keyboard and mouse input on 2 different devices

ill try to explain this as best as possible, anyways, i need it so that I have my main device's keyboard and mouse control both the main device, and the 2nd device. However, the 2nd device's keyboard and mouse only control itself. How could I do this? both devices run windows 10

my mouse a g pro wireless

my keyboard is a wired keyboard

You'll need to define a few terms here. Are the "devices" PC or something else? Does "control" mean just sending input from your keyboard and mouse from one to the other independently or do you want to control both simultaneously with synchronized input?

At its most basic, you can just use a software KVM like Multiplicity or Synergy. These allow you to control multiple PCs from one set of peripherals from a host PC. If you've got peripherals still plugged into the client PC, you can still use those inputs just as well. Or alternatively you can just use remote desktop software to control the client that way. Again, this all depends on what your actual use case is.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

2 hours ago, aren332 said:

ill try to explain this as best as possible, anyways, i need it so that I have my main device's keyboard and mouse control both the main device, and the 2nd device. However, the 2nd device's keyboard and mouse only control itself. How could I do this? both devices run windows 10

my mouse a g pro wireless

my keyboard is a wired keyboard

As @Avocado Diaboli said.
More details needed.

So for now I will just try to expand a bit on what Avocado said, with a bit of assuming :

If what you want is simply your 1st set of KB+M to be able to be used on 2nd PC when you need it to then it's either Software KVM, Hardware KVM, or a KB+M that can connect to two or more.

Example : My KB has a wired mode, wireless mode, and 3x bluetooth mode, so I connect the wire to my main desktop, the wireless to my laptop, 1 bluetooth to my phone, another bluetooth to my 2nd phone. Everytime I wanna switch, I press a hotkey on the keyboard.

image.png.f69b0163e95a610ea13cefcac2451466.png

Hardware KVM means you will need to press a switch on the KVM module everytime you want to switch where the KB+M connected to it outputs to.

It will require atleast 1 USB cables to be plugged to each PC.

The example below will be 3 cables that needs to be present (atleast if you want to use the "remote" dongle)

There is KVM that includes HDMI as well, which often used by people who only have 1 monitor.

image.png.383c64ba84969d34a53c6de515123161.png

Software KVM, never used it, but IIRC it requires the two PC to be in the same local network, that's how the software on each PC communicates.

You set 1 PC as the host (sender), and the other as the client (receiver)

Synergy

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.