Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth
7 hours ago, FaxedForward said:

Honestly not that surprised. I’m looking at it as a good thing actually as it means more time to get a new GPU.

Now let’s see MLID “leak” a conspiracy that Nvidia paid CDPR to delay so they can sell more RTX cards 😂

I don't think you'll need a new GPU for this game.

14 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

You don't per se, but at least for me CP2077 was the thing that pushed me finally over to buy a completely new system. That said I did cancel my preorder of the game (which I had because of slow download speeds) because I don't think it'll release this year. You just don't push back the release at this point with marketing in full force for a set date unless something if absolutely FUBAR.

21 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

No but it's a wonderful excuse anyway, I'm noticing people seem to need reasons to justify buying new toys instead of just saying "I want this"...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Considering it now looks as though the devs found out about the delay at the same time as us I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

[...]

That's very interesting. The implication is, if it is a technical problem, then it is something separate from the game code, such as a delivery mechanism or the (still) infamous uninstall to reformat bug. Or we're looking at an entirely non-technical issue: i.e. they woke up one morning to an infestation of lawyers in the basement and need a month or so to deploy the brass rats. 

So on the upside, it's probably not developmental he'll. On the downside it could be in a far worse one. Time shall tell... 

1 hour ago, Beskamir said:

Good! Maybe this will mean the devs won't have to crunch as much.

Even so, it still doesn't make this delay very reassuring that the game won't be a fuck stick. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Even so, it still doesn't make this delay very reassuring that the game won't be a fuck stick. 

True, hence why I don't endorse preordering.

29 minutes ago, Beskamir said:

True, hence why I don't endorse preordering.

True......but I just might pre order Hitman 3. Its easily one of my most anticipated games thus far. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Imagine if the game got delayed for another 3 weeks, it'll be released on December 31st, final day of 2020. Lmao.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

13 hours ago, cj09beira said:

hey at least people will probably have the new amd and nvidia cards on shelfs by then

The game is well optimized tho so you don't need beefy hardware to run it.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

It seems that someone at Twitter is trying to create a narrative for game industry media to report on.

1322306349_Twitterremovingcomments2.PNG.ef5a5c0c20a53b6e636849e977c016d7.PNG

Click for larger versions:

1339088864_Twitterdisappearingcomments2.thumb.jpg.60d108be29a47ea4c79480a2cca31fcf.jpg

1120793279_Twittermanipulatingposts.thumb.jpg.1ec75991c6cce8f040ff1650eb4334aa.jpg

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

This has been going on since CDPR made their announcement, BTW.

1315616825_Calling-outremovalofCrunchcomments.png.9203ab7df4b5c8f8b48084ec4bc01a44.png

1506560959_Twitterneedstobecomeregulated.PNG.7a142373ae8ef933212d9374b6b554b2.PNG

Click for larger version:

1489141404_TwitterhidingCrunchresponses.thumb.png.c75b451202d17b707761db6d4c5e451b.png

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Imagine being surprised that pre-ordering a video game in the current shambles state of the development environment is not a good idea. Just pay for the product when it releases. Otherwise you are just opening yourself up to unnecessary risk. With digital distribution pre-ordering a product is meaningless because there is no supply shortage, so you are guaranteed to be able to acquire the product on release. 

That said, this is still unprofessional from CDPR. They should've just stuck with the 'good games take time' approach and not disappointed their customers by making a final release date and then still needing to work on it.

That's an F in the profile pic

31 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Imagine being surprised that pre-ordering a video game in the current shambles state of the development environment is not a good idea. Just pay for the product when it releases. Otherwise you are just opening yourself up to unnecessary risk. With digital distribution pre-ordering a product is meaningless because there is no supply shortage, so you are guaranteed to be able to acquire the product on release. 

That said, this is still unprofessional from CDPR. They should've just stuck with the 'good games take time' approach and not disappointed their customers by making a final release date and then still needing to work on it.

They should've just delayed the game indefinitely like Dying Light 2..

Main Rig :

Laptop :

It's just few extra weeks, so what. It's gone gold yes, game is done. Delay is  not because game is not done but as they said they want to do launch on all platforms at the same time. Business wise I'm sure it makes sense for the. 

I just don't get how some people get so emotionally invested into a video game delay, even being so angry what I've seen on social media. Truly pathetic, literal grown up adults fuming because of something so trivial. 

Personally I'd like PC version to launch first, I know it's ready. They don't want to do that, they definitely have contracts with everyone revolving that. Even though game for new consoles is coming later on, could've released for PC first then anyway. But whatever. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

It seems that someone at Twitter is trying to create a narrative for game industry media to report on.

Click for larger versions:

not even surprised at this point.

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

The game is well optimized tho so you don't need beefy hardware to run it.

i have seen many people planing on upgrading/building new rigs for it though 

Of 74 direct replies to this comment, only 8 remain not-hidden.

Click for larger versions of the images.

2006091883_Of74directresponses.png.677f39168ab4d07bb3084f7f2b41a866.png    2075815086_Of74directresponsesonly8remain.thumb.png.3f4c4a5bfc05df681d43446590cf9547.png

So, some unscrupulous people / losers at Twitter have made-up their minds: Everyone is supposed to be critical of CDPR right now and this is the time for an anti-crunch movement.

Just imagine how many critical news events Twitter-staff losers are doing this same thing with. They're going to be doing this everywhere.

Twitter is such a god damn dumpsterfire. They pretend to be impartial/neutral yet they keep on meddling with all sorts of shit in ways that are not obvious, like shadow banning or convenient hiding of comments that they don't like. And when caught, it's always "our algorithms made a mistake". Yeah, bullshit.

Just think: Twitter are doing this over a game and developer crunch. And Valve have done similar on their forums against news reports regarding legal victories in court concerning game ownership rights. But the amount of manipulation by Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook, Quora, regarding political and critical topics every day is much more enormous.

It goes to show that so much of the messages people see everywhere about anything are fake and artificial propaganda constructs.

8 hours ago, Beskamir said:

Good! Maybe this will mean the devs won't have to crunch as much.

They will most likely have an extended crunch time, if we are being honest here.

People really have nothing better to do if they have to result to death threatening someone over a game. 

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s
Spelling

Oh Dear How Sad Never Mind GIF - OhDearHowSad NeverMind BatterySergeantMajorWilliams GIFs

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

10 hours ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

They will most likely have an extended crunch time, if we are being honest here.

yea.... good point :(

4 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

People really have nothing better to do if they have to result to death threatening someone over a game. 

Wow people are assholes.

With all the real problems going on in the world, you know, like famine and disease and suffering, waiting a few more weeks for a video game is about as inconsequential as it gets.

Besides, do we want a game that is virtually ready or a game that is rushed to sale when it isn't nowhere near ready?

(There'll obviously still be day one patches, so it's going to need tweaking.) 

Okay look, I'm annoyed and disapointed. But I'm certainly not about to insult the company and send death threats. Holy shit its not THAT serious to deserve such shit.