COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

For the curious, more details about the 45-minute COVID-19 test ("Xpert Xpress SARS-CoV-2") released by Cepheid and approved by the FDA:

• Supplies are limited, so testing will likely be done for those already in the hospital or ER, or for health care workers at risk. At this stage, it probably will not be used in the doctor's office.
  • Usually, testing must be done at an off-site lab or a distant testing facility; the travel distance and batch-test procedures account for the long delay between collecting the sample and receiving the results. By contrast, the 45-min test can be run right in the emergency room or operating room, and can run tests one-by-one.
  • Faster test responses will let health care workers make faster real-time decisions (whom to delegate resources to, what resources to delegate them with, whether workers are at risk, etc.).

What it looks like:

Spoiler

xpress%20SARS-CoV-2-EAU.png

1. Take a sample.
  2. Put the sample into the blue cartridge shown above.
  3. In 45 minutes or less, it'll give you a result.

If you like videos:

Cepheid Receives EUA from FDA for Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Test (COVID-19) — Discussion w/CMO David Persing by CepheidNews

SourceNew coronavirus test... by Statnews, Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2... by Cepheid.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

A sobering testimony of an ICU docor in Great Britain...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/tom-swarbrick/doctor-nhs-cant-cope-with-coronavirus-stay-home/

The final message? Stay at home,people! You're saving your life and other people's lives...

I wonder what is so difficult ro understand in that message?

Although our Prime Minister advices everyone stay at home. I see there are way too many cars on the road. People aren't taking this threat seriously. Soon, my country will end up like Italy.

12 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/tom-swarbrick/doctor-nhs-cant-cope-with-coronavirus-stay-home/

The final message? Stay at home,people! You're saving your life and other people's lives...

I wonder what is so difficult to understand in that message?

There's definitely a lot less traffic on the roads. Can't have 0 when some gotta get to work... 

No excuses for non-essential travel tho. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

People here in NY are not taking things as seriously as they should either. There were a bunch of people out today riding bikes and stuff. :/

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 minute ago, Lord Xeb said:

People here in NY are not taking things as seriously as they should either. There were a bunch of people out today riding bikes and stuff. :/

fr? Police didn't stop them? In Wuhan, you have to wear mask and such to go outside.

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

I wonder what is so difficult to understand in that message?

The sad thing about countries where contagion is just beginning is that, on top of "flattening the curve", they would have a chance at benefiting from all the research already advanced at countries where the covid19 arrived earlier by delaying the spread as much as they can. Yet many of them, whether in terms of government response or in terms of people willing to follow advice and abide by preventive measures, seem set on following the steps of Italy or Spain. Always this inability to grasp others' experience, "it's just 200 people in a 20 million country, and half of them came from abroad, it's not a thing here, we're not at that point yet"...

When I hear people talking about "exaggerated measures" where I live, I always think to myself "prevention, if successful, will look exaggerated. If you can already see the problem being huge, then you have failed at preventing anything".

For those interested in surface cleaning, here's a study about it ;

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195670120300463

TLDR ;

Human coronaviruses can remain infectious on inanimate surfaces for up to 9 days. Surface disinfection with 0.1% sodium hypochlorite (bleach) or 62–71% ethanol (isopropyl alcohol) significantly reduces coronavirus infectivity on surfaces within 1 minute exposure time.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The sad thing about countries where contagion is just beginning is that, on top of "flattening the curve", they would have a chance at benefiting from all the research already advanced at countries where the covid19 arrived earlier by delaying the spread as much as they can. Yet many of them, whether in terms of government response or in terms of people willing to follow advice and abide by preventive measures, seem set on following the steps of Italy or Spain. Always this inability to grasp others' experience, "it's just 200 people in a 20 million country, and half of them came from abroad, it's not a thing here, we're not at that point yet"...

When I hear people talking about "exaggerated measures" where I live, I always think to myself "prevention, if successful, will look exaggerated. If you can already see the problem being huge, then you have failed at preventing anything".

For a very long time I've been thinking that this, "Human's race inability to learn from past experiences", is at the same time the main curse and the greatest blessing of human race.

It's the main curse because whatever happens through history, we repeat the same errors again and again. Excepts for a very few "tribes" in some very specific conditions who managed to willingly, consciously decide to change profoundly, to adapt because confronted with life threatening events, to choose to evolve (and not devolve) and learn to live the new paradigms.

On  the other hand, it's also the greatest blessing because this ability to "forget", "not think about what happened or the circumstances" is what in the midst of the event let us go on. This "ability" to ignore the calamity that is coming towards us is our "blinders", this short-sightedness is what gives us the ability to survive in the instant.

But it's also what rends us unable to learn in the long run.

The events must be truly traumatic, scar the "group" in such a profound way that it will provoke the change.

When you think about it and are even a minimum able to feel empathy, then it's truly depressing...

On the other hand I "met" through his books, this author, while on maternity leave, and I thought while reading his books "I missed my calling! If not for my family circumstances I should have become an ethologist!" 😂

1 hour ago, Way2Broke said:

fr? Police didn't stop them? In Wuhan, you have to wear mask and such to go outside.

Welcome to America, land of the free and stupid. 

IDK man. It seems like people either don't care are "it won't happen to me" or "I am young so i will be fine".

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I got a piece of paper from my parent company validating that I’m employed by an essential workplace during this pandemic. So when I’m driving to or from work I can show it to officers when stating my business about why I’m outdoors. Going to have one in my car and on my person at all times. Who knows how strict this is going to be in California.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

HOW to remain sane or not to despair when confronted with insane people?

Three New Hampshire residents have sued Gov. Chris Sununu arguing that a ban on gatherings larger than 50 people in the state violates their constitutional rights...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/03/three-new-hampshire-plaintiffs-sue-to-block-coronavirus-measures/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

France, South of Alsace:

Doctors have started to triage the patients... Please, keep them all in your thoughts...

On 3/22/2020 at 2:28 AM, Falkentyne said:

Said this in the last thread, but some people are aware that UMF Manuka Honey (at least 10+, but 20+ is great IF you can afford it), Echinacea and Elderberries are excellent in fighting the virus (or rather, preventing you from getting sick in the first place--if you do, it tends to be extremely mild to just annoying).  These foods and herbs help inhibit influenza type viruses from binding to enzymes and replicating.   They also boost the immune system.  There's a reason these products are sold out on Amazon.  UMF 20+ is widely available because most people can't afford spending $80 for 8 ounces.

Here's are the problem with Echinacea or any other herbal supplements claiming to be effective against the SARS-Coronavirus-2 or any virus in general:

• Let's assume for one that certain compound/s in Echinacea extract supplements work against the SARS-Cov-2, how can we as consumers be sure that the actual active ingredient is there? Just so you know, herbal and dietary supplements are not bound by the same legalities as real medications in the drug formulary. A pharmaceutical company developing a novel drug has to pass animal testing, Phase I(20-100 people), Phase II (100-200 people), Phase III (1000-6000 people) and Phase IV (post-marketing surveillance). If a tablet of Tylenol claims to contain 500 mg of acetaminophen, you can be sure that tablet does contain 500 mg acetaminophen. Supplement manufacturers aren't bound to the same liabilities, thus they can get away with claims of concentration and even efficacy without the same rigorous testing.
  • The NCBI article you cited isn't even an actual research but rather, a compilation of journals whose majority of experiments are done either on cell cultures and animals. Heck, even the article itself said that the supplement industry is problematic because there are no standard extraction procedures.
  • Almost all supplements are crude extracts and not pure, isolated compound/s. Even if a substance found in Echinacea works, you are not getting the full benefit because it is crude. What if the loading dose of a substance X found inside Echinacea requires 300 mg three times a day? Crude extracts sold as teas, capsules, tablets and tinctures isn't going to cut it.
  • So many of these supplement manufacturers charge so much for their products, many of them actually cost more than real medicines. And by the way, naturopaths, homeopaths, and herbalists aren't covered by both private and government health insurance.
  • This is the reason why in every bottle of dietary supplements, you'll find statements like this: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.", "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.", or 'No Approved Therapeutic Claims".
  • The claims with Manuka Honey is quite scanty at the moment. Also, honey in general should never be given to children below 12 months because they contain Botulinum spores. Honey contains a lot of sugar and it is not good for DM patients. And it also falls to the same problem with supplements as mentioned above: concentration of the active ingredient/s and minimum inhibitory concentration.

With that said, I am not against discovering new drugs from plants. In fact, I highly support research investigations of purified plant extracts as source of treatments because many of our current pharmaceutical agents are actually plant based or plant derived: Metformin derived from French Lilacs, Vinblastine and Vincristine from periwinkle, Aspirin from willow bark, Artemisinin from sweet wormwood, etc.

However, I believe it is dangerous and irresponsible to market something to treat a potentially lethal virus that is currently spreading like wildfire throughout the world without the sufficient evidence to back it up. Now, if an actual health institution will be able to demonstrate actual recovery of patients using purified Echinacea, or any other plant, then by all means standardize it. But right now, everyone else including me should stick to prevention by self-quarantining and washing of hands as I've said here in page 1 of this thread, and let the doctors do treating sick patients.

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

14 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

I can tell you what has worked for me and many others who have purchased these items (Just check the Amazon reviews

Amazon reviews can be faked, or be a result of placebo effect even if the relief is true, and basing one's treatment from Amazon reviews is a matter of faith. Tech reviews of a smartphone is not the same as supplement reviews.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

It's starting in Africa and in India...

India is a little more advanced than Africa...

More than 500 infected and 6 deaths in Sub-Saharan Africa (200 in South Africa alone).

Rwanda is the latest country to have ordered the lock down. Many other countries have closed their borders.

Some Governments ordered many churches and mosques to close but unfortunately many public prayers have been organized despite it.

Same goes in India, even though many states respected the order to not attend the public holiday, many public prayers though out India have been organized with several thousands believers joining the prayers...

A disaster to come... *sigh*

Pretty sure we already know what the most effective way to rid someone of the infection & stop them from spreading it onto others is, and unlike all this snake oil bollocks, actually has empirial evidence you could point to in its effectiveness - Fire.

It's just that it has some unpleasent side effects most people tend to try and avoid, like death.

I'll be honest now, I;m in the UK and right now its only bad (relative to the rest of the UK that is) in London but its not going to stay this way forever and looking at the state Italy is in, if we really are 2 weeks behind them then god help us. Italy had 2x as many ICU beds as we do plus a smaller population overall (around 5 million less people) and they cannot cope. We're hearing reports of people in low risk catergories dying in Italy because they health care system simply cannot cope, no beds, no ventilators.

Honestly I'm scared.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I just though of something amazing (really stupid actually). Those 2 ply toilet paper rolls, just split them and you’ll have 2 rolls of 1ply TP.

At the same time I’m thinking those 2 ply isn’t really 2 ply but more like 2x 1/2 ply making it the same thickness as a 1 ply TP, but they still called it 2 ply because you can actually split them. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

I just though of something amazing (really stupid actually). Those 2 ply toilet paper rolls, just split them and you’ll have 2 rolls of 1ply TP.

At the same time I’m thinking those 2 ply isn’t really 2 ply but more like 2x 1/2 ply making it the same thickness as a 1 ply TP, but they still called it 2 ply because you can actually split them. 

🤔

You really must feel terribly bored! ^o^

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

🤔

You really must feel terribly bored! ^o^

My brain is extremely busy. 🤪

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Sorry for Dp anyway. Official guideline from NYC, saying the safest way to pleasure oneself is to start fapping. 

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-sex-guidance.pdf

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Hello All,

Im a Respiratory Therapy student in the United States. Being that COVID is an inhaled droplet virus and can cause restrictive lung disease such as pneumonia i figured i would chime in here.

We are seeing that mechanical ventilation with standard Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome treatments such as anti inflammatory and corticosteroids are the only thing really helping COVID patients. With that said we are having ventilator shortages already. My brother is a nurse and they just used the last ventilator last night.  The U.S. gov only has a couple thousand on reserve. 

Now there is an ability of healthcare workers to hook up two patients to one ventilator. But that comes with its own complications. Example, two patients would be breathing in the same air at once, thus could result in even further infection of the bronchi or tracheal bronchial tree. The process of hooking up two patients at once is complex because every patient is different and requires different tidal volumes, positive expiratory end pressures and ideal body weights. 

All or most nebulized treatments for COVID patients are banned at most hospitals. COVID is already a droplet virus. As most know nebulizers have a liquid suspension that must be inhaled and most patients typically do not inhale the full breathe and much of that medicine goes into the air, thus the patient could suspend COVID droplets into the air. 

I want to address the mask shortage going on here at hospitals in the United States. Unless you have a SEALED mask such as a respirator, the typical mask that I see people walking around with will not help. It could help reduce the risk sure, but this is a droplet virus that could sneak into the crevices of the mask between your skin and the mask. The only people in my opinion that should be wearing masks are the IMMUNOCOMPROMISED patients who need to go to the store, the elderly and of course health care practitioners. There is a reason that healthcare practitioners are not walking into COVID patients rooms with a simple mask!!! However, we need the normal masks for other patients who have other issues. STOP HOARDING MASKS FOLKS!

To stop the spread and prevent further medical shortages...PLEASE STAY HOME!!!!!