LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

Oh god, why have I seen this...

Well you have now!

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

Oh god, why have I seen this...

Been using the X16 to X4X4X4X4 for a few months, no issues to say. 

Current Build

13 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

Motherboard does have to support bifurcation.

Thank you for that.

I'm looking for an x570 board with bifurcation support, if they even exist. I'm hoping to get a zen3 cpu so I could run bifurcated risers at gen 4.0 speeds, if that's possible.

Just now, Shlouski said:

Thank you for that.

I'm looking for an x570 board with bifurcation support, if they even exist. I'm hoping to get a zen3 cpu so I could run bifurcated risers at gen 4.0 speeds, if that's possible.

I'm using an MSI X570 A-pro. Will have support for the new AMD CPU's with a bios update.

Current Build

17 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

I'm using an MSI X570 A-pro. Will have support for the new AMD CPU's with a bios update.

I'm hoping to find a board with two pcie x16 slots with both slots still running at x16 when populated, this means I could run 8 cards off one board, each at x4.

8 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

I'm hoping to find a board with two pcie x16 slots with both slots still running at x16 when populated, this means I could run 8 cards off one board, each at x4.

You'll be looking for a very high end CPU, such as a threadripper for this. That's even if the motherboard would support multiple bifurcated slots. Your idea is ambitious, but would require 32 PCIe lanes.

Current Build

40 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

You'll be looking for a very high end CPU, such as a threadripper for this. That's even if the motherboard would support multiple bifurcated slots. Your idea is ambitious, but would require 32 PCIe lanes.

or a epyic server

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I forgot about this thread for a hot second. Anyways, stats for today https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1leMd9jA-bU7enawoXD43mOzUIPGSVX9Aiorep3C4Q9g/edit#gid=25113225

I don't think Mark posted them here. I didn't see them at least

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

57 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

2.8M ppd on an RTX 2060? That's just nuts.

if it's stable, that means you got really lucky at the silicon lottery. the little engine that could :))

My system been slacking for the past few days... time to get up to speed. Lets see the stats for tomorrow :)

Current Build

My place keeps dropping and dropping, while my ppd has been consistent 😪

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

Hi guys, I sadly won’t be folding this year. I just received my power bill from last year and used an excess of €525 over 12 months in power. Now, I can only attribute that to folding. 

wish all you other folders good luck, and let’s win collectively ❤️

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Hi guys, I sadly won’t be folding this year. I just received my power bill from last year and used an excess of €525 over 12 months in power. Now, I can only attribute that to folding.

My power bill was about that before I started folding, now it's about double that. ☹️

51 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

My power bill was about that before I started folding, now it's about double that. ☹️

yeah same here, about 1350 euro's a year. and there really isn't any super power hungry equipment in my house other than my F@H systems.

6 hours ago, LazyDev said:

6 hours ago, dogwitch said:

or a epyic server

Not necessarily, apparently my 2 x Xeon L5640 can have up to 72 PCI lanes (36 ea). Tho to be fair no specific data exists for that specific chip, however if one wants to go that route server chips and boards are a good choice.

This board support up to 56 lanes

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUPERMICRO-X8DTH-IF-BM003-REV-2-01-SERVER-MOTHERBOARD/203127479670

7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, d0ks said:

seven more to go and you'll catch up with @Den-Fi

man-with-flag-on-top-of-mountain.jpg

I'll be here waiting with tea and cookies.

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

I’m lucky my next place has electric heating because I can just fold instead. Power bill is gonna be high either way so might as well

This is my strat for folding months.

All gear is 24/7 but all heating in the house is replaced with folding machines that I have broken down in to smaller systems to have in different areas.

When folding month is over I go back to only power efficient cards and time shifting their use based on power rate times of day.

You can fold a lot without going broke, but it takes strategy. 

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database.