LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

Blog post is here already... ikr what the actual... ahem... is going on!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

14 minutes ago, _Rlocke said:

I think i did great today...but i don't know!

Damn you dude, stop pushing me :D

Bad day for me, lan went down in one of my rooms leaving a few PC's doing nothing.

4 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

Damn you dude, stop pushing me :D

Bad day for me, lan went down in one of my rooms leaving a few PC's doing nothing.

Another Titan V and 2080ti being added to the fleet soon.

20 minutes ago, _Rlocke said:

Another Titan V and 2080ti being added to the fleet soon.

I hoping to pick up 4 3070's, but I dunno when they will arrive.

Rank 33, I think that's my spot for the remainder provided I can keep everything running. 

8 minutes ago, biohazard911 said:

Rank 33, I think that's my spot for the remainder provided I can keep everything running. 

That's the tricky part... getting rank you want... then keeping 100% uptime to hold it.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

11 minutes ago, biohazard911 said:

I think I've just about topped out at 37, now I'm at the mercy of the WU distribution, my hardware and my competition

I know folding month is really setting in when I'm up at 2:30 looking at stats and for some unknown reason cooking curly fries...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

I know folding month is really setting in when I'm up at 2:30 looking at stats and for some unknown reason cooking curly fries...

lol Cheers to a Saturday morning well spent ;)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

lol Cheers to a Saturday morning well spent ;)

Agreed!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

28 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

mmmm….curly…...

3 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

After the last one I have battery banks, emergency solar, a biolite stove.... and ups units that can charge little stuff for days.  

shit happens this year help is not going to be available readily.

Where I lived most went unscathed but walking it was a pain for a week here. Tho you reminded me to ensure all my battery banks are fully charged, all 45,000 +- mah of it.

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Its ok, we can still go to malls and charge our bat-

Oh wait.

Actually malls are a good place to do that, went to Yorkdale on Saturday/Sunday (the morning of the storm I think), full power either by generators or underground wiring. Malls at least back then where a good choice, now it's a good choice to get sick, I won't step foot into my local mall for that very reason.

3 hours ago, cheesytacopastaman said:

Well thankfully it passed with no outages or anything, but yes, I think a game of Russian roulette is in order there. 

There was some flickering here, sadly no joy in using my UPS's to their potential.

4 hours ago, cbigfoot said:

Winter. would be just about right for 2020 to have a masive ICE Storm take out the grid coast to coast...and Then a massive blizzard in the south where no one is ready and the states dont have a budget left for salt and sand, or removal.

Sounds like the plot for Day After Tomorrow, and many of those cheap disaster movies some of which are actually good, well better than 2020 has been lol... However I can see it coming true, maybe not in 2020 but in early 2021 since that is usually when we get the junk, I'll still blame it on 2020 however.

7 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Sounds like the plot for Day After Tomorrow, and many of those cheap disaster movies some of which are actually good, well better than 2020 has been lol... However I can see it coming true, maybe not in 2020 but in early 2021 since that is usually when we get the junk, I'll still blame it on 2020 however.

Flood lake ontario and sail a ship up Yonge st 

The elevation change in parts of the city is hilarious at times 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Flood lake ontario and sail a ship up Yonge st 

The elevation change in parts of the city is hilarious at times 

Why stop at a boat? Like in 1954.

Why not GO all out and use a train?

04700572.jpg

Note: Ignore that little rescue raft, it's a silly raft that got lost, and totally not helping the people stuck on that train.

Speaking of UPS's.  Anybody know of consumer type ones that can be modded fairly easily with LiFe?  I know charging is a ton different (I work with LiPo a LOT for my hobby, and some LiFe in solar), but integrated charge controllers are fairly common on some LiFe solar batteries, which would make it easy to dump in a "forever" type battery to forget, if the normal charge controllers on a UPS could handle it.

I could always go the full solar household level battery charger/inverter route, but that gets super expensive super quick.  I just want really long run time on something I don't have to replace every couple years even if I only use it once or twice.

I know APC has a LiPo based SmartUPS now, but I'd rather use a generic large battery pack vs a proprietary module…and they cost the same as a normal solar type inverter/charge controller and battery for the that would have 4x the capacity (though the APC does have network monitoring).

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Why stop at a boat? Like in 1954.

Why not GO all out and use a train?

Note: Ignore that little rescue raft, it's a silly raft that got lost, and totally not helping the people stuck on that train.

It's not a storm in Toronto until some stupid prick floods and sinks a supercar.

hqdefault.jpg.93b2939ca2df1085f35fc611c4fe28f1.jpg

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

It's not a storm in Toronto until some stupid prick floods and sinks a supercar.

hqdefault.jpg.93b2939ca2df1085f35fc611c4fe28f1.jpg

I don't recognize that area, initially I thought it was the underpass by Union but I know it isn't, I know there are a few parts in Toronto that get plagued with yearly floods due to water pooling faster than it can drain, every year at least 2 or more cars get stuck in those areas because of said egotistical morons. If you flood your car in such a stupid manner your license gets automatically removed with 0 chance of getting a new one.

@Gegger Is a ladle a very big spoon, or is a spoon just a small ladle? 

I'm... uh... asking for a friend

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240