Unbelievable behavior by JayzTwoCents

WolfDeville
2 hours ago, WolfDeville said:

I honestly left a comment asking why he's being so rude and toxic but after seeing other people asked him the same question and get absolutely shit on by him, I didn't bother waiting for a reply and just blocked him.

Again, I did not make this thread as a way to cowardly talk behind anyone's back or shame people. I made it for the sole purpose of venting.

44 minutes ago, WolfDeville said:

What does it matter that I came here of all places to express my concern? Why does it matter that he's a "rival" of Linus? Are you thinking I'm playing favorites or something lol?

Mm. I'll liken this to an analogy: a child calls his classmate vile names, and a teacher scolds the child for his behavior, then abandons the child and ignores him. Later, during lunch, the teacher criticizes the unruly child's behavior in front of other teachers. In the end, nothing is resolved, and the child hasn't learned his lesson. Venting is fine, but better reserved for status updates or private messages instead of a full thread, I think.

Also, the issue isn't that Jay and Linus are friendly rivals, it's your criticism of Jay on a platform that he doesn't frequent often. You want Jay to rectify his rude behavior, but refuse to confront him directly.

32 minutes ago, WolfDeville said:

...when you've only ever seen them in a positive light and then see how they treat the people that make their job possible with such atrocious levels of disrespect it makes you feel like you've been deceived all these years.

It could have easily been you tweeting at him and offering a piece of friendly advice and being shit on in return. If that were the case you'd be singing a whole other tune...

...when you've only ever seen them in a positive light

It could have...been you

1. I suggest being cautious before making assumptions about other people, especially people you've met over the Internet and have never interacted with before.
  2. "It could have," yes, but it was not. It appears you're making a lot of assumptions about people's characters and Internet habits.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

The man is just speaking the local lingo ..its Twitter ffs :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Making other people aware of his behaviour is not a bad thing, it's not like it wasn't something public anyway.

It's not a bad thing, no, to make awareness of other people's behavior, but OP is doing it in a non-constructive manner that I would consider cyberbullying. Besides, we, the public, have earned no right to judge his behavior, that's reserved for his family or friends.

I think that this topic should be locked for harassment/bullying of an individual, especially since this individual is not participating in this discussion and/or is unaware of it's existence.

16 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

So you are judging based on what little information he has provided the public and taking a few comments he has made on Twitter and elsewhere as personal attacks? You weren't deceived or anything like that, you weren't betrayed or anything like that. Rather than brushing this off, as is standard human behavior, you decided to vent a very personal frustration about a man you have never met or talked to. I think you are bullying a man that doesn't deserve it. Saying that he shouldn't earn money for doing his job is also very harsh and an undeserved comment. You also do not know me, so don't assume what actions I will take when someone shits on me.

So thinking a certain way about someone based off their actions is irrational? Take a look around... multiple people have said already that this has been going on for a while, it's really not out of line to think "this guy is acting like a jerk, maybe he's just a jerk". I see horrible toxicity on the internet every single day as I'm sure everyone else around here has, and seriously 99.99% of the time glance at it and just move on, it doesn't even affect me.

Yeah fair enough, of course he should be getting paid for the work he's doing, the thing is his work is nothing without followers. Do you think if he'd be making money and buying fancy cars, a new house and a new studio if he had 10 subscribers and 500 views on each video? No, I don't know you and you certainly don't know me.

"You also do not know me, so don't assume what actions I will take when someone shits on me." So you're telling me, if someone you followed on (be it on youtube, twitter whatever) you wouldn't feel disrespected and unfollow them?

3 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

I think that this topic should be locked for harassment/bullying of an individual, especially since this individual is not participating in this discussion and/or is unaware of it's existence.

Yet.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Jesus Christ lol...

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

This guy has always done this but his fans always "raid" threads where his behaviour is exposed either by posting troll comments to get it locked or by reporting it as "hate speech". It's one of the most toxic fanbases amongst pewdiepie's, logan paul's etc all of the big youtubers fanbases act this way because they believe they'll be noticed by the guy at some point.

Oh and have you noticed how his channel mods delete any and all comments that criticise his videos for being bad quality/click baiting? simply go to any of his videos and see how all of the comments are nice with tons of likes.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous stuff. I seriously (naively) didn't think something like this would be going on with a tech channel.

I can't say I've noticed. I haven't paid much attention to the comments but I wouldn't put it past him at this point. I mean I can see why the nice comments would be more favored but deleting criticism (provided it's constructive) is so scummy.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

This guy has always done this but his fans always "raid" threads where his behaviour is exposed either by posting troll comments to get it locked or by reporting it as "hate speech". It's one of the most toxic fanbases amongst pewdiepie's, logan paul's etc all of the big youtubers fanbases act this way because they believe they'll be noticed by the guy at some point.

Oh and have you noticed how his channel mods delete any and all comments that criticise his videos for being bad quality/click baiting? simply go to any of his videos and see how all of the comments are nice with tons of likes.

I'm not raiding and I don't think that anyone else is, at least in my circle, either. Freedom of speech is a good thing, but not hate speech like what others are doing. I barely watch the guys videos, I'm just supporting the idea that Jay either needs to be involved in this conversation like he is on Twitter or this conversation needs to not exist at all. Personally, I don't think it should exist at all since we aren't authorized to judge anothers behavior without knowing them personally. I do understand your point, though, and I think it's because there is no reason to even have hate speech on his videos or other content. His mods are very strict and I support that. There's a difference between constructive criticism and cyberbullying. His mods target the harassers. Does it go overboard? Possibly, but me and you aren't looking at the numbers, so we can't judge what is too much.

Wow, what the heck.

So posting about relatively famous internet person's very rude tweets, which are public in the first place is a cyberbullying? No wonder todays society is a bunch of pussies.

So it is okay for famous person to say "fuck you" online, but it is not okay for "nobodies" to discuss said actions? Way to go fanbois.

I personally never used and never will use twitter, I do not have any reason to and I obviously do not know Jay personally.

Of course youtube videos are basically acting in one way or another, which by itself does not lower their value, but if it was not for this thread, I would not know how Jay reacts to people elsewhere and while it still does not lower the value of his videos themselves, it definitely changed my view of him to the point, that I probably won't watch his other videos. It's one thing to have internet persona different to your own personality itself and to just straight cursing at other people online for no reason.

To me that is a decently big of a deal. 

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Yet this jay dude calls everyone else morons, assholes and retards without even knowing them lol

Yeah, that's fair. But they aren't actually making a good first impression either.

1 hour ago, FakeCIA said:

It's not a bad thing, no, to make awareness of other people's behavior, but OP is doing it in a non-constructive manner that I would consider cyberbullying. Besides, we, the public, have earned no right to judge his behavior, that's reserved for his family or friends.

Are you serious?

If someone goes around and insults people in a public space, other people have every right to criticize or even ostracize them for their behavior. That is how societies work. This isn't cyberbullying - no one's attacking someone for their ethnicity, religion, gender or beliefs - this is defending people who are being attacked and telling the attacker that they're in the wrong.

Les villageois en colère lors de la marche

It can't really be said that I'm the "fan" of anyone...

And I'm absolutely entitled to think that this is not "appropriate" behavior.

You are free to disagree, but I'd think that most of you being millenials (or younger) you should be able to make the difference between real life and social media... It seems I was wrong! ^o^  And that is worrying in more ways than one...

🤦‍♀️

1 minute ago, Yeroh said:

Are you serious?

If someone goes around and insults people in a public space, other people have every right to criticize or even ostracize them for their behavior. That is how societies work. This isn't cyberbullying - no one's attacking someone for their ethnicity, religion, gender or beliefs - this is defending people who are being attacked and telling the attacker that they're in the wrong.

He may be in the wrong or right, I wouldn't know. I don't know enough about him to know if this a character he puts out like a comedian or even if he is an asshole. He may be the nicest guy ever or the nastiest guy ever, I still don't get to judge him because I don't know him. If he yelled at me to my face directly, then I may have a different reaction, but this is Twitter. When someone says something nasty to you, you brush it off because they can't actually hurt you. This goes for all sides. If he calls me a bitch, who cares? I certainly don't. If you get offended by something he says to a fan on Twitter, you are taking things way too seriously.

I'll just add one last thing and then I'll leave this thread as it's really not constructive in any way imo.

You don't like a youtuber? You feel aggrieved by his/her attitude?

You send him/her an e-mail, you clearly state what you feel agrieved about and then you unsubscribe from his/her channel, block on twitter (I'm not on Twitter so don't know how you do that there), unfriend and block from Facebook, etc.

That way you've stated how you feel and why you feel like that and you've "punished" in the most effective way. And if enough people act like that tht  person in question will feel the "unhappiness" of his viewers and maybe, that will drive him or her to change his or her behavior.

At least, that's how I do things.

Just saying.

22 hours ago, WolfDeville said:

According to @Spotty it's been going on for months, but he seems completely normal in his videos. 

15 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Actually, it's very much in character for him. (...)

^This. I mean, I never use Twitter so I wouldn't know about it specifically, but he has even addressed it in videos. Mostly in the streams he used to do with Barnacules, I think, where they would discuss having an instant F U attitude towards people they don't know making (certain kind of, I suppose) remarks to them.

I also seem to remember both of them dealt with repetitive negative  comments, often unrelated to their content, in the past.

So, all in all, I wouldn't say a "zero tolerance in online interactions" attitude is out of character or new, as it's something he has acknowledged and taken pride in in the past.

Trust me, even people who have job titles specifying customer support or hospitality have bad days.  BELIEVE ME...I've been doing it for 15+ years >_>

18 hours ago, Yeroh said:

Are you serious?

I think he's just friends with Jay2cents.  Or maybe it's him.  Who knows.

Best to just block him and move on.  People like that can't be reasoned with because in their eyes, they're perfect and everyone else is wrong.  So let them keep thinking that.

18 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

He may be in the wrong or right, I wouldn't know. I don't know enough about him to know if this a character he puts out like a comedian or even if he is an asshole. He may be the nicest guy ever or the nastiest guy ever, I still don't get to judge him because I don't know him. If he yelled at me to my face directly, then I may have a different reaction, but this is Twitter. When someone says something nasty to you, you brush it off because they can't actually hurt you. This goes for all sides. If he calls me a bitch, who cares? I certainly don't. If you get offended by something he says to a fan on Twitter, you are taking things way too seriously.

so people shouldn't be held accountable for what they say? theres lots of people who spread rumors and misinformation about my girlfriend and im not just going to ignore them im going to expose that they have no evidence for what they say and shut them down because if they are allowed to continue and spread then it would hurt her since people act on what they hear also

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

theres lots of people who spread rumors and misinformation about my girlfriend

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you guys are doing alright.

3 minutes ago, WolfDeville said:

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you guys are doing alright.

i ask them what evidence do you have and every time they either say its just obvious or i heard it from some other people *facepalm*

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i ask them what evidence do you have and every time they either say its just obvious or i heard it from some other people *facepalm*

If they don't have any definitive proof then they're most likely just trying to cause trouble just because they're bored with their lives.

Person in videos isnt the person he is in real life. We dont know anything about any of the personalities on YouTube. People need to distance their views on people on the internet(this doesnt excuse any behavior or just being mean but you can be different on twitter and on Youtube). He is most likely a very nice person in real life but blowing up about tweets is kinda silly. Twitter is one of my most hated forms of communication. I dont know the guy personally nor do I keep track of too many of his videos but I always assume people on Youtube is a personality for the camera. I do not believe many Tubers are the same on camera as they are in real life.