corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Video game retailer GameStop (NYSE: GME) is trying a curious move to keep stores open during the coronavirus quarantines and lockdowns. If local authorities show up to close down a store location, the store's personnel should refuse because GameStop's outlets are "essential retail."

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/coronavirus-quarantine%3A-gamestop-claims-its-stores-are-essential-retail-2020-03-20

video games are life .

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

Error 403

Working fine for me.

Police make a bust in heist of 18,000 pounds of toilet paper

WHITSETT, N.C. (WTHR) — Deputies in Guilford County, North Carolina stumbled across a heist of 18,000 pounds of toilet paper.

The deputies spotted a semi make a traffic violation on Wednesday and decided to follow it.

When it got to a waehouse, deputies confronted the driver.

It turned out the semi had been stolen and inside was a load of commercial toilet paper.

The investigation is ongoing and there have been no arrests yet.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

WTF is it with people and toilet paper???

Is Covid19 giving people the runs ???

My guess is what K said in the first MIB ;

Spoiler

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.

19uc6t.jpg.020fdb8fd1172797f6f7affc2c4ff655.jpg

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I work in a college with medical programs, a lot of our equipment is being seized by health authorities for outside use.

RIP was nice knowin' you all.

25 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I think it started in Australia because they import their pulp from China. But over here it makes no sense.

It's currently $8-10 over here compared to $2 something. 

34 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

My guess is what K said in the first MIB ;

Reveal hidden contents

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.

19uc6t.jpg.020fdb8fd1172797f6f7affc2c4ff655.jpg

Toilet paper shortage is explainable:

one person coughs or sneezes, twenty others around it hearing it shit their pants.

21 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Luxembourg is getting a hospital from Italy by plane... 😂

[...]

That's a nice gesture. Must be useful to have a company like Cargolux with quite a few Boeing 747-8 cargo planes to get stuff in and out. Could be worth their weight in gold toilet paper.

Here in Austria our lockdown has now been extended to April 13th (the extension was expected, another one is also likely to happen). We are allowed to go out to do important shopping or even to take a walk while keeping a distance of at least 1m to anyone who is not living in the same household. Up until yesterday, police was mainly reprimanding people who didn't comply with the measures, but now they are issuing more and more fines. Those fines can amount to up to 3600 € by law, the head of the police department announced that in practice, fines will be situated in the lower third of that range (which is still quite a lot, obviously). A few people are not complying with the rules at the moment, let's see how that evolves. I expect that in the long run, after some point more and more people will not accept those conditions anymore.
It is quite interesting to see that, now that the lockdown is happening, people I know have an increased longing to do outdoor activities (increased compared to the pre-lockdown period). It seems that sometimes things have to be removed/restricted in order to be fully appreciated. 

You only need one roll.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I think it started in Australia because they import their pulp from China. But over here it makes no sense.

It's currently $8-10 over here compared to $2 something. 

But nowadays China has fully resumed production,then there should be no shortage of pulp.It's just explainable panic😄

27 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

That's a nice gesture. Must be useful to have a company like Cargolux with quite a few Boeing 747-8 cargo planes to get stuff in and out. Could be worth their weight in gold toilet paper.

Well... It's not for "free"... So "a nice gesture"? I don't know about that... The government will have to pay the bill, whether for CargoLux or the hospital. Ultimately that is paid with our taxes...

The thing I don't understand... If they had the hospital available in Italy, with 100 respirators, why didn't they use it in Italy? It's not as if they don't need it themselves...

Sure... We'll need it in Luxembourg, very soon. They already closed all the non-essential services, redirected the maternity service to the main hospital in Luxembourg citiy and are preparing the 4 hospitals of the country to receive the Covid-19 patients.

Yes, you've read it right. 1 (small) country (~620k inhabitants) and 4 hospitals (1,799 beds + 138 intensive care beds)

Intensive care beds have ventilators. The others don't.

I let you imagine the disaster when we are going to approach the peak in 2-3 weeks...

So... Frankly speaking, having a liberal government investing in an army hospital to support it's health care system? Yes, I'm all for it! ^o^

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Well... It's not for "free"... So "a nice gesture"? I don't know about that... The government will have to pay the bill, whether for CargoLux or the hospital. Ultimately that is paid with our taxes...
[...]

Still nice, considering that money cannot buy things if they are not available. It reminds me of Austria recently having problems with Germany: Austria has ordered and paid for medical supplies, but Germany was reluctant to deliver them, citing some excuses. Finally, under pressure, they gave in and delivered the supplies.

21 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

As this wasn't answered by anyone, I'll do it. The answer is no. Vaccine should and would only be used those who don't have or have already been cured from the disease. The reason is that we don't want virus adapting so that vaccine is ineffective in future.

Also responding to couple other things that have been up in this thread.

First is lockdowns being forced in many countries and localities. The reason for these is not to prevent spread of disease. Because that isn't possible without working cure/vaccine. The reason is to make sure that each countries healthcare system is always ready and capable to deal with serious cases of COVID-19 and also any other case that needs attention. None of our countries wants to be where Italy currently is, with their healthcare system failing.

Second thing is about testing and why in some countries it has been halted for anything but notable symptoms. I don't know if the reasons are same across the world. But here the main reason is that testing capabilities are very limited. Doing testing requires secure lab conditions to prevent spreading and it takes full day for results (tests done in morning will get results at same evening). Ofc to outside this seems like disease isn't spreading or that governments are hiding things to avoid panic. If more testing kits and faster methods would be available, then testing for whole population and every person feeling some symptoms would start in full force again.

Now if you excuse me, I have some warnings to hand out.

So even if this is devolped, it should be sure that who will get it, is not affected from it 

And mostly likely most of us, will get it, since it spreads like nothing 

Also since now there are also cases from African countries, and maybe the hot weather cannot save our asses, but actually could do the opposite, since in devolped countries, people are usually amassed (and retards are unfortunately more common than telled), and the "good weather", the hot one, could incentivate them to gathering around, and spread it even more 

So yeah, we have it in the ass 

Edited by LogicalDrm

Normal Influenza cause more Death than Corona, by far. 

Its all about scaremongering. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

This just in, it took a Pandemic for Trudeau to close our border to future asylum seeking migrants coming from the US and entering illegally at the same time that we are closing the Canada-US border tonight. We're now sending them back to the US.

This is a temporary thing though. Nothing permanent.

They had said yesterday that we would take care of them regardless, but they changed their mind today I guess.

(The ones who do enter before the border closing can stay and will be put in isolation)

https://globalnews.ca/news/6707593/coronavirus-trudeau-says-irregular-migrants-will-be-turned-away-at-canada-us-border/

Not much more to say on this before entering the whole political realm... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, VegetableStu said:

now i'm curious: what about the area along CANUSA road? o_o

Huh... That.... Is dumb AF. 

Guess we need to build a wall. 😂

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Normal Influenza cause more Death than Corona, by far. 

Its all about scaremongering. 

It's only starting.

Just now, Andreas Lilja said:

It's only starting.

No doubt.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

This just in, it took a Pandemic for Trudeau to close our border to future asylum seeking migrants coming from the US and entering illegally at the same time that we are closing the Canada-US border tonight. We're now sending them back to the US.

Also took a few deaths and hundreds of cases.

If that's not negligence I don't know what is.

Doesn't take a 180 IQ to close the frigging border, or at least put people coming in on harsh quarantines.

I am a FL resident here, and FL will be in lock down soon because all these youngster dumbasses went to the beach during pandemic. Well, now you know who is going to spread through America. FL cases is over 500 with more than 10 deaths.

2 minutes ago, Way2Broke said:

I am a FL resident here, and FL will be in lock down soon because all these youngster dumbasses went to the beach during pandemic. Well, now you know who is going to spread through America. FL cases is over 500 with more than 10 deaths.

A challenger appears.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51956510