LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

This is my day job when people ask me for "something that should be simple".

It is simple. Simple to ask.

I might have something similar to what would be needed here, but it's old code, 10+ years old...

1 hour ago, cheesytacopastaman said:

Look it's that giant duck people talk about. Just peaking over that tree, it's actually pretty funny. Lol

Yea, never knew Maps got it. People where complaining about the cost of it being there more than anything, at least that is what I remember of it. Tho that cost for that position is funny, and that alone is worth the cost esp considering the ships name is Caledonia which is a females name, so lets call Ducky Richard.

so interesting experience just now, hardware acceleration on my browser crashed my 5600xt's gpu driver mid fold. I've clawed the power limit back a bit and turned off the feature on my current browser but just thought it was... interesting

Just now, marknd59 said:

The script runs at 00:00 BST (midnight) each day

That's actually pretty cool, thank you for answering. happy folding.

3 minutes ago, cheesytacopastaman said:

Gotcha. Does it get pulled the same time each day or is it just whenever someone runs the command to? 

I think they are using the donor.txt file found here https://foldingathome.org/statistics/  (daily_user_summary.txt.bz2)

Be warned... it's a massive and it's a pain to work with.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

14 minutes ago, cheesytacopastaman said:

Look it's that giant duck people talk about. Just peaking over that tree, it's actually pretty funny. Lol

Our city paid 200k rubles to sail it in, but supposedly the economic boom was noticeable. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

OK will do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5211221

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Our city paid 200k rubles to sail it in, but supposedly the economic boom was noticeable. 

Holding another tall ship convention as they did for the 200th anniversary battle of york (which is where I got that pic of Caledonia) would have brought in more money than that stupid duck.

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

I think they are using the donor.txt file found here https://foldingathome.org/statistics/  (daily_user_summary.txt.bz2)

Parsing a txt file (not checking how big it is or how many lines etc) with needless information is a huge waste of resources and time, so they are likely using the api.

7 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Be warned... it's a massive and it's a pain to work with

I don't think they'd use that exact one or at least modify it a bit because they are only taking stuff down for about 400 users for the folding event. But thats something I haven't seen before, thanks.

8 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

That.... that's what she said.

12 minutes ago, cheesytacopastaman said:

That's actually pretty cool, thank you for answering. happy folding.

The script actually runs every hour, this way if we get a borked update at then end of the event we will use the last complete update.

The scripts takes the data and parses it down to ensure we only get the data needed for the event participants.

the script was written by @leadeater

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Parsing a txt file (not checking how big it is or how many lines etc) with needless information is a huge waste of resources and time, so they are likely using the api.

No the official supported way by FAH is to use that text file, abuse of the API and stats page for large data pulls gets you blocked. EOC uses the same file.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The script actually runs every hour, this way if we get a borked update at then end of the event we will use the last complete update.

The scripts takes the data and parses it down to ensure we only get the data needed for the event participants.

I can barely write my name in script.

That boy is talented.

24 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Same.  And as clever as I think I am sometimes, QA always.  

ALWAYS.

Breaks something.  

An old boss used to tell me "when I'm mad at you for telling me how it sucks, I know you're doing your job".

That was my first official paid for QA job.  LOL

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

I see, that's what I thought for the participants thing since it's a miniscule amount compared to the number of people folding for any team right now. At some point maybe I'll mess around with stats and stuff like that but for now I don't think my internet connection could even handle the amount of data it would require for even one download. Still, it's really cool how you guys do it. 

Well guys, not much of a post but here it is, mixyure of messing up my meds and having a bad metal health spell getting the better of me. Think I've been overdoing it recently IRL. i'm sure I'll recover. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, cheesytacopastaman said:

I see, that's what I thought for the participants thing since it's a miniscule amount compared to the number of people folding for any team right now. At some point maybe I'll mess around with stats and stuff like that but for now I don't think my internet connection could even handle the amount of data it would require for even one download. Still, it's really cool how you guys do it. 

The files are only around 4mb for the TeamLTT

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well guys, not much of a post but here it is, mixyure of messing up my meds and having a bad metal health spell getting the better of me. Think I've been overdoing it recently IRL. i'm sure I'll recover. 

*pats head*

Your strength through it all continues to be an inspiration.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

It's @leadeater script he is the one that can answer questions about it I know nothing about how it works.

Line A goes to where Line A should go Line for @Den-Fi goes to me and all of @Egg-Roll goes to @Den-Fix100/2 to the power of 99, because why not? Lines C on wards go to their respective places.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

No the official supported way by FAH is to use that text file, abuse of the API and stats page for large data pulls gets you blocked. EOC uses the same file.

Thought the API being accessed for one group once/twice a day would have been ok, but whatever is the most efficient method for them is fine by me. I also figured EOC would have used the file since they too display everything.

The files are only around 4mb for the TeamLTT

I meant like, the entire folding at home project. That is pretty small though. At least less than I thought.