Delhi man steals PS5 trademark, unknown if this may cause release delays

rcmaehl

Summary

The PS5 release in India could be delayed due to the trademark already being registered by someone other than Sony, but media and experts are divided.

Quotes

As gamers....anticipate the release of Sony’s PlayStation 5..., media reports suggest that Indian consumers might have to wait a little longer after a third party was discovered to have applied for the PS5 name. Although legal experts have poured cold water on this suggestion, the discussion is still a pertinent reminder of the importance in protecting brands as early as possible. Sony's console is due to be released...on 12 November 2020. However, the India release date is yet to be officially confirmed. The Mako Reactor has reported that the PS5 trademark was first applied for...by Delhi individual Hiteshi Aswani on 29 October 2019. When the paper reached out to Sony..., a spokesperson for Sony India said: “Thank you for bringing this to our attention, however we have no comments at this stage”. Subsequently, media reports have speculated that the trademark could lead to delays for the console. Attorney Deepak Gogia... is sceptical  about that. “This appears to be highly unlikely," he explains. "Sony has a series of trademark registrations in India starting from PS to PS4, and PS5 is nothing but a legitimate brand extension on Sony’s part." Although Aswani filed his application in October last year, this was “after media reports in 2018 to 2019 about Sony launching its PS5 series”. Seeking to strengthen his legal position, it appears that Aswani has also opposed Sony's trademark applications related to the PS5 in India. Sony's own opposition to Aswani’s trademark states that the company has proprietary rights that have been “unequivocally acknowledged and recognised the world over”. “The brand takeaways from this situation are that international brands should file trademark applications as quickly as possible because India is a jurisdiction which allows applications to be filed on an ‘intent to use basis’,” To pre-empt trademark squatters, many brand owners will file stealth applications in another name or file the application in a relatively smaller jurisdiction to claim priority. Positively, though, trademark squatting isn’t too common in India, believes Ranjan Narula, a partner at RNA IP. Where it occurs, it is seen more often with applications for major brands, with an intention to use the mark in other product sectors.

My thoughts

Bwahaha, this is some silly stuff. While I haven't heard of this happening before I'm sure some people have tried. Perhaps this is why the XBox doesn't have a consistent naming scheme, it prevents this kinda of attempted legal abuse. Regardless, I'm sure Sony will get their trademark, one way or another. I think I'll side on the Media with this one, with the on-going pandemic stuff is still slower than normal, that includes the legal system.

Sources

Filing (thanks @Spotty)

Kit Guru

Games Radar

World Trademark Review (quote source)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I assume that no matter what kind of wacky meme laws India has, a court will award it to Sony probably for free/no settlement. They aren't stupid.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

I assume that no matter what kind of wacky meme laws India has, a court will award it to Sony probably for free/no settlement. They aren't stupid.

Cause money = justice

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Any court would side with Sony on that one. 

No one can use the name "playstation" without violating Sony's trademark. Adding a number to it doesn't change anything.

Otherwise, I could just create a brand called "Nintendo 5" and somehow get away with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Any court would side with Sony on that one. 

No one can use the name "playstation" without violating Sony's trademark. Adding a number to it doesn't change anything.

Otherwise, I could just create a brand called "Nintendo 5" and somehow get away with it.

brb going to trademark geforce rtx 4080

Not sure about Indian trademark law but, if it's anything like US or the EU law, unless this guy is making game consoles this shouldn't apply anyway:

Trademark infringement is a violation of the exclusive rights attached to a trademark without the authorization of the trademark owner or any licensees (provided that such authorization was within the scope of the licence). Infringement may occur when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party, in relation to products or services which are identical or similar to the products or services which the registration covers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_infringement

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Cause money = justice

Really not a money issue. The guy is clearly squatting on the name, he's actually in the wrong.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

12 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

is sceptical [sic] about that.

12 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

unequivocally acknowledged and recognised [sic] the world over

Sceptical and recognised are the correct spellings in English.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/skeptical

Lets have a good ol commonwealth argument on spelling

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not sure about Indian trademark law but, if it's anything like US or the EU law, unless this guy is making game consoles this shouldn't apply anyway:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_infringement

Honestly that has always been a strange thing to me.

Hypothetically: I can trademark a company that makes toys with the name "TryCo". But then some other company comes around, decide they want to use the name as well, as long as they don't make toys, they can somehow use "TryCo" for their brand and products.

But quite frankly, that would just create confusion in the consumers. If someone is looking for my toys but end up finding completely unrelated stuff, like cars, air conditioner or whatever else, this takes away some of my business since they may just give up and find a different brand (and vice versa). It just fucks with the SEO, too.

We are not in the 1950s anymore where most companies are purely local. In a global world, with the internet being a thing, having multiple companies or product type with the name brand just because they don't compete with one another, is a completely foolish concept.

I'm not surprised to hear about copyright/trademark reform being talked about every once in a while, when this sort of stupidity is a thing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

But quite frankly, that would just create confusion in the consumers. If someone is looking for my toys but end up finding completely unrelated stuff, like cars, air conditioner or whatever else, this takes away some of my business since they may just give up and find a different brand (and vice versa). It just fucks with the SEO, too.

But at the same time it would be ridiculous to just give out the exclusive right to a word to someone just because they got to the registration office first. A little (and mostly harmless) confusion is a pretty small price to pay to avoid that. Imagine if Apple could enforce their trademark on all markets and not just the one they actively compete in...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Honestly that has always been a strange thing to me.

Hypothetically: I can trademark a company that makes toys with the name "TryCo". But then some other company comes around, decide they want to use the name as well, as long as they don't make toys, they can somehow use "TryCo" for their brand and products.

We are not in the 1950s anymore where most companies are purely local. In a global world, with the internet being a thing, having multiple companies or product type with the name brand just because they don't compete with one another, is a completely foolish concept.

It's to prevent a small startup from essentially claiming names of common words (and also to prevent the abuse of the name).  e.g. Apple (which wouldn't exist since Apple was already trademarked), would hold the full trademark on the name Apple...so then could start pursuing companies that sell Apple's that use the world Apple in their name (e.g. a local store here is called Golden Apple...that wouldn't be allowed if names had to be different from trademarks).

In regards to the OP.  I don't know about India's trademark rules, but I agree with others if it is anything like NA's trademarks it will be invalid.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

22 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Really not a money issue. The guy is clearly squatting on the name, he's actually in the wrong.

Im not on the up and up on Indian law, but if the guy owns the patent then it comes down to a Corporation strong-arming politics.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Is the guy in India actually using the "PS5" trademark for anything or is he just sitting on it?

He's trademarked it for basically all categories concerning video games and children's toys, so I would say it's pretty obvious he was trying to steal the trademark from Sony.

Trade Marks Journal No: 1937 , 20/01/2020 Class 28

PS5

4332863 29/10/2019

HITESH ASWANID-56, ANAND VIHAR, NEW DELHI-110092

INDIVIDUAL

Address for service in India/Attorney address:

AMANDEEP SINGHPLOT NO.62-63, KHASRA NO.103-104, RAJPUR KHURD EXTENSION, NEW DELHI-110068

Proposed to be Used

DELHI

COIN-OPERATED ARCADE VIDEO GAME MACHINES; AMUSEMENT MACHINES FOR USE IN AMUSEMENT PARKS OTHER THAN ARCADE VIDEO GAME MACHINES; TOYS; TOY ACTION FIGURES; ELECTRONIC ACTION TOYS; ELECTRONIC GAMES FOR THE TEACHING OF CHILDREN; CARDS FOR TRADING CARD GAMES; MINI-CAR TOYS; TOY MODEL ROCKETS; ASTRONAUT-SHAPED TOYS; HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; HANDSET CRADLES FOR HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; GAME CONTROLLERS FOR HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; JOYSTICKS EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; PROTECTIVE CARRYING CASES SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR HANDHELD VIDEO GAMES; WEB CAMERAS EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLES USED WITH TELEVISIONS; HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS; EARPHONES EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS (TOY EARPHONES); HEADPHONES EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS (TOY HEADPHONES); MICROPHONES EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS (TOY MICROPHONES); KEYBOARDS EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS; MOUSE EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS; MOUNTS EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS.; MOUNTS CONNECTABLE TO AC ADAPTERS AND D-TERMINAL CABLES EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS; PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR HAND-HELD GAMES WITH LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS; MOLDED TOY FIGURES; DOLLS; MODEL TOYS; RADIO CONTROL RECEIVERS AND TRANSMITTERS FOR MODEL TOYS; MOTOR CONTROLLERS FOR MODEL TOYS; DICE GAMES; GAME CARDS; GAME EQUIPMENT; CHESS GAMES; CHECKER SETS; PLAYING CARDS; TRADING CARD GAMES; DOMINOES; CONJURING APPARATUS; BILLIARD EQUIPMENT; CHEST EXPANDERS; GOLF BALL MARKERS; GOLF CLUBS; GOLF BAGS; SURF BOARDS; SKI CASES; SKI BINDINGS; GOLF TEES; PARAGLIDERS; BOWLING BAGS; BOXING GLOVES; RACKETS FOR TENNIS OR BADMINTON; GUTS FOR RACKETS FOR TENNIS OR BADMINTON; RACKET CASES FOR TENNIS OR BADMINTON; ROLLER SKATES; STATIONARY EXERCISE BICYCLES AND ROLLERS THEREFOR; WATERSKIS; BASEBALL GLOVES; ARCHERY BOWS.

http://www.ipindia.gov.in/writereaddata/Portal/IPOJournal/1_4834_1/CLASS_25_-_29.pdf

Guy probably thinks he can somehow profit off it. He'll be driven in to bankruptcy by legal fees once Sony's lawyers get through with him.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

31 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Our Google overlords say otherwise:

image.png.041e06dbe628352110e2d87647b33dc4.png

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Im not on the up and up on Indian law, but if the guy owns the patent then it comes down to a Corporation strong-arming politics.

You mean the trademark, and just because he has it registered doesnt mean it's valid. It will get struck down in court almost certainly and it will be justice. There's no chance he has a legitimate use for the name PlayStation 5. In other cases where there's someone really using the name and a larger corporation just says fuck you even though you were actually using it validly, that is bad.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Do you have your browser set to English (US)? That's not the same language as English.

Damn are you really unironically doing this this meme? Australian English isnt English (UK) either.

image.png.66de904ddd6f79161def0704985e0977.png

23 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

There's no chance he has a legitimate use for the name PlayStation 5.

why do you keep referring to it as playstation 5? The article just states trademark for "ps5"... unless I missed it in wall of text 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

why do you keep referring to it as playstation 5? The article just states trademark for "ps5"... unless I missed it in wall of text 🤣

That's correct. The trademark dispute is for "PS5". I linked to the trademark filling in a post above.

Edited by Spotty

Exactly.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

*** Thread cleaned ***

Whats with the spelling and meaning of words issue you guys have recently...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

*** Thread cleaned ***

Whats with the spelling and meaning of words issue you guys have recently...

Not many people outside Australia know that we have our own version of English.
image.png.b9584655878095621275c8166a13f87e.png

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

What do you mean "keep referring to it as playstation 5"? I used that term exactly once. Sony owns the trademark on PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4, and now PS5, same shit.

I vaguely remember hearing about this years ago.  Sony would have had time to work something.  They might not have of course.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, S w a t s o n said:

What do you mean "keep referring to it as playstation 5"? I used that term exactly once. Sony owns the trademark on PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4, and now PS5, same shit.

Not in India!

And yes, I think there's a difference, you said he had trademarked "playstation 5" which he has not , apparently.

The outcome might be the same, but chances are slightly better with some arbitrary letters and a number than with "playstation5"  

Also in my humble opinion, "just" would be if the court would grant him the trademark as Sony very well knew they'd have to get this trademark sooner than later, which they seemingly didn't care to do in time.

But that won't happen obviously, billion dollar corp in trademark dispute with sole guy from India, the outcome is clear... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Not in India!

And yes, I think there's a difference, you said he had trademarked "playstation 5" which he has not , apparently.

The outcome might be the same, but chances are slightly better with some arbitrary letters and a number than with "playstation5"  

Also in my humble opinion, "just" would be if the court would grant him the trademark as Sony very well knew they'd have to get this trademark sooner than later, which they seemingly didn't care to do in time.

But that won't happen obviously, billion dollar corp in trademark dispute with sole guy from India, the outcome is clear... 

My memory is Sony was slow releasing its name and several “businessmen” from various countries shotgun trademarked various similar terms.  Much like that guy who spent years trademarking various potential renames for the Kansas City chiefs.  He apparently trademarked hundreds. The result for that one seems to be he wants so much money for one of “his” names that one possible winner is going to be the Kansas City redtails because it was the name of a world war 2 fighter group and the dude couldn’t trademark it

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.