corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Someone makes good money on this. The virus is weak and it's curable. I don't deny the fact that it's contagious, I had to work from home for safety. There may have been an outbreak and it was quickly spread to all countries, but since the virus is weak, it won't last.

2 hours ago, Daniel-J said:

Someone makes good money on this. The virus is weak and it's curable. I don't deny the fact that it's contagious, I had to work from home for safety. There may have been an outbreak and it was quickly spread to all countries, but since the virus is weak, it won't last.

I'm at a loss of words...

32 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Beijing had to reopen some isolation hospitals because there were more and more cases from international patients.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

27 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

oof. 2021 might be slow for movies and media ,_,

(that's already above production house clientele engagement slowdown for 2020)

The Ironic thing is, as i've mentioned previously, its not the Virus itself that is going to hit the hardest, but the financial, social, and political turmoil, caused by the panic and over reaction to it, that will.

Its one those those instances where those like myself who say this really don't want to be saying 'i told you so' at the end of it all.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Ok... I'm going to ask this here...

Anyone got some news from - blip - for the past 2 days?

Luxembourg, 19/03/20

305 cases and 4 deaths as of this morning.

Yes, I know it's way less many other countries and the growth is like the typical curve everywhere else.

People are scared.

My nearest mall is having a "containment access" to the shopping area, Went shopping early this morning and accessed the shop without any problem. When I finished and was at the cashier, I was alone and... I was surprised to see her in a hurry. When I asked what was the rush, she answered "The others are waiting!".

I was all "What others?" There is no one behind me waiting in line... And when I left I saw "the others" O_o

More than 40 people were waiting in line at the main entrance to be allowed to enter the mall.

Pastas, rice, dry food were all empty. They didn't know when they would get new deliveries.

16 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

The Ironic thing is, as i've mentioned previously, its not the Virus itself that is going to hit the hardest, but the financial, social, and political turmoil, caused by the panic and over reaction to it, that will.

Its one those those instances where those like myself who say this really don't want to be saying 'i told you so' at the end of it all.

There is no debate about the response to the virus being the main reason for its economic impact. Some of it is people's autonomous reactions, some of it is the containment measures. It's not like there is any side arguing otherwise.

Where it gets highly subjective is when you label said response as "overreaction", and there won't be any "told you so" moment for that: I can bet a few months from now you will still insist it was too much too soon, others will said it was adequate, and still others will say it was too little or too late.

It's amazing how much has changed in only a few weeks. This supermarket retail study shows just how much impact constant panic buying has had and how it's so bad the Australian Prime Minister has asked everyone to STOP HOARDING. But it seems that message is falling on deaf ears. I use my Google Review photos to show just how different the shopping experience is now Vs just a short time ago. What I see now is even the junk food and frozen food area is stripped out. It's near impossible to buy the basics and the retail chains have had to suspend both home delivery and click and collect services because of the reduced stock due to the mass panic buying. There is now an early morning time for pensioners to shop for one hour but often this leaves the supermarkets with little stock left for general shoppers. I see the same people taking more and more TP each day. How much do people need? This mass over purchasing is cause and effect of the empty shelves syndrome that's not going away. It's worth hearing what PM Scott Morrison is doing, the ABC news video sets up the direction Australia is taking. Scott Morrison press conference | ABC News https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vousU...

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Talk of closing schools up here (Quebec), up to September.

Work in one, might as well ask if I can bring my gaming laptop. Nothing to do. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I swear Youtubes alrorithm has gone sentient and developed a sense of humour because I just got recommended this...

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

30 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Talk of closing schools up here (Quebec), up to September.

Work in one, might as well ask if I can bring my gaming laptop. Nothing to do. 

I'm really hoping classes restart on the 27.

If schools stay closed until September, kids will essentially have to repeat a year, while college students and up will have to redo a semester... for which we got loans and shit for... Getting into debts but receiving nothing in return, that's great ain't it.

My college doesn't offer online courses, it's just... closed.🤦‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I was going to college here... I'm really hoping classes restart on the 27.

If schools stay closed until September, kids will essentially have to repeat a year, while college students and up will have to redo a semester... for which we got loans and shit for... Getting into debts but nothing is great.

My college doesn't offer online courses, it's just... closed.🤦‍♂️

I read that students in Alberta will be judged depending on their current grades.

https://www.ledevoir.com/societe/education/575139/les-ecoles-risquent-de-prolonger-leur-fermeture

More testing here, more cases.

Confirmed COVID-19 case counts jumped 33 percent in the latest report Wednesday, prompting public health officials to warn of a worsening trend in San Diego County.

Each confirmed case is the result of a positive COVID-19 test and, because tests are still in short supply, those with mild symptoms that might be a sign of novel coronavirus infection never get tested. Only those who are quite sick or were connected to foreign travel or another positive case have received tests so far, and that makes the numbers now reported every day a proxy for something much bigger.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/story/2020-03-18/with-20-new-cases-reported-in-one-day-the-worst-of-the-covid-19

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

It's amazing how much has changed in only a few weeks. This supermarket retail study shows just how much impact constant panic buying has had and how it's so bad the Australian Prime Minister has asked everyone to STOP HOARDING. But it seems that message is falling on deaf ears. I use my Google Review photos to show just how different the shopping experience is now Vs just a short time ago. What I see now is even the junk food and frozen food area is stripped out. It's near impossible to buy the basics and the retail chains have had to suspend both home delivery and click and collect services because of the reduced stock due to the mass panic buying. There is now an early morning time for pensioners to shop for one hour but often this leaves the supermarkets with little stock left for general shoppers. I see the same people taking more and more TP each day. How much do people need? This mass over purchasing is cause and effect of the empty shelves syndrome that's not going away. It's worth hearing what PM Scott Morrison is doing, the ABC news video sets up the direction Australia is taking. Scott Morrison press conference | ABC News https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vousU...

I don't get it, are they dumb? Asking to people isn't a solution, you need to impose limitations (in this case) for purchasable items 

Also again, how things are regulated, they will cause a collapse..

20 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Anyone who isn;t listing is being daft. That said 25% of cases being in the 19 to 50 range actually backs up the data from china, not the opposite. Ditto on the serious care and mortality figures. The younger generation aren't immune but they tend to get it less often, (more likely the majority of cases go undiagnosed in reality due to being low severity mistaken for a cold or flu), and they're significantly less likely to be seriously effected or die from it.

Wtf mall is packed with old people. 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Seeing as we suck when it's about deadline with construction projects, I guess it's fine?

Plus they'll be happy to use that as an excuse anyway (even if they don't close down major sites).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Seeing as we suck when it's about deadline with construction projects, I guess it's fine?

Plus they'll be happy to use that as an excuse anyway (even if they don't close down major sites).

I can see (risky comment) unions may demand wage compensation for lost work...the US has unemployment available for this type of thing but how to handle such large claims if that happens? oh boy.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I can see (risky comment) unions may demand wage compensation for lost work...the US has unemployment available for this type of thing but how to handle such large claims if that happens? oh boy.

We also do, but like you said, not sure how they would handle such large claims (I'm sure that industry won't be the only one to file claims like this!!)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

People who repeatedly want to ignore the seriousness of this because it might cause them an inconvenience either financially or temporarily with day to day supplies don't deserve any of the benefits of being in a community.   If you can't make sacrifices for the benefit of the community then you shouldn't be allowed to reap the benefits either.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

We also do, but like you said, not sure how they would handle such large claims (I'm sure that industry won't be the only one to file claims like this!!)

I guess I should count myself lucky right now, I have mine and my claim was filed right after I resigned from my job - just before Corona hit the news. (sigh) 

Then again it is going to be super hard to get work to get my business off the ground so trade off? bleh.

*edit

I'll just continue to focus on my studies to finish getting my certs and licenses. At least it is all online.

I have only had to leave the house only twice since this pandemic started.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER