SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated Announced by THQ Nordic!

PlayStation 2

This one's a bit of an odd thread, but bear with me. This actually looks like it'll be great.

Sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQBJj251d4

https://wccftech.com/thq-nordic-spongebob-squarepants-battle-for-bikini-bottom/

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/spongebob-squarepants-battle-for-bikini-bottom-rehydrated-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

https://www.destructoid.com/spongebob-squarepants-battle-for-bikini-bottom-getting-remastered-for-pc-and-consoles-556026.phtml

THQ Nordic announced today that the classic SpongeBob game Battle for Bikini Bottom will be getting a remaster for the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and (most notably) the PC!

Originally released in 2003, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom was a platformer based on the show that released for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube. Quoting straight from the video's description:

Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn't you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!

DC0QN.png

The description also hints at a new multiplayer mode. Which is, to say, this game might have online (or maybe even local) co-op play, which might be really cool if it's done right.

Now, admittedly, a lot of you won't care. It's a licensed platformer that came out in the 6th generation that, really, American kids who grew up with those consoles will end up remembering. But it's got quite a cult following, enough to the point where it's getting remade.

By the way, this game isn't being developed by Heavy Iron; it's being developed by Purple Lamp Studios.

THQ Nordic also has some more reveals of other games coming very soon, if you're interested in that.

Personally, I'm truly hyped for this and I hope it turns out to be true to the original game. It'll be very interesting, especially, to see how the PC version will turn out. What do you guys think?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

THQ Nordic announced today that the classic SpongeBob game Battle for Bikini Bottom will be getting a remaster for the PC!

Fuck. Yes. LETS GO

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What do you guys think?

I'm actually quite interested to see what it's like, I wonder how it will compare to the original game.

No!!! Creature of the Krusty Krab was more my thing!

But I have never actually played this one, might get it for Switch tbh.

EDIT: looking at gameplay for both of the games, Battle for Bikini bottom prooobably was the better game of the two and I am glad that one is getting a remake.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can't wait for Rtx Spongebob

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

LOUD, JARRING NOOOOOOOOISE

Oh wait wrong th thing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Apparently I'm a pleb because I haven't played the original even though I'm a yuuuge SpongeBob fan so I guess I'll play this one. Looks cool! 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

They have 2 MORE games to annoucne over the next 2 days AND they have MORE at E3. I am excited!!

One of my favorite games from the PS2, cautiously excited to see what this remake is going to be like and how good it will be compared to the original.

Inb4 Epic Exclusive for 12 months 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

[sees THQ Nordic]

Plot twist: EGS exclusive. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

14 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

-snip-

i heard the words sponge bob Battle for Bikini Bottom and PC together...

me irl rn: 

(it was inevitable this is would happen....)

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

Revenge of the Flying Dutchman remake when?

Can't wait to see the speedruns.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights remaster when?

Spongebob vs Crash Bandicoot, which will take the crown as the best meme game

All the very active speed runners for the previous game are about to break this game to shreds...and I'm here for it haha. I'll check it out. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.