PS5 Controller First Look - PS Blog

sof006

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/07/introducing-dualsense-the-new-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

From Source:

We’ve reached an exciting milestone with PlayStation 5, as we’re starting to ship our new controller in its final design to developers who are implementing its unique features into their games. But first, we wanted everyone in the PlayStation community to get a first look at the DualSense™ wireless controller, and hear our vision for how the new controller will captivate more of your senses as you interact with the virtual worlds in PS5 games. The features of DualSense, along with PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, will deliver a new feeling of immersion to players.

DualSense for PS5

Whats everyone opinions? Looks more friendly on the hands for sure, the current PS4 controller can hurt after prolonged use.

EDIT: Looks like it might be using Type - C (not mentioned in blog) but image here looks like it is?

DualSense for PS5

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

3 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Whats everyone opinions? 

My opinion is they're all fake until they reveal the console with the controller. Remember the Banana shaped PS3 controller rumors? This looks like the PS4 and XB1 controllers had a baby (just a concept or a render by someone). 

Wait the source is the Playstation Blog? Interesting.....

New opinion:

Spoiler

I fucking hate it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

My opinion is they're all fake until they reveal the console with the controller. Remember the Banana shaped PS3 controller rumors? This looks like the PS4 and XB1 controllers had a baby (just a concept). 

Nah this defintely looks legit, not something wild looking like the PS3 controller. I could see myself using this controller.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Looks a bit tacky. Maybe it'll look better in pure black.

Looks like they're taking a page out of Microsoft's book because their controllers are about as ergonomic and comfortable to hold as possible. Looks really similar in shape and design. I honestly prefer a more homogenized experience regarding controllers because I hate the differences in feel from going between the Xbox and PS, just makes getting used to the layout that much more difficult.

I mean...... It looks big. And no wild edges on it. 🤣

Look, at least they are using USB-C now. 

I like the controller. The PS2 and PS3 controllers use to be my favorite now they just make my hands cramp. If this is more erognomic and stands up better, I may switching controllers all together. Time will tell. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I like it aesthetically, but my issues with the playstation controllers will never really be solved. I don't like the symmetrical analog stick placement on them.

Haptic feedback is cool, much better than the archaic weighted motors for rumble that cause me to instantly turn off any rumble feature. Not sure on the trigger feedback. I would probably leave it off myself.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just now, vetali said:

I like it aesthetically, but my issues with the playstation controllers will never really be solved. I don't like the symmetrical analog stick placement on them.

Haptic feedback is cool, much better than the archaic weighted motors for rumble that cause me to instantly turn off any rumble feature. Not sure on the trigger feedback. I would probably leave it off myself.

I don't really mind but I can see it being an issue. Differ strokes for different folks. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I don't like the black/white theme in the picture, but I think I can live with the solid black option. Looks weird at first but we'll all get used to it eventually. The playstation button between the sticks I'm not really happy with. I think I prefer the old circular button with the logo instead of a logo-shaped button like on the PS2's drive.

Edit: On a second look the missing circular glossy black 'background' on the DS4 throws me off. The different spacing between d-pad and the action buttons is bothering me a bit.

The second gen XBOX One Controller is in first place for me (only let down by the incredibly bright XBOX button!), followed by the XBOX 360, then... basically that's it.

PlayStation controllers are way too small to even hold, plus it feels like I'm dislocating my thumbs to use the joysticks!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

My opinion is they're all fake until they reveal the console with the controller. Remember the Banana shaped PS3 controller rumors? This looks like the PS4 and XB1 controllers had a baby (just a concept or a render by someone). 

Wait the source is the Playstation Blog? Interesting.....

New opinion:

Hide contents

I fucking hate it

"We admit it, everyone else's controller is better than ours, so we will copy theirs.... but must make it "Playstation cramp in 5 mins" compatible". ;)

7 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

The second gen XBOX One Controller is in first place for me (only let down by the incredibly bright XBOX button!), followed by the XBOX 360, then... basically that's it.

PlayStation controllers are way too small to even hold, plus it feels like I'm dislocating my thumbs to use the joysticks!

I kinda agree, but the Xbos One broke down to much. The Nintendo Pro controller has all it's benefits plus robust build quality.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I fucking hate it

sony when people don't like the new controler:

thb there are worst ones:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=worlds+worst+controler&atb=v190-1&iax=images&ia=images

don't remind me...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

frankly i just want a new steam controller

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It just looks like a reskinned PS4 controller.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

6 hours ago, sof006 said:

Whats everyone opinions?

I think it's just as shit as all the previous ones. L1, L2, R1 and R2 should be on the back of the controller, not on the top; it's a HORRIBLY unnatural way of holding a controller and my hands start to hurt in just a few minutes!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I really like the look of the new controller but opinion means nothing until we can get our hands on them and actually use them, thats when the grades that matter will come in

7 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Looks like a Google Stadia controller lmao

it does tho. lets hope it isn't reliant on game streaming tho

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

8 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

it does tho. lets hope it isn't reliant on game streaming tho

It isn't, Sony has previously stated they still put more resources on first-party single player games in PS5 instead of cloud streaming

Now, if only that controller comes in black, with the colored button, and PS4 backward compatible...

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar