Cyberpunk delayed again! Yes its true.

Ryuzakimorgoth
58 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

Okay look, I'm annoyed and disapointed. But I'm certainly not about to insult the company and send death threats. Holy shit its not THAT serious to deserve such shit.

Well, its not serious, just a troll with too much time on his hands, probably living in his momma's basement. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

its tough to say. is this going to be a nms all over? you should never pre order. if it was going to be for ps5 and new xbox and people don't have thows yet so. and there are people on here that want and 30xx for this game and they don't have that yet. maybe there some marketing were they need this stuff to be in peoples hands first. who nos.

to day people really look for a getaway from the world we have now.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

GameInformer released an article covering this decision

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10/28/cyberpunk-2077-devs-didnt-know-about-the-delay-until-the-day-of-heres-why

The reason they stated is because they were indeed having performance issues with the current gen versions and decided to push back to make sure all versions are good. Still not sure I buy this TBH, this game started development on current gen systems, technically the next gen version is the port so to imagine the oldest version of the game they have has issues the newer builds don't is silly, at least IMO.

No matter the reason though, idiots sending deaths threats is not OK, not for any reason, full stop.

Interestingly, the reason most of CDPR found out about the delay at the same time as us was explained. Because CDPR is a publicly traded company, under polish law news of another delay has to be treated as confidential and anyone privy to it has to under NDA to not disclose it since in could be used for insider trading/market manipulation. This either meant EVERYONE at CDPR had to sign an NDA to keep it a secret or tell they them at the same time as the public.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 hours ago, RollinLower said:

i don't mind this at all to be honest. i've been waiting since the first trailer dropped in 2013. 

it's been 7 years, whats a few weeks more?

It's not really about a little delay, it's the overall complete mismanagement of the project over years. They already announced that everything is good enough and ready to go, yet now something is so broken that it can't in fact be released? Will few more days fix that? I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed again.

18 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

GameInformer released an article covering this decision

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10/28/cyberpunk-2077-devs-didnt-know-about-the-delay-until-the-day-of-heres-why

The reason they stated is because they were indeed having performance issues with the current gen versions and decided to push back to make sure all versions are good. Still not sure I buy this TBH, this game started development on current gen systems, technically the next gen version is the port so to imagine the oldest version of the game they have has issues the newer builds don't is silly, at least IMO.

Look at the CPU on current gen consoles and you'll see exactly why they are having trouble with them. This is not counting those slow as molasses HDD's they use, amounting to a double bottleneck. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

This pretty unfortunate. Not terribly surprising, but unfortunate. I get that games take time, and things come up, however if you're not sure if you're going to be able to launch a game on time, give yourself more time, don't keep breaking promises. It's getting to the point where a lot of people are just giving up on the studio, and that's not a great position to be in. I'm sure people would have rather had a more reasonable launch window initially, than be lied to over and over.

I'm betting it'll be a 2021 release. March.

4 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yes, yes, you are tired, I am tired and CDPR are also tired of it. They want the game to be released as much as anyone else. They want to test it some more and there are 9 different versions for it. Quality control. The lack of which is what is my major concern of the gaming industry as a whole and if just ONE company can take that seriously then that will make me more happy than any game with bugs or random crashes.

As far as broken promises goes, well reality isn't scripted and shit happens. There are no promises that can't be broken, so there you go.

Not scripted, sure, but it's habitual. They do this with every game they've put out. They need to stop pissing off people, realize that they have no grasp of time frames, and work towards remedying that, not hoping that fanboys of their content won't care. I have no problem with them delaying a game once, but do it once, and make it more than long enough so you have time to tackle anything else that comes up. It's not like this is a new studio, or a group of people that have no idea what they're doing; they're pros. They should be able to predict how long it will take.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

So, if you were a dev and you made your game gold and just few days during ongoing development found a massive bug, would you just ignore it and hope for the best or would you delay the game and sort it out properly? Like I said, when something goes gold, it doesn't mean everyone just goes home.

They've been testing it for months. They really should have come across most, if not all of the major bugs. When was this supposed to be released? April?

What this really shows is they have no idea how to properly schedule their games releases, and that's something they should really work on.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@dizmo

Yeah, the authors of giant super complex and detailed games like The Witcher 3 and now Cyberpunk 2077 really "don't know" how to schedule projects. LMAO

These games aren't same generic shit Ubisoft churns out every year and are all made with exactly the same concept where you just repaint some things, replace few assets and boom, you have new Far Cry 23. It's literally the absolute opposite of that. CDPR is really only known for The Witcher. A 3rd person medieval RPG. Now they are doing even more complex and detailed 1st person cyberpunk RPG shooter. Only thing that could depart from their usual projects would be a 1st person RPG racing game...

Also as info suggests, the delay is not as much their fault as it is aligning their work with their partners, specifically console makers Microsoft and Sony. They want Cyberpunk 2077 to be launched on all platforms at the same time and consoles aren't ready yet for it apparently.

I don't know why they don't just cut the length of the base game and include a free DLC with the second half.  That way they can finish the first half and have it out.

3 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

I don't know why they don't just cut the length of the base game and include a free DLC with the second half.  That way they can finish the first half and have it out.

And what makes you think the game development is entirely linear? Guess what, it's not.

1 hour ago, Ruedii said:

So you prefer to buy a half game and then pay for dlc so you can finish it? They can't sell the game at half price... What even if the DLC was free, you play half the game and have to wait for the rest? You kids need to learn to be patient. Gran Turismo 4 was delayed a year and a half or something and that was only for one console made by a game dedicated to one franchise.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not scripted, sure, but it's habitual. They do this with every game they've put out. They need to stop pissing off people, realize that they have no grasp of time frames, and work towards remedying that, not hoping that fanboys of their content won't care. I have no problem with them delaying a game once, but do it once, and make it more than long enough so you have time to tackle anything else that comes up. It's not like this is a new studio, or a group of people that have no idea what they're doing; they're pros. They should be able to predict how long it will take.

Yeah well... unlike other devs they don't just copy and paste their assets from their previous game... but whatever.

Personally, I don't think it will ship this year but I guess time will tell on that.

To me, the takeaway is that you never preorder a game and you should never buy hardware for software that hasn't been released. Of course there is nothing wrong with anticipating a games release but getting so worked up over it seems really odd.

-kp

1 hour ago, kpluck said:

Personally, I don't think it will ship this year but I guess time will tell on that.

To me, the takeaway is that you never preorder a game and you should never buy hardware for software that hasn't been released. Of course there is nothing wrong with anticipating a games release but getting so worked up over it seems really odd.

-kp

If people really bought a PC just for one game, then they deserve what they get. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

People mentioned Duke Nukem Forever, that game wasn't actually in development for 12 years. 3D Realms spent a lot of time on the game, switched engines twice, and restarted development twice as well, then the version they were developing was ultimately scrapped and the Gearbox developed release we got was only in development for probably a year or so. Daikatana had similar issues.

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

On 10/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I'm certainly not going to argue against the fact that they care about the game. This is something I'll always give to CDPR. And I am certainly not going to argue against half assed products being delivered either. I'm just saying that for the 20+ years I've been a hardcore gamer, I see this industry that I love just getting worse and worse every years and its starting to piss me off. There are so many issues and there's nothing we can do, mostly because the casual market only cares about the present moment when they enjoy a game. Okay there's not ONLY the casual market at fault, corporate greed is on the front lines on where the fault lies.. But you get what I mean, I'm sure.

funny all theses years stock shelves i keep saying to my self why... seems they try there hardest to piss people off, confuse you and just do stupid stuff. its just donned on me i think is all has to do with share holders. if we say make 50% more 1 year then the holders will keep exspeting it year after year witch is not doable. although wtf buys shares in grocery stores.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 11/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, Sky Spark said:

People mentioned Duke Nukem Forever, that game wasn't actually in development for 12 years. 3D Realms spent a lot of time on the game, switched engines twice, and restarted development twice as well, then the version they were developing was ultimately scrapped and the Gearbox developed release we got was only in development for probably a year or so. Daikatana had similar issues.

Daikatana mane dev fired everyone. i payed the shit out of that demo...

On 10/31/2020 at 11:10 AM, BlackManINC said:

If people really bought a PC just for one game, then they deserve what they get. 

seems like people do on this forms...

I would like it to be delayed further with all the complete original vision of running over the wall, while I am very busy to able to play the game now and everybody seem to find an extreme hard time to get the hardware of choice or convenience to play them. This is my take. 

The experience must be top for me to play, while I am trying to balance against convenience and keep the flow going, and struggling with it. Hey but still need to do the best possible at the time.

I would like it to be delayed further with all the complete original vision of running over the wall, while I am very busy to able to play the game now and everybody seem to find an extreme hard time to get the hardware of choice or convenience to play them. This is my take. 

On 10/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, RejZoR said:

People think that when it goes gold, everyone stops and goes home. That's not how it works. Especially given how CDPR works. They continued working on it, adding content for future updates and they probably stumbled upon something worthy of fixing before actually handing over the product to gamers. It's annoyance if it's delayed, but not nearly as much as getting hooked into the game already and then be forced to stop playing until it's fixed. I had such idiotic bug in Crysis 3 where yelling sounds would just randomly play through the levels. It was so annoying I was forced to stop playing and Crytek fixed that weeks later. Now imagine you're totally engaged in Cyberpunk 2077 and you have to stop playing for few weeks because of a bug. It's worst scenario possible. It's better wait few weeks in advance and then have no interruptions.

i still have a problem with Crysis... the helicopter gets stuck in the ocean after i destroy the boat... i just wanted to play it...

On 10/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, Master Disaster said:

No, they delayed it either because they didn't want to compete with both Watchdogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla or they're worried releasing the next gen version alongside the consoles required to play the game on will result in poor sales of those versions since the consoles will almost certainly be out of stock everywhere for at least a few weeks.

why not just do download only and pay and extra $10 (w/e if cost) for a hard copy? then you don't have to wate for the hard copy's to be shipped.

On 10/27/2020 at 2:22 PM, Master Disaster said:

There's no chance Valve will ever release Half Life 3/Episode 3 now. The game has been elevated to mythical status by fans and the only outcome would be disappointment. Not least because Source Engine is HUGELY outdated and to get it running on Source 2 they would have to start again with most of it anyway.

That's not to say we won't ever see a full mainline Half Life game ever again though. My guess would be a series reboot using Source 2.

the fans are working on the hl3 game...or as far as no...

On 10/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, BlackManINC said:

I'd be perfectly fine with a reboot to be honest with you. That Black Mesa remake only reminded me how over rated Half Life 1 really was, so a total do over is long overdue, to get rid of that stain. A few other series could use a reboot as well, Mass Effect being one of them, after they ruined any chances of Andromeda being a good title with that shit ending in part 3. 

hl1 graphics were the best at the time. even if you didn't like the story...

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

hl1 graphics were the best at the time. even if you didn't like the story...

Didn't care for the gameplay either. The marine AI deflates whatever positives it had going for itself, HATE IT. Its just as shit in the Black Mesa remake as it was in the original. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10