Old Zoey Quinn tweets contradict her allegations against deceased Alec Holowka

Delicieuxz

Don't know if many people here will have heard about this. Co-creator and developer of Night in the Woods and co-founder of the indie development studio Infinite Ammo, Alec Holowka, recently committed suicide after being ostracized in the industry days after accusations of abuse were made against him by Zoey Quinn, who is also a developer and who used to be in a relationship with Alec.

Night in the Woods studio cuts ties with designer after abuse allegations

Night in the Woods co-creator Alec Holowka has died

And after Alec's death, while Quinn's accusations still hadn't been verified, some other people who'd worked with Alec also heaped on accusations against him - not the right thing to do at that time, IMO.

However, after all of this, some information started appearing calling into question Zoey Quinn's credibility as well as motivations and intention.

And now, despite Zoey Quinn having disabled her Twitter account, someone with access to her old Twitter posts (maybe someone who works at Twitter?) has provided her tweets from periods when she claims abuse was happening that outright contradicts various of her claims. For just two examples, Zoey claimed that Alec locked her in his home and kept her isolated during a period when her twitter activity shows she was proliferously posting in gleeful spirit while going out to do things, and Zoey claimed she had to suddenly flee from Alec with help someone else to get her a plane ticket when her old tweets reveal that she was planning and discussing her flight in relaxed manner in tweets that she tagged Alec in, in friendly manner, since around 10 days in advance.

Alec Holowka’s private messages reveal Zoe Quinn’s abuse

Zoe Quinn’s allegations are falling apart

I think that a piece written by 19th century philosopher and poet, Friedrich Nietzsche, which Sid Alpha reads in his video, is very on-point in expressing what took place: Thus Spake Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzsche - 29. The Tarantulas.

It's a heavy topic and very unfortunate situation. And without a doubt, even if the accusations against Alec were all true (and it really seems that not all of them are), the mob condemnation and demonization of him and ostracization of him from his job and the industry, and further the nasty attacks on him after his death, were all not the right thing to do, and were toxic and sadistic. His death does not represent justice for the things he was accused of even if they were true. And the people who have doubled-down after his death on the hate and celebrated his death are without doubt even more morally depraved and vile than someone who does the things Alec has been accused of doing (some of which now appears to be false).

Sharing so people can be aware of, and hopefully not participate in, and maybe stop this toxic behaviour in the games industry or wherever else people are doing it.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Shes basically escalated to indirect murder. Somebody needs to prosecute her asap

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Shes basically escalated to indirect murder. Somebody needs to prosecute her asap

Let's not jump to conclusions.

If the allegations are true, he could've just Epstein'd himself, but if it's true the story is made up, then yeah, she needs to be held accountable.

Until then, there needs to be an investigation, for sure.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Oh the Zoey Quinn. That name resonates from GamerGate days. Is there anyone she didn't abuse? The last guy that broke down and spilled his guts sort of started the whole GamerGate fuckery and now she bullied a guy into death? Fuck. And everyone will yet again present her as this poor gurl victim. White knights, assemble!

Watch her release a new game and a follow up book and cash in on that poor guys death. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

19 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Let's not jump to conclusions.

If the allegations are true, he could've just Epstein'd himself, but if it's true the story is made up, then yeah, she needs to be held accountable.

Until then, there needs to be an investigation, for sure.

AFAIK there are audio clips of her saying she wants to year the guy down. There are also leaked messages from Alec where he is talking with someone and describes the situation in the reverse. Basically, he was stepping on glass to not get her to go apeshit on him.

I generally tend to think, if she were telling the truth, why not file a police report rather than waiting seven years and just dropping unproven allegations on twitter then probating her account so people won't see her, now leaked, tweets.

Lastly, why on earth did she not jump at someone to save her when she was at the convention and bragging about being surrounded by friends? Her whole story stinks and given she has a horrible track record of lying, stealing and deceiving, I don't think she deserves any credibility until she can provide definitive proof of anything. As it stands, her temper tantrum coat a man his job, his friends and his life. She has blood on her hands. Even Anita S. Is distancing herself from Quinn. 

23 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Oh the Zoey Quinn. That name resonates from GamerGate days. Is there anyone she didn't abuse? The last guy that broke down and spilled his guts sort of started the whole GamerGate fuckery and now she bullied a guy into death? Fuck. And everyone will yet again present her as this poor gurl victim. White knights, assemble!

Don't forget she scammed Kickstarter backers from 85,000 USD and used the funds to go on expensive vacations. She is a perpetual liar, abuser, third and murderer

I think it is established fact by now that she has no issue whatsoever to throw all morals or human deceny overboard in order to create attention or make money.

37 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Don't forget she scammed Kickstarter backers from 85,000 USD and used the funds to go on expensive vacations. She is a perpetual liar, abuser, third and murderer

She could be a politician at that rate

Could be slander, and at the worst manslaughter. You have to be a special kind of stupid to publicise this stuff about your personal life. 

Following statements kinda contradicts Zoey's fault theory.

https://www.pcgamer.com/night-in-the-woods-developer-alec-holowka-has-died/

Also The Post Millennial is not a source, lol. It's like a low-budget student Breitbart.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

ITT: To nobody's surprise, misogynist propaganda is being spread on an internet forum. 

We shouldn't rush to condemn anyone without a formal investigation actually taking place. Citing Friedrich Nietzsche doesn't give your argument any more validity. 

55 minutes ago, danomicar said:

misogynist propaganda is being spread on an internet forum. 

That's not even remotely close to being true.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

59 minutes ago, danomicar said:

ITT: To nobody's surprise, misogynist propaganda is being spread on an internet forum. 

We shouldn't rush to condemn anyone without a formal investigation actually taking place. Citing Friedrich Nietzsche doesn't give your argument any more validity. 

Ah yes, because getting on a proven liar on potentially having her hands dirty in a suicide is “misogynist propaganda”.

Guess what, if this shit isn’t true, I’m sorry that she wasn’t blamed for this, but I bet cash that she had a part in this.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ah yes, because getting on a proven liar on potentially having her hands dirty in a suicide is “misogynist propaganda”.

Dismissing domestic abuse accusations without a proper investigation, all because the accused was known for a good game, could potentially be viewed as misogynist propaganda.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 minutes ago, Suika said:

Dismissing domestic abuse accusations without a proper investigation, all because the accused was known for a good game

We're dismissing the accusations because the accuser is both known to be libelous/slanderous and because evidence (that's in the OP) has come out to contradict the accuser's claims.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, danomicar said:

We shouldn't rush to condemn anyone without a formal investigation actually taking place.

Yeah, come on guys!!!!

Clearly the better route here is to just outright bully someone and smear their name through shit until they kill themselves...

11 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Following statements kinda contradicts Zoey's fault theory.

https://www.pcgamer.com/night-in-the-woods-developer-alec-holowka-has-died/

Those statements are already posted in the OP. So is other testimony of people saying Alec was abusive towards them.

But where do you see any contradictory information in them? Not only does that information not address any of the specific things Zoey claimed that are apparently false, but the clear fact that Alec struggled with mental health issues is key a part of the understanding that Zoey targeted someone she knew was vulnerable and went after them in a senseless (and also truthless, it seems) way.

Further, if you're taking 'Alec had a history of mental and abusiveness problems' as confirmation bias that Zoey isn't to blame for something, then you have to do the same thing about Zoey's comments about herself, that she was raised by an abusive pathological-liar, that she wanted to take Alec down, and that she was out for vengeance, all according to the same measurement, and therefore conclude that Zoey is in-fact a vengeful person who was out for blood and who knows how to use lies as a weapon.

And from there, you can look at the specific things Zoey said which are now seemingly shown, by her own Twitter history, to be false, and realize that the things which she testified to about herself seem to be a driving force for Alec taking his life.

Also The Post Millennial is not a source, lol. It's like a low-budget student Breitbart.

I'm sure that any news source which runs afoul of a pre-determination you've made meets with the same label. Yet, that news source has contributed more relevant information to the topic than your own post. Attacking the messenger is a logical fallacy.

10 hours ago, danomicar said:

Where do you see that?

You remarkably fully contradict yourself in that statement. You first say we shouldn't rush to condemn anyone without a formal investigation, and then you chide the reference to a poem the lesson and warning of which is to watch out for people who are eager to and take pleasure in rushing to condemn people without there first being a substantiation of what is truth and justice.

So, in your view, is the first part of your statement in egregious error, or is it the second part of your statement which is in egregious error?

ITQ (in these quotes): Knee-jerk reactionists who've made-up their minds and passed judgment before even realizing what they're responding to.

Also ITQ: People who exemplify what Thus Spake Zarathustra - The Tarantulas, by Friedrich Nietzsche aptly warns against.

9 hours ago, Suika said:

Dismissing domestic abuse accusations without a proper investigation, all because the accused was known for a good game, could potentially be viewed as misogynist propaganda.

Nobody in this thread has dismissed all claims of domestic abuse. But it is simply being a sentient being to realize that the specific ones that are outright contradicted by Zoey's own posts from the periods when the alleged abuse was taking place appear to have a disingenuousness to them.

Oh, and I haven't played Night in the Woods and hadn't heard about it before hearing about the events leading to Alec's death. And I haven't even watched a review for it or looked at its review scores. So whether it's good or not has no bearing on the OP. Speaking of waiting for investigation before jumping to conclusions and making assertions...

By the way, the information from Zoey's past messages is information that arose as a result of investigation, and taking that information into consideration is a part of forming views based on evidence instead of bias - whereas refusing to consider that information and include it in the full picture of things is the opposite.

Mindlessly accusing others of misogyny as a dog-whistle, to intimidate people and to shield Zoey's claims from examination devalues the meaning of the term misogyny and is also a repeat of some of the same stuff that contributed to Alec's death. And if others of us were to act like those who've used the term so incorrectly, we'd call the accusation itself misandry, which would be just as ridiculous, but also just as valid.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Guess what, if this shit isn’t true, I’m sorry that she wasn’t blamed for this, but I bet cash that she had a part in this.

It can be put this way:

Zoey's own Twitter history and discussions with multiple people disproves multiple of her claimed justifications / excuses for targeting Alec, and her past messages with other people reveal that she was on a crusade to cause harm and to "take down" people who she felt she wanted "vengeance" against. If any of her post history that has revealed her claims and motives to be untrue are not her actual posts, Zoey could easily say she didn't make those posts, that her Twitter, Facebook, mobile phone, or whatever must have been hacked when all those different conversations with different people at different times took place and she just never mentioned it before, maybe including to any of the people those conversations were with. She hasn't.

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'm sure that any news source which runs afoul of a pre-determination you've made meets with the same label. Yet, that news source has contributed more relevant information to the topic than your own post. Attacking the messenger is a logical fallacy.

Attacking a messenger with an agenda is not a logical fallacy, no? If someone is going to be the messenger then they should be committed to telling the facts and facts only, not twist the story to fit the agenda.

1 hour ago, realpetertdm said:

Attacking a messenger with an agenda is not a logical fallacy, no? If someone is going to be the messenger then they should be committed to telling the facts and facts only, not twist the story to fit the agenda.

Zoe Quinn has a massive track record of lies, deception and borderline illegal or, at the very least, immoral behaviour. She has now escalated to cyberbullying so extreme, a man is dead. How exactly would you explain away her actions? Feminists left right and centre are disgusted by her actions. She needs to be prosecuted and jailed if you ask me or, at the very least, barred from using the internet for a while as she is a DANGER TO THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE