Is AM5 unstable?

Budget (including currency): 600(without gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: al games and school work

Other details: I was going to do an am4 build but was advised by a few to go for am5. I ran this past a popular youtuber that builds pc's. He advised against am5 due to instability issues, to stick to am4 or intel. Please note that my build will be for more than 5 years after which I will sell this pc and build a new one. What do you reckon? 

1 minute ago, remo233 said:

I ran this past a popular youtuber that builds pc's. He advised against am5 due to instability issues, to stick to am4 or intel.

Which YouTuber and when was that video made? 

AM5 is perfectly stable. Across my 4 friend I've built AM5 rigs for, the AM5 rig I use as a backup system, and the dozens of people on here who have used, none of them have complained about instability that wasn't deemed the software itself. If anything there's more complaints about Intel instability issues nowadays than AMD stability issues, though even this issue is still a bit overblown. 

Go AM5, odds are it's the better pick between the two. 

There were some early issues with long bootup times, etc, and instability in general with certain boards.

But these are all from the early AM5 motherboard reviews over TPU.

Things must have gotten much better by now... so yeah.

2 hours ago, remo233 said:

Other details: I was going to do an am4 build but was advised by a few to go for am5. I ran this past a popular youtuber that builds pc's. He advised against am5 due to instability issues, to stick to am4 or intel. Please note that my build will be for more than 5 years after which I will sell this pc and build a new one. What do you reckon? 

AM5 is perfectly stable. I have used my 7700x since September 2022 and not a single issue with it.

I plan on upgrading to the 9800X3D and I am not worried the slightest about stability issues or problems.

I have built over 50 AM5 PC's for friends and clients and they would report back to me if there were any issues or instability I would need to help or fix.

Not a single person has had any issues or stability problems so far 🙂

I read a lot more issues with Intel than AM5, thats for damn sure.

Remember that you will 99% of the time read negativity or people having issues. No one is actually making a post where they are happy about a product etc, they just play or use it without saying anything.

Go AM5, you'll like it a lot 🙂

1 hour ago, remo233 said:

I have a server with a 7950x running Windows Server 2019 that runs for a whole month until I restart it to apply monthly cumulative updates. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, Agall said:

I have a server with a 7950x running Windows Server 2019 that runs for a whole month until I restart it to apply monthly cumulative updates. 

Same. In 2023 I probably turned my PC off 10 times.  Its only a 7700x used for gaming though.

I think my AM5 system (that I built the week it was released) has been the most stable brand new platform I've built on yet. That was October 2022. I've since swapped the CPU and done 14 BIOS updates and still haven't had a show stopping problem (that wasn't a result of tinkering a little too hard with PBO)

What? I've been using my AM5 build with 7800X3D from day one and no issues. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

15 hours ago, remo233 said:

I ran this past a popular youtuber that builds pc's. He advised against am5 due to instability issues, to stick to am4 or intel.

That youtuber is going to become a lot less popular in a sec

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Thanks guys for reassuring me.