Unbelievable behavior by JayzTwoCents

WolfDeville

The dude is going nuts on Twitter... He made a tweet directed to Delta Airlines about being charged a changing fee for his flight and when people tried to help he started saying to people stuff like "can't you fucking read?", started banning people and calling them assholes. I can't believe he treats loyal fans like this especially when all they tried to do was help...

I'm really confused how in the 6+ years of being subscribed to this guy that's always kind, funny and playful in his videos he can so easily trash his fans on Twitter...

Should've included links to the tweets you were referring to so people didn't have to go digging through the garbage dump that is Twitter to find them...

image.png.aefb347b430985f2525d61d5e918755e.png

I've noticed quite a few rude comments directed towards fans from Jay on Twitter over the past few months so this doesn't surprise me. Last month he tweeted saying he was going to stop posting personal comments to twitter and only post updates about the channel and videos due to the negativity, but it doesn't seem like he's stuck to that.

My advice would be don't get caught up in twitter drama. If you don't like his comments then just unfollow him on Twitter and move on. Not worth the time or effort getting involved in such petty problems.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I don't follow anyone on twitter (actually two but I haven't logged in for a very long time) and I only see twitter posts when they are screenshots on forums like this. For most of the information am interested in from public figures,  a tweet is not big enough by any stretch to be adequate.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Out of character behavior, irritability, outbursts of extreme anger.  I hope he’s OK.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

<snipping is good for the environment>

Honestly I avoided posting screenshots because it sorta felt like I would be attacking him in a way. Yeah I already unfollowed him on everything and even blocked him on Twitter. I really don't know why this bothered me so much, maybe because I've been following him for a long time and held him to a higher standard :/

Edited by SansVarnic
snipped long quote

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Out of character behavior, irritability, outbursts of extreme anger.  I hope he’s OK.

According to @Spotty it's been going on for months, but he seems completely normal in his videos. Whether or not he's dealing with personal issues it's no excuse to lash out at fans like this, once or twice can be excused depending on the severity of his harsh comments and if he is indeed going through troubles. But even with personal issues surely you'd realise after a few mean tweets that you're in the wrong and would make an apology.

Why doesn't Jay just ring them and ask instead of tweeting?

1 minute ago, WolfDeville said:

According to @Spotty it's been going on for months, but he seems completely normal in his videos. Whether or not he's dealing with personal issues it's no excuse to lash out at fans like this, once or twice can be excused depending on the severity of his harsh comments and if he is indeed going through troubles. But even with personal issues surely you'd realise after a few mean tweets that you're in the wrong and would make an apology.

Celebrity may be getting to him.  He is sounding like something of a diva.  It’s taken down others in the past.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Someone asked that and he went off at them too lol. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like ".... you seriously don't think I've already tried that?" Pretty sure he threw the F word somewhere in there too but I can't be sure. I'd have to unblock him to find out.

I certainly don't know the guy, but this surprises me. My guess is he's got something personal going on. I know I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I recommend just leaving him alone. I seriously doubt this is actually about Delta.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Actually, it's very much in character for him. He has had outburst like that a few times in the past toward his fans.

Even recently where he showed his game room on twitter before the video and some made comments on the color choice and what not. Unless you make it very clear that you're praising or agreeing with him, he'll straight up shit on you. But even there, I've seen a few comments saying how nice it looked and he still shat on them, because no one but him can like it, obviously.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Idk guess his ego is getting the better of him. Especially in the first tweet. This screams I don't care if I shit on my fans because I have enough to not care.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

You'll find issues will be resolved a lot faster (and easier) via social media than calling the company. Once I had to do something for my upcoming flight, with Air France and after getting nowhere via calling (by holding for about 2 hours and the rep basically telling me "I can't be bothered"), I DMed KLM on messenger and it was sorted in about 3 hours. Although 3 hours may sound long, remember that you can continue on with your day instead of just sitting there, waiting for them to stop putting you on hold. 

You may be thinking "why did you DM KLM instead of AF?" and the answer is simple. KLM and Air France is effectively one company, and KLM's CS is about 100000000000 times better than AF's so might as well deal with the nicer company.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Hey there. Gonna play Devil's Advocate-y here. Let me preface by saying I don't condone rude behavior, but I also don't agree with the creation of this thread -- what is essentially bad-mouthing someone behind their back. If you believe Jay's behavior has changed over the 6 years you've been subscribed to him, and if you believe this change of behavior is a dire issue, I'd suggest politely bringing it to his attention. If he doesn't respond well to polite and reasonable criticisms, then the fault is ultimately on his end.

• "Unbelievable Behavior"? Mm, people can be nasty and toxic, especially on social media.
  • Jay already has a disclaimer on his Twitter that specifically states he "argue(s) with trolls and make(s) stupid comments," along with "IDC anymore". To me, that tells me I shouldn't take things too seriously from his Twitter.
Spoiler

JTCTwitter.png.b549a2ff31f3550169dcaebe71cceb0f.png

• Airlines are a right mess right now thanks to the mass panic over COVID-19, and customer support can't keep up with the horde of demands expected of them (I have corroborating accounts from my roommate). If Jay felt stressed out over this, he might've taken it out on comments that he felt weren't helpful or sympathetic to his plight.
12 hours ago, WolfDeville said:

I'm really confused how in the 6+ years of being subscribed to this guy that's always kind, funny and playful in his videos...

10 hours ago, WolfDeville said:

I've been following him for a long time and held him to a higher standard :/

• I hope I don't sound dismissive, but how well do you believe you know Jay just from watching his videos or reading his Twitter feed? Have you worked alongside Jay before, or do you know him personally in some other way? An actor can be one personality in front of the camera, and do a complete 180 while off the set. Also, placing expectations on someone whom I assume you personally haven't met or interacted with before seems a little overbearing, in my opinion.

Yeah I already unfollowed him on everything and even blocked him on Twitter.

• I suppose I can agree with this. If you don't like the content of his YouTube or Twitter, rather than pushing forth demands on Jay like an entitled fan, the one thing you can do is ignore his content.

End Notes

I don't agree with nasty, toxic behavior, but I also don't think this thread is particularly healthy. Again, if you have an issue with Jay, please bring it to his attention, instead of posting on the forums of a friendly rival. (InB4 the LTT community gets attacked by Jay. 😅) Also, can I draw your attention towards the "An Artist and His Work..." thread by @Cora_Lie? The discussion there is about whether an artist can be separated from his or her work, such as if you like Jay's YouTube content but dislike his personality, and whether you/the viewer might have trouble seeing past his behavior to enjoy his content.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

11 hours ago, WolfDeville said:

I'm really confused how in the 6+ years of being subscribed to this guy that's always kind, funny and playful in his videos he can so easily trash his fans on Twitter...

The Jay on youtube is not the same as the Jay on twitter.

47 minutes ago, Eschew said:

-Snip-

I made the thread as a way to vent my disbelief that such a prominent figure in the PC community with a hefty following can so easily shit on loyal fans. This isn't a change of behavior, I've just never really been on Twitter to see his harshness before yesterday, so good guy YouTube Jay is all I've known.

No one was trolling him, people were offering advice and he spat in their faces, when they asked why he's being mean he went nuts and started swearing at and banning people.

No I've never met Jay, I don't claim to know him personally but I also think there shouldn't be an expectation to think some computer nerd YouTuber is just playing a role in some huge act and only pretending to be nice just for the sake of appearing professional.

I honestly left a comment asking why he's being so rude and toxic but after seeing other people asked him the same question and get absolutely shit on by him, I didn't bother waiting for a reply and just blocked him.

Yeah, I usually am able to separate the artist from the art (I'm still a fan of Kevin Spacey's WORK and Danny Masterson for example), but we're talking about a tech YouTube channel here, not some multi-million dollar feature film.

Again, I did not make this thread as a way to cowardly talk behind anyone's back or shame people (which is why I avoided posting screenshots). I made it for the sole purpose of venting.

Someone asked that and he went off at them too lol. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like ".... you seriously don't think I've already tried that?" Pretty sure he threw the F word somewhere in there too but I can't be sure. I'd have to unblock him to find out.

There really is no excuse to treat so many fans like this. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

There really is no excuse to treat so many fans like this. 

Yeah it's honestly disgusting. If it were trolls or whatever then sure, but not the people that watch your content and keep your channel going.

51 minutes ago, WolfDeville said:

I made it for the sole purpose of venting.

So... You created a persona in your mind about a youtuber and you discover through another social media that the constructed persona wasn't real. You felt deceived and needed to express yourself on the subject.

Do you think that doing so on a public forum belonging to a friendly rival is really the thing to do? Personally, I'm not so sure...

What you could have done is send him an e-mail, and vote with your subscription. YOu chose the name and shame (even if you didn't post screenshots, they are easy to find for those with or without Twitter).

Not criticizing, just saying.

Personnaly I don't really care. Never had any expectation from any of them. It's Youtube for crying out loud! ^o^

The guy's a fucking prick. 

Always said he was a self-entitled arrogant cunt. 

No different to how he speaks to anyone who disagrees with him, just more plain language this time. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

OP, Jay has zero obligation to be nice to his fans or the general public. I don't recall sitting at a table signing a contract with his lawyer that said he had to be nice to me as a fan. As for something being wrong on the homefront that may be causing this behavior at present, that is not for me or anyone else to know besides those who are closest to Jay. I see this thread as harassment and you as just another cyberbully desperate for attention. Why don't you send all of the comments you've made directly to him? Isn't that the attention you want?

34 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

So... You created a persona in your mind about a youtuber and you discover through another social media that the constructed persona wasn't real. You felt deceived and needed to express yourself on the subject.

Do you think that doing so on a public forum belonging to a friendly rival is really the thing to do? Personally, I'm not so sure...

What you could have done is send him an e-mail, and vote with your subscription. YOu chose the name and shame (even if you didn't post screenshots, they are easy to find for those with or without Twitter).

Not criticizing, just saying.

Personnaly I don't really care. Never had any expectation from any of them. It's Youtube for crying out loud! ^o^

I didn't create anything in my mind. Sue me for not considering a tech YouTuber to be a professional actor.... I'm not naming and shaming anyone, he abused people on a public forum for the whole world to see shall they happen to come across it. He shamed himself.

What does it matter that I came here of all places to express my concern? Why does it matter that he's a "rival" of Linus? Are you thinking I'm playing favorites or something lol?

3 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

OP, Jay has zero obligation to be nice to his fans or the general public. I don't recall sitting at a table signing a contract with his lawyer that said he had to be nice to me as a fan. As for something being wrong on the homefront that may be causing this behavior at present, that is not for me or anyone else to know besides those who are closest to Jay. I see this thread as harassment and you as just another cyberbully desperate for attention. Why don't you send all of the comments you've made directly to him? Isn't that the attention you want?

I never said or implied that he or any public figure have an obligation to be kind to their followers, but when you've only ever seen them in a positive light and then see how they treat the people that make their job possible with such atrocious levels of disrespect it makes you feel like you've been deceived all these years. If I seen him acting this way years ago I would've just unsubbed and moved on, instead I've given countless hours of ad revenue to someone that honestly didn't even deserve it IMO.

It could have easily been you tweeting at him and offering a piece of friendly advice and being shit on in return. If that were the case you'd be singing a whole other tune...

2 minutes ago, WolfDeville said:

I never said or implied that he or any public figure have an obligation to be kind to their followers, but when you've only ever seen them in a positive light and then see how they treat the people that make their job possible with such atrocious levels of disrespect it makes you feel like you've been deceived all these years. If I seen him acting this way years ago I would've just unsubbed and moved on, instead I've given countless hours of ad revenue to someone that honestly didn't even deserve it IMO.

It could have easily been you tweeting at him and offering a piece of friendly advice and being shit on in return. If that were the case you'd be singing a whole other tune...

So you are judging based on what little information he has provided the public and taking a few comments he has made on Twitter and elsewhere as personal attacks? You weren't deceived or anything like that, you weren't betrayed or anything like that. Rather than brushing this off, as is standard human behavior, you decided to vent a very personal frustration about a man you have never met or talked to. I think you are bullying a man that doesn't deserve it. Saying that he shouldn't earn money for doing his job is also very harsh and an undeserved comment. You also do not know me, so don't assume what actions I will take when someone shits on me.