Motherboard choice help ddr5

z790-s is the only really interesting board i see here

all the b boards except the steel legend are overpriced and the steel legend cant bclk non k and k oc like the pg riptide so thats abit of a stretch when you are only saving 24$ and getting a worse board overall

if you want an interesting board outside of that list that may be cheaper than the z790 theres the b760m pg riptide with external clockgen for overclocking non k (12th gen) and k cpus

i got eye on this for now b760Gigabyte B760M A Elite X AX - price 175 its kinda new and strong looking vrm..., z790-s looking to that board i thinking im not going far with it somehow, why its your choice? i now have 12600kf but i dont have plan to play with overclocking because gains from it not so big, and i need board with built in wifi. 

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

i got eye on this for now b760Gigabyte B760M A Elite X AX - price 175 its kinda new and strong looking vrm..., z790-s looking to that board i thinking im not going far with it somehow, why its your choice? i now have 12600kf but i dont have plan to play with overclocking because gains from it not so big, and i need board with built in wifi. 

z790-s has built in wifi and probably a stronger vrm aswell

afaik its just the -p but all the aesthetic stuff has been taken off

and b boards are very weird with undervolting afaik so even if you dont oc you might care if its gonna affect undervolting, and besides more tuning options at the same price is better incase you ever wanna tweak the thing make it run more efficiently with less power draw or just balls to the walls overclock

just makes no sense to buy a b board at the same price as a z board especially when their i/o or vrms are no better than the z board, find a b board thats <130$ maybe like the b760m pg riptide and maybe itll be worth buying a b board as you actually save a decent chunk of money downgrading the board