can you ltt team start filming in 60fps 8k, and uploading in 8k 60fps

JohnDoeVolvo

hello i would like to request that all future content be shot and uploading in 8k 60fps .   as there is some content on youtube for 60fps 8k , I feel it would be a smart move as 8k tvs come to market. You will be gaining new subs and views from viewers who are seeking 8k footage when the tvs come to market.

you just upgraded your internet and servers so I don't think this should be a problem for the ltt group.

1 minute ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

new subs and views from viewers who are seeking 8k footage

Ah yes, the 3 people with 8k :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

you just upgraded your internet and servers so I don't think this should be a problem for the ltt group.

Do you know how hard it is to edit in 8k?

A bit excessive for anything other than some special content. Certainly would not help anyone with how long it would take to transcode 8k.

18 minutes ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

hello i would like to request that all future content be shot and uploading in 8k 60fps .   as there is some content on youtube for 60fps 8k , I feel it would be a smart move as 8k tvs come to market. You will be gaining new subs and views from viewers who are seeking 8k footage when the tvs come to market.

Um... while I don't disagree that recording at maximum quality would be beneficial, not just for viewers but for also editing, I'm gonna say this right now: there's no market for 8K, let alone 4K, right now. Yes, the technology exists, yes, some people can afford it, and yes, you technically can edit 8K footage, however the number of people with 8K displays, let alone 4K displays, and the lack of video cards that even support 8K or 4K properly all make it not worth the effort & costs to shoot & edit in 8K for the time being.

Additionally, while certain RED camera's do support shooting in native 8K at 60fps or 75fps, the quality leaves much to be desired if you're trying to recreate a natural film-look instead of an all digital look (subjective) as does the reliability & versatility of using a RED vs ARRI camera (objective) depending on the features & functionality you need. The film landscape is definitely changing as technology becomes more accessible, but we're still a long way off from native 8K content, as 4K content isn't even a standard thing yet.

https://www.cinema5d.com/red-vs-arri-the-fight-for-the-soul-of-digital-filmmaking/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Can Youtube even support 8k playback?

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Not to mention the YUGE amount of data they have to be transferring between drives. Yikes!

"Perfection is not the end, it's the beginning." 

[First Build] [About Me]

Just now, SenpaiKaplan said:

Yes, there are a few videos uploaded to YouTube in placebo I mean, 4160p60 quality, but very few machines can play them back without micro stuttering. Plus, if you don't have an 8K display, you're downscaling the video anyway, which is a waste of internet bandwidth for anyone on a metered connection.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=8k+60fps

The ONLY reason to do so now...  (LTT uploading 8K) is to either show off examples for WHY you'd want it,... and the main reason IMO for creators,.. the Youtube Bitrate boost,... but think of the excess computing required to shift to 8K trans-coding and storage mechanisms you'll need as well...

(Backend Video Datarate Increases on Youtube Quality would be why most jump into 8K uploading without a 8K source)

I like the downscaled 8K, fullscreen on my 35" 1080p panel (where its more noticeable than 24-25" panels)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, Bitter said:

I'd like to see the videos in 320x240 in .rm files so I can stream them to my Windows 95 desktop. There are literally several of us, you're ignoring an important user base!

I put GRID2 on a Dell Optiples i7 3770 and ran it from the HD4000 iGPU at 720p Low-Medium for 30-50fps ranges.

I did notice it went all the way down to 320x240 and once applied,... for the lols, I had to edit the config to remove it,..as I couldn't read anything anymore...

Must be cos I'm old...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I like the downscaled 8K, fullscreen on my 35" 1080p panel (where its more noticeable than 24-25" panels)

Downscaled 4K looks really nice on my mediocre Samsung 40" TV, better than 1080P because pixel reasons, that whole compression and chroma subsampling stuff.

My stills camera's resolution is slightly above 8k (only about by 33%) and those are a pain to edit unless it's on a OC'd multicore system with a decent GPU...  I can't imagine what type of system would be needed for making editing 8k video pleasant.  I guess LMG does it though because IIRC they record and edit in 8k and then output to 4k.

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."

1 hour ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

YouTube has provisions for 4320p video. It has provisions for 4320p60 video, as a matter of fact.

It's a matter of whether or not your hardware can be arsed to do so.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

......why tho 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

You will be gaining new subs

Yeah, no.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

19 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yeah, no.

well at least, i will finally sub....

been watching since Linus did a dual projector video and played racing game on it I believe.

i never created a YouTube account, so don't trash too hard due to not subbing since all this time.

24 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

......why tho 

i like soap opera effect ,  makes the TV look hyper realistic. so 60fps+ is needed

12 minutes ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

well at least, i will finally sub....

Whooptydoo. Most people who like Linus's stuff have already subscribed and for most people who haven't subscribed yet missing 8K-res video ain't the reason. Then there's the fact that a handful of subs is entirely meaningless to them. I mean, they have over 8 million subs already -- even a couple of thousands subs would barely even register.

"Butbutbut...*I* will sub!!!111oneoneleven" -- you're way overestimating your importance.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

I like soap opera effect ,  makes the TV look hyper realistic. so 60fps+ is needed

You'll be waiting a long while then since we're not yet at the level where 8K footage can be edited in a timely manner and also played back without significant performance issues 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

60hz is not great for content, with video, i makes everything look like soap operas. i do however like it when showing benchmarks and Stuff..

the 8K youtube compressions is bad, but 8k would always be better even when running 4k because of the larger bitrate, but it just seems such a waste of time, and money at the current state.

a few monitors and one samsung display supports it.. 

9 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

60hz is not great for content, with video, i makes everything look like soap operas. i do however like it when showing benchmarks and Stuff..

the 8K youtube compressions is bad, but 8k would always be better even when running 4k because of the larger bitrate, but it just seems such a waste of time, and money at the current state.

a few monitors and one samsung display supports it.. 

i previously said i like soap opera effect ,  makes the TV look hyper realistic. so 60fps+ is needed.

who says its not great for content? because people try try to force an old standard (24p) and don't want to update to newer tech because it is too expensive for them...  have you seen the hobbit 48fps? looks good to me and that's just my opinion

10 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

You'll be waiting a long while then since we're not yet at the level where 8K footage can be edited in a timely manner and also played back without significant performance issues 

don't they release 30-60+ day old footage anyways? timely isn't really part of this subject, at least thats my opinion.

10 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Whooptydoo. Most people who like Linus's stuff have already subscribed and for most people who haven't subscribed yet missing 8K-res video ain't the reason. Then there's the fact that a handful of subs is entirely meaningless to them. I mean, they have over 8 million subs already -- even a couple of thousands subs would barely even register.

"Butbutbut...*I* will sub!!!111oneoneleven" -- you're way overestimating your importance.

i was being sarcastic......   thats why i put all the dots/periods after i said at least i'll finally sub.   i thought you were suppose to put a lot of periods after something you want to over exaggerate?

Lets make it 16k and 240 fps

because why not

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

their 8k cameras are for 4k. There's a reason for that- a higher raw res allows you a lot more flexibility to work with the footage, like idk zooming in digitally in post. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch