to peoples questions on Twitter isn't also the same people who are developing the game. The person/people who manages their social media accounts would have just been providing the information that they were provided with by the dev team/managers. I'm sure yesterday when they said that it was the information that they were provided with.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

And this is a few weeks after news of CDPR going into full time crunch to get the game ready.

Which probably should have been a warning sign that this would happen (again).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

Regardless I wanna quote Shigeru Miyamoto in here.

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. 

Duke Nukem Forever says hi.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

People think that when it goes gold, everyone stops and goes home. That's not how it works. Especially given how CDPR works. They continued working on it, adding content for future updates and they probably stumbled upon something worthy of fixing before actually handing over the product to gamers. It's annoyance if it's delayed, but not nearly as much as getting hooked into the game already and then be forced to stop playing until it's fixed. I had such idiotic bug in Crysis 3 where yelling sounds would just randomly play through the levels. It was so annoying I was forced to stop playing and Crytek fixed that weeks later. Now imagine you're totally engaged in Cyberpunk 2077 and you have to stop playing for few weeks because of a bug. It's worst scenario possible. It's better wait few weeks in advance and then have no interruptions.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I feel like its more to do with making sure next gen console owners don't have to wait to play it. I'm assuming PS5 & XBSX will both be difficult to get hold of for a few weeks after launch and it really feels like they're waiting to try and avoid next gen owners not appearing in the first week sales numbers.

That's a good point. But its still a very lame thing to do. People can still buy it now and have the free upgrade, so frankly they shouldn't delay it just for the new gen.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

I can understand how that would happen. You have to remember that the person responding to peoples questions on Twitter isn't also the same people who are developing the game. The person/people who manages their social media accounts would have just been providing the information that they were provided with by the dev team/managers. I'm sure yesterday when they said that it was the information that they were provided with.

Which probably should have been a warning sign that this would happen (again).

In no way am I blaming the spokesperson, in reality its always down to one thing. The company itself,meaning the higher ups. And a lot of time its even higher than that, meaning investors.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Duke Nukem Forever says hi.

LOL, I don't know what was gearbox smoking on that one but that's not how it's suppose to work.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just now, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

Or, maybe don't keep announcing dates just to push them back 7 times so that your fanbase doesn't get annoyed?

The first 2 delays I was like, aight makes sense. Just polish it. But at this point its becoming a huge joke that will never end. This is the issue. If companies would stop trying to rush dates out, we wouldn't know about delays. At best state a placeholder date like a year, then when you're 200% certain its going to be ready at a specific date, state it.

You can't be 200% sure, you can never be 100% sure even. I'm not saying they are right or even wrong to set a date and promise there wont be more delays but as   I said... shit do happen.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

You can't be 200% sure, you can never be 100% sure even. I'm not saying they are right or even wrong to set a date and promise there wont be more delays but as   I said... shit do happen.

While I agree that shit does happen, its still quite annoying to have these constant delays. And this is aimed at the game industry in general.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People think that when it goes gold, everyone stops and goes home. That's not how it works. Especially given how CDPR works. They continued working on it, adding content for future updates and they probably stumbled upon something worthy of fixing before actually handing over the product to gamers. It's annoyance if it's delayed, but not nearly as much as getting hooked into the game already and then be forced to stop playing until it's fixed. I had such idiotic bug in Crysis 3 where yelling sounds would just randomly play through the levels. It was so annoying I was forced to stop playing and Crytek fixed that weeks later. Now imagine you're totally engaged in Cyberpunk 2077 and you have to stop playing for few weeks because of a bug. It's worst scenario possible. It's better wait few weeks in advance and then have no interruptions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

The term release to manufacturing (RTM), also known as "going gold", is a term used when a software product is ready to be delivered. This build may be digitally signed, allowing the end user to verify the integrity and authenticity of the software purchase. A copy of the RTM build known as the "gold master" or GM[16][17] is sent for mass duplication or disc replication if applicable. This terminology is taken from the audio record making industry, specifically the process of mastering. RTM precedes general availability (GA) when the product is released to the public. A golden master build (GM) is typically the final build of a piece of software in the beta stages for developers. Typically, for iOS, it is the final build before a major release, however, there have been a few exceptions.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I preordered in July of 19 on GOG and have seen a lot of delays for the game. I spent that money forever ago and it was more of an investment in my mind knowing that CD can and will release a game that I will be happy with. The extra 3 weeks is nothing at this point in the timeline of production this game has gone through, and if these 3 weeks can give the developers some well needed breathing room to de-stress, I'm all for it!

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Just now, NohbdyKnows said:

I preordered in July of 19 on GOG and have seen a lot of delays for the game. I spent that money forever ago and it was more of an investment in my mind knowing that CD can and will release a game that I will be happy with. The extra 3 weeks is nothing at this point in the timeline of production this game has gone through, and if these 3 weeks can give the developers some well needed breathing room to de-stress, I'm all for it!

You've got that backwards, this delay means another 3 weeks of crunch for the devs.

While I agree that shit does happen, its still quite annoying to have these constant delays. And this is aimed at the game industry in general.

Yes, that we can agree on but my main annoyance with the gaming industry is the laziness and half finished games and a release date is often just a friggen beta with a price tag. At the very ******* least. They care about the game. They want the game to be good, they want us to have a good experience for our money when other companies just says **** you give me money for this junk.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Yes, that we can agree on but my main annoyance with the gaming industry is the laziness and half finished games and a release date is often just a friggen beta with a price tag. At the very ******* least. They care about the game. They want the game to be good, they want us to have a good experience for our money when other companies just says **** you give me money for this junk.

I'm certainly not going to argue against the fact that they care about the game. This is something I'll always give to CDPR. And I am certainly not going to argue against half assed products being delivered either. I'm just saying that for the 20+ years I've been a hardcore gamer, I see this industry that I love just getting worse and worse every years and its starting to piss me off. There are so many issues and there's nothing we can do, mostly because the casual market only cares about the present moment when they enjoy a game. Okay there's not ONLY the casual market at fault, corporate greed is on the front lines on where the fault lies.. But you get what I mean, I'm sure.

CDPR fanboys be like: but it'll be beneficial! Not like the last 9 years weren't used wisely. 

So let's go through the timeline of Cyberpunk 2077: they've spent more time on this than Valve spent on finishing Team Fortress 2. They failed to uphold promises of not including microtransactions. They failed to uphold promises of not pushing for crunch time. They failed on trying to not perpetually delay the game time and time again. They're banking on the appearance of Keanu Reeves, the ability to customize your genitals and a licensed Porsche 911 to save it from itself. If it even remotely resembles an actual finished product that saved itself from development hell (a la Team Fortress 2), I'll eat my words full stop, but nothing's shaping up in this game's favor.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

And you in all seriousness believe when someone declares something "gold" that it's absolutely spotless without a single bug? In a game as massive and complex as Cyberpunk? Lol, I'm gonna slap you so you wake up. XD

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

CDPR fanboys be like: but it'll be beneficial! Not like the last 9 years weren't used wisely. 

So let's go through the timeline of Cyberpunk 2077: they've spent more time on this than Valve spent on finishing Team Fortress 2. They failed to uphold promises of not including microtransactions. They failed to uphold promises of not pushing for crunch time. They failed on trying to not perpetually delay the game time and time again. They're banking on the appearance of Keanu Reeves, the ability to customize your genitals and a licensed Porsche 911 to save it from itself. If it even remotely resembles an actual finished product that saved itself from development hell (a la Team Fortress 2), I'll eat my words full stop, but nothing's shaping up in this game's favor.

I mean, I'm no CDPR fanboy, but I don't think it will be as bad as you make it sound lol.

1 minute ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I mean, I'm no CDPR fanboy, but I don't think it will be as bad as you make it sound lol.

Except it has all of the red flags that most development hell games have had. I don't wanna be a pessimist, I hope this game turns out good, but to me, this all sounds like it's Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Except it has all of the red flags that most development hell games have had. I don't wanna be a pessimist, I hope this game turns out good, but to me, this all sounds like it's Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

Woah! Those are cursed names you're mentioning. To me this sounds more like a Final Fantasy XV scenario. Game will be fun as hell but have flaws, hopefully lesser flaws than FFXV..

Woah! Those are cursed names you're mentioning. To me this sounds more like a Final Fantasy XV scenario. Game will be fun as hell but have flaws, hopefully lesser flaws than FFXV..

Yeah, they are cursed names I'm mentioning. I'm mentioning them for a reason: because failed and empty promises tend to lead to bad games.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Yeah, they are cursed names I'm mentioning. I'm mentioning them for a reason: because failed and empty promises tend to lead to bad games.

I'm a weird man, because I still enjoyed Duke Nukem..

4 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

FWIW CDPR themselves said that announcing the game the way they did was wrong, that CG trailer must be the only work on the game when they released it and they have said that at the time they were full time working on Witcher 3, so the true dev time must have begun shortly after W3 release.

Also where did you get the microtransactions from?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I heard they are changing the name of the game to DNF.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.