Dell Poweredge Fans

I have a Dell Poweredge R420, and I run Proxmox on this server. and when I get this server the fans were not loud. then I re install proxmox without my hardware raid card enabled the fans are really loud. i asked around for weeks I know I need a "IPMI" Tool. I have watched tutorials and nothing worked. I barley know how to use this server. I need to make my server quite 

You might be able to set the minimum fan curve in Proxmox or in iDRAC somewhere, but yes to definitively control the fan speed you need to poke values at iDRAC using ipmitool. Remember, these things are designed to run in a server room, not a bedroom.

https://github.com/White-Raven/PowerEdge-shutup

I've used manual fan controls on multiple 12th and 13th gen PowerEdge servers, and it does work.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

You might be able to set the minimum fan curve in Proxmox or in iDRAC somewhere, but yes to definitively control the fan speed you need to poke values at iDRAC using ipmitool. Remember, these things are designed to run in a server room, not a bedroom.

https://github.com/White-Raven/PowerEdge-shutup

I've used manual fan controls on multiple 12th and 13th gen PowerEdge servers, and it does work.

and i do thoes commands in IDRAC? or proxmox shell?

I tried the command in proxmox, and got "-bash: ipmitool: command not found"

You need something with ipmitool installed.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

You need something with ipmitool installed.

Update, got IPMI installed and got commands, "Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session" I get this, with y IDRAC IP, i set the username to "user" and password was Calvin. and wont connect

Edit: username is suppose to be root, and still won't connect "Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session"