COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Oh shit mang. America will become Italy soon. Doctors and nurses are running out of protective gears! How can America great healthcare system running out of mask and such. Capture.thumb.PNG.af9eb3cd1050a32de32b674aedbf3655.PNG

5 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Interestingly enough, there were warnings of this, an article from 2007 warns of SARS-CoV viruses in Southern China qualifying the situation as a time bomb ;

-snip-

I think China's government should put and end to farming and selling wildlife and improved sanitation of their wet markets. Wet markets are common all over the world but they don't sell live, wild animals stacked on top of each other.

Tbh, what terrifies me is when the current healthcare workers get sick themselves and the entire system got overwhelmed. It really saddens me when a doctor or nurse dies because of the virus. Right now, some doctors and medical staff tested positive to Covid-19, many of which are now dead. What makes me angry is when patients lie to their history of travel or contact with someone positive of the coronavirus. If you ask me, anyone lying about their history of travel or contact should be punished by big fines and a six months prison time especially in times of epidemics and pandemics.

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

20 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I think China's government should put and end to farming and selling wildlife and improved sanitation of their wet markets. Wet markets are common all over the world but they don't sell live, wild animals stacked on top of each other.

Tbh, what terrifies me is when the current healthcare workers get sick themselves and the entire system got overwhelmed. It really saddens me when a doctor or nurse dies because of the virus. Right now, some doctors and medical staff tested positive to Covid-19, many of which are now dead. What makes me angry is when patients lie to their history of travel or contact with someone positive of the coronavirus. If you ask me, anyone lying about their history of travel or contact should be punished by big fines and a six months prison time especially in times of epidemics and pandemics.

Wildlife trade has been banned for a few months already ever since the pandemic started, I'm more interested in how much will be lifted after this.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

23 hours ago, Helhound said:

but it can spread faster and mutate in an isolated environment. A good example would be to compare it to the evolutionary state of the Galapagos Islands or Madagascar. For example, Lemurs only live in Madagascar and no where else, at least naturally.

Remember that it already mutated 2 times in humans since the beginning... That's why I said some researchers think it will become endemic... 😒

19 hours ago, mr moose said:

One of my status updates has a link to a 5ish year old video of bill gates talking about how this was going to happen and how it could have been stopped. 

This one maybe?

26 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Wildlife trade has been banned for a few months already ever since the pandemic started, I'm more interested in how much will be lifted after this.

It was banned back in 2003 over the SARS outbreak. A month after that was contained they reopened them.

So I wouldnt expect them to do the right thing and keep it banned for good.

6 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Yup...

And I literally just received the email from my college, at 10:22pm, to confirm they are closed until the first of may after Legault's announcement. 

This week they will be working on solutions to allow us to finish our semester... I hope they don't fuck it up.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Way2Broke said:

How can America great healthcare system running out of mask and such.

any people ask themselves the same question, including memb. of Congress an Senators...

Seems like a round of questionning is already getting ready to grill the Government's butts.

Can't seem to be able to find the link to the article. I'll update this comment if/when I find it.

14 hours ago, Canoe said:

Missing from the above, is Airborne / Aerosol Transmission.

To date, for all the studies I've seen:

•  

Actually it is airborne.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/who-considers-airborne-precautions-for-medical-staff-after-study-shows-coronavirus-can-survive-in-air.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/coronavirus-lives-for-hours-in-air-particles-and-days-on-surfaces-new-us-study-shows.html

We have known this was a solid possibility for a week ... and it has been suspected for a month or two.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-can-spread-as-an-aerosol.html

Dont panic though since it changes nothing really.  Since transmission by direct contact is FAR more likely and is thought to result in a more severe case.

9 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

When their markets are properly regulated there isn't as much of a problem, it's the black markets and dark corners that actively avoid regulation that cause the problems.  

The other problem is not the government but the people,  china is pretty good at silencing and quashing certain speech and groups, so if they can't keep on top of some wet markets then it is a trade that no country would be able to get on top of.     Just to put this in perspective, 3000 Americans die every year from contaminated food despite the best efforts of regulation.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Tbh, what terrifies me is when the current healthcare workers get sick themselves and the entire system got overwhelmed. It really saddens me when a doctor or nurse dies because of the virus. Right now, some doctors and medical staff tested positive to Covid-19, many of which are now dead. What makes me angry is when patients lie to their history of travel or contact with someone positive of the coronavirus. 

That's a minor issue compared to what happens as contagion scales up: since yesterday, six hospitals in Madrid have requested that healthcare workers tested positive of covid-19 but without serious symptoms (yet) continue to work due to staff shortages. That's right: people known to be infected (and infectious) are asked to remain active in hsopitals amidst a constrained  supply of protective equipment...

In Mulhouse (South of Alsace, France, on the Swiss-German-French border), the christian religious group who was the start of a new cluster a few weeks ago (and forbidden to regroup), did regroup again. Their pastor, who just got better (after being sick with Covid-19...) did mass for more than 20 people...

And at the same time he was saying "Be careful! This sickness is terrible! Terrible!!!"

http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/corona/story/des-evangelistes-se-sont-encore-reunis-a-mulhouse-17698916

HOW!!!  HOW can someone be this stupid???? O_o

8 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

[...] Their pastor, who just got better (after being sick with Covid-19...) did mass for more than 20 people...

And at the same time he was saying "Be careful! This sickness is terrible! Terrible!!!"

http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/corona/story/des-evangelistes-se-sont-encore-reunis-a-mulhouse-17698916
[...]

To quote from the article

[...]les réunions dans les lieux de culte sont toujours autorisées, à condition qu’elles n’excèdent pas vingt personnes et que la porte du bâtiment reste ouverte.[...]

translation: Gathering at places of worship are still allowed, provided that there are not more than 20 people present and that the building's door remains open.

It surprises me that this exception to social distancing rules exists in France, I hope it does not contribute too much to the spread of Covid19.

2 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

To quote from the article

translation: Gathering at places of worship are still allowed, provided that there are not more than 20 people present and that the building's door remains open.

It surprises me that this exception to social distancing rules exists in France, I hope it does not contribute too much to the spread of Covid19.

I know... But this cult was explicitly forbidden to reunite. That's not written in this article.

They contacted directly the "Prefect" and avoided the Mayor.

The situation has reached the point where I want to yell at anyone who's hanging out with people who are clearly not family.  It's actually disturbing -- they either don't understand what social distancing means or think it shouldn't apply when they feel like talking to someone.  If the pandemic gathers momentum here, it'll be due to self-centered assholes who felt their desire to grab a beer with a friend was more important than protecting their entire neighbourhood.

im at work rn even though my state is in lockdown because my boss says we are essential business. we make cabinets is that essential business?

12 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

im at work rn even though my state is in lockdown because my boss says we are essential business. we make cabinets is that essential business?

I mean people got to have somewhere to put all the shit they're hoarding right?

3 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Actually it is airborne.

Dont panic though since it changes nothing really.  Since transmission by direct contact is FAR more likely and is thought to result in a more severe case.

That is FALSE!

When you do shoot-from-the-hip posting, you create mis-information. This is irresponsible. Please take the time to read what you are posting on.

• There was a mechanically made aerosol in a lab experiment, using air pressure and three jets.
    • Aerosols are now PLAUSIBLE.
  • There is one weak report of aerosols by patient bathrooms in one hospital in China.
  • There have been no aerosols found in patient rooms, where patients are contained and can be definitively monitored.
  • There is a concern that aerosols may be created during some medical procedures, like intubation.

If there was aerosols expelled by people in their normal activities, the spread would have been devastating. As in, significant worse than it has been. Which is why there has been extensive monitoring/testing for aerosols.

Big clue: when you find a news article, go further and read the actual study/studies they're referencing.

Those articles are based on the same study that I reference in what I wrote. 

18 hours ago, Canoe said:

Missing from the above, is Airborne / Aerosol Transmission.

To date, for all the studies I've seen:

• There have been no documentation of aerosols of SARS-CoV-2 expelled by people doing their normal activities, including coughing and sneezing.
    • Coughing and sneezing is still suspect, as while there has been a lot of research so far, there has not been enough time for comprehensive SARS-CoV-2 research.
    • Hence, use a little more than the one metre droplet fall range, just because.
    • AND, cough into your sleeve/elbow.
  • SARS-CoV-2 aerosols have NOT been detected in patient rooms, nor on the surfaces the fine droplets in aerosols would fall onto. (I.e., where coughing/sneezing patients are frequently doing so.)
  • SARS-CoV-2 has been found on surfaces in patient rooms that are within droplet range.
  • There was one study that managed to mechanically create a SARS-CoV-2 aerosol, which still held viable viruses when they ended the experiment three hours later.
    • This means aerosols of SARS-CoV-2 are plausible, not that they are occurring.
    • There is no evidence that is happening with humans, as in creating aerosols when sneezing or coughing.
    • If they are rarely occurring, they certainly are NOT driving the pandemic, or there would be significantly higher R0 rates.
    • Speculating: this may be contributing to the high infection rate of medical personnel (i.e., intubation), particularly when appropriate PPE is not available.
  • That same study published times for which SARS-CoV-2 remained viable on various surfaces. The times they determined are notably shorter than those of other studies, but were promoted by the CDC and on the BBC.
    • Earlier studies determined times out as long as six days.
    • A SARS study documented SARS-CoV-1 staying viable on stainless steel as long as nine days.

The Airborne / Aerosol exception - Diarrhea

***snip***  go back and read

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I mean people got to have somewhere to put all the shit they're hoarding right?

we order toilet paper and stuff from some industrial providers so we have no shortage of them and we can fill the cabinets up with toilet paper and sell them as full of toilet paper

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

we order toilet paper and stuff from some industrial providers so we have no shortage of them and we can fill the cabinets up with toilet paper and sell them as full of toilet paper

From a friend...

To buy toilet paper at our grocery store, you must make a total purchase of at least 25 €. There were signs hanging everywhere on the aisle with toilet paper explaining that, and I’ve seen them refuse someone who wanted to buy just a couple of articles and a package of toilet paper.

When the first threats of a shutdown appeared, some people began to purchase toilet paper in great quantities. The store therefore restricted purchases to one package per customer.

Once that restriction was in place, staff began to notice that the same customers were coming in multiple times a day to buy one package of toilet paper. And a little checking told them that these packages were being sold on Amazon and eBay for up to 20 €/package.

That’s what led to the current rules: a minimum purchase of 25 € (deliberately 5 € higher than the going price on Amazon and eBay) for the right to buy one package of toilet paper. And, although the store is out of toilet paper from time to time, they’re going a good job of keeping their customers supplied.

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

In Mulhouse (South of Alsace, France, on the Swiss-German-French border), the christian religious group who was the start of a new cluster a few weeks ago (and forbidden to regroup), did regroup again. Their pastor, who just got better (after being sick with Covid-19...) did mass for more than 20 people...

HOW!!!  HOW can someone be this stupid???? O_o

You cant fix stupid.

Keep yourself safe and let the idiots kill themselves off.

Im not gonna lie and act like im locking myself in my house. Im working 6 days a week still.

But i sent my kids off to their grandfathers and wont be going near them till this is over. I dont interact with anyone i know that is at a risk of death. And i limit my interaction with people outside of work.

Nobody is ever forced to interact with me. So im assuming that they took similar precautions when they elect to go around me/others.

If they havent thats not really my fault.

18 hours ago, Canoe said:

... Medical personnel performing procedures or attending patients have a risk of encountering airborne/aerosols, and as such their Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) will (should) include a respirator when appropriate. They're in short supply when available. If you have any stock of the N95 nose&mouth type, you should considering donating them to your local hospital or clinic. Give them a call to see if they'd like them. Also ambulance/paramedics. ...

https://gizmodo.com/target-donates-n95-mask-inventory-to-hospitals-apologi-1842450436

• Target has apologized for selling N95 masks in some of its Seattle stores after a photo of the masks went viral on social media. Personal protective equipment like masks are in short supply for doctors and nurses across the country as the covid-19 pandemic worsens, and Target has now pledged to donate its supply of N95 masks to the medical community nationwide.
  • Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg also announced that the tech giant was donating 720,000 masks that it had stockpiled last year during the wildfire crisis in California,
  • Many companies are ramping up production of masks, including Honeywell, which told Gizmodo in a statement that it’s expanding production in Smithfield, Rhode Island,
  • Manufacturing company 3M also announced on Sunday that N95 respirator masks are making their way from a plant in South Dakota to the hardest hit regions like Washington and New York right now.

"doomscrolling"??? Me sorry! Me not speak english good enough!

What does it mean? (seriously)

1 minute ago, Cora_Lie said:

"doomscrolling"??? Me sorry! Me not speak english good enough!

What does it mean? (seriously)

It's an informal saying -- just that people tend to get obsessed with reading all the bad news (the "doom") and forget that it can take an emotional toll for no good reason.  Basically, it's important to maintain some realistic optimism and take care of your mental well-being.