China To Force Changes To 20 Popular Games, Ban 9 Including Fortnite and PUBG

"rewards given based on rank"

Someone won a participation trophy in Elementary school field day lol. Can't have a meritocracy, that would make too much sense.

Joking aside, I'm torn between my unadultrated hatred for Communism, and my hatred for games like Fortnight and PubG.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Joking aside, I'm torn between my unadultrated hatred for Communism, and my hatred for games like Fortnight and PubG.

image.png.a962172606c7a0b8ec72b0c649ec0eeb.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Companies were all but made to get in bed with China from the 1970s to the 1990s for geopolitical reasons, but, after that, it was a way to move wealth from the Middle to the Coastal Enclaves. It's always had more to do with Power & Control than Economics or even Money.

Yea at first it was for geopolitics, like getting friendly with big China after having left Taiwan behind. China was fast developing from being a backwater still reeling from WWII and Mao, and the world saw that and decided to get friendly with them. Especially the US, seeing China as a possible "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of relationship. China opened the door up for foreign investment and we all know the rest. 

Robotics will overtake Africa for manufacturing. The Infrastructure is just not there in almost any part of Africa to be very useful... Nothing like that exists in the vast majority of Africa, and, this probably doesn't come up enough in these discussion, most of the continent doesn't have the population density capable of sustaining a strong manufacturing base.

China's probably the biggest foreign investor for quite a few African countries right now. They want to build tons of infrastructure and are pouring billions into that continent. Why? Plus several African countries are exploding in population so much, especially places like Nigeria and Ethiopia. Population density in some areas is going to shoot up so much over the next few decades.

I'll agree that for many developed countries that have post-industrial economies, automation will quickly become dominant in domestic manufacturing. But it'll take a while for the cost savings to trickle down and build up enough to replace ultra-cheap human labor. Plus you have to have technicians service the automation equipment, and these technicians will demand a boatload of money as their salary. Whereas the ultra-cheap human labor can probably be sustained on bags of rice and other cheap foods like insect protein before too long (? = ?)

As a result, the explosion in most of East Asia is just the introduction of food, money and markets willing to buy their goods. Africa is a massive expanse of Jungle, Sand and a few spots with extreme populations. None of whom really get along, with anyone. 

Yea the explosion in East Asia was a result of a vast manufacturing base opening up in China and other communist countries (Vietnam especially) due to relaxing regulations. Nigh-unlimited cheap labor in China provided the fuel for their economy to skyrocket, but now the labor is becoming more expensive and their population is beginning to age thanks to low birth rates up until recently. India's set to overtake China in a decade or so, but I doubt that country can be relied upon for cheap labor because their government is conscious of foreign powers and corporations wanting or trying to exploit them, plus their rapidly growing middle class, educated population.

Also them not getting along with anyone. That much is true. Because colonialism.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

13 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I think the leaders of China, Russia, and North Korea should all sit on a plutonium pop-sickle.

Why Russia though? Have you been to Russia?

I agree there are people that openly disagree with gov, but that is expected in every country. I've spent my fair share in Russia either visiting friends or for business purposes and it's far from dictatorship that people are trying to present here.

Can't comment on NK or China. Never been there however in the near future I'll be traveling to China most probably.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

What WoW overly revealing female characters hmm... ooohh.. ooh, I get it. Transmog :P

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I can hear ResetEra furiously masturbating to this.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

1 hour ago, Phentos said:

Yea at first it was for geopolitics, like getting friendly with big China after having left Taiwan behind. China was fast developing from being a backwater still reeling from WWII and Mao, and the world saw that and decided to get friendly with them. Especially the US, seeing China as a possible "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of relationship. China opened the door up for foreign investment and we all know the rest. 

"Nixon goes to China". Mao was still alive. It was Deng that saved China from the ChiComs, but the geopolitical reality was splitting China from the Soviets. It worked, but like everything with the Cold War, "victory" came with a lot of evil slime no one was willing to clean up.

4 hours ago, DaRk0 said:

Why Russia though? Have you been to Russia?

I agree there are people that openly disagree with gov, but that is expected in every country. I've spent my fair share in Russia either visiting friends or for business purposes and it's far from dictatorship that people are trying to present here.

Can't comment on NK or China. Never been there however in the near future I'll be traveling to China most probably.

I have been to China and Russia. Russia was for a vacation(ish) trip and China was a long time ago to help train on specialized machine usage when a company I worked for decided to outsource some of our labor there.

I don't think you can get a real read on how things are unless you live there or visit for long periods of time. As a visitor it doesn't really affect us and I have a feeling they have intentionally took steps to make it less than obvious for travelers. They want to protect that power and the more exposure it gets globally the more at risk it could be potentially placed.

On a completely unrelated note the girl in your avatar looks a LOT like a foreign exchange student I dated from Russia(Klara). She was also a driving force behind a particular Vacation ?

Banning Fortnite? I can get on board with that

/s

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

12 hours ago, Jito463 said:

LotRO disagrees. ;) 

LotRO total player base is like the same as a single WoW server, though

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

21 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

The thing is many Chinese people defend the state for everything. 

No I'm siding with them on this one. Banning Fortnite is the best news this year. 

LOL China going full NK mode, communistus maximus. 

They ban PUBG :)))  heir biggest market was in china, goodbye pubg lol... iwonder if they will ban mobile versions too hahaha.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, exetras said:

Yes, the lack of Winnie the Pooh filters angers his majesty so much.

I'm also a fan of Game visuals promote incorrect values. Which values are these?

Probably subversive and evil things like freedom, liberty, autonomy.

I like that youre woke about Pooh. If they banned Pooh in China for offending him what does that say about the thickness of his skin?

Calling it now. Within 5 years the UK and Australia will follow the Chinese model for censorship. I mean they banned L4D2 with blood in Aus years ago. I had to gift my Australian friends American versions of the game for them to get the uncensored version back in the day. Its only gonna get worse.

@DaRk0

Dont take any electronics with you that you plan on keeping after you leave china. Make sure its all disposable.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, shermantanker said:

That is probably the most petty communist bullshit I have seen. There could be more context to this, but at face value it is absurd.

I'm guessing china wants to give "equal" rewards to everyone regardless of their rank. It seems like they are trying to enforce this idea:

Image result for soviet doge meme

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

6 hours ago, yian88 said:

iwonder if they will ban mobile versions too

According to the OP, the mobile versions are what they were already censoring.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:04 PM, exetras said:

A panel of censors set up to vet mobile video games in China

Reading that list makes me pretty grateful I live on a non-oppressive state

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 12/12/2018 at 7:11 AM, AngryBeaver said:

China is shady as hell and the people that live there are often exploited or forced to suffer a pretty poor quality of life.

What about the northen koreaha

✨FNIGE✨

On 12/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, exetras said:

china

China can do what they want to do, laws are laws.

Can't change it, deal with it.

<Mods please delete>

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

China can do what they want to do, laws are laws.

Can't change it, deal with it.

Well China does have a tendency to tell everyone else what to do, and of infiltrating, subverting and influencing. Im sure Pooh and the party can take it as well as they dish it out. Oh wait they literally censored Winnie the Pooh so maybe they cant ?

On 12/12/2018 at 5:41 AM, corrado33 said:

I think this one character from FFXV beats everything in the "non-discrete" department.

cindy-aurum-playarts-action-figure3.1498

This is one of the few characters in video games who, when I first saw her, I went, "Holy fucking shit I can't believe this is a character in a video game" and simultaneously "This is going to inspire SO MANY slutty cosplays." 

The BEST cosplays, to be honest ?

@topic: it's china, whos surprised ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I mean the FFXV movie actually showed all characters with really awesome top of the line outfits... then on the game it's as sexual appealing generic "anime" style as it gets.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 12/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, LyondellBasell said:

Oh thank goodness. NA server might finally be fun to play on XD

But that means no more Taiwan number 1!

On 12/11/2018 at 2:27 PM, corrado33 said:

Careful, trump is making friends with all of them. 

You and I have very different definitions of the word friend.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:32 PM, Misanthrope said:

if we're establishing that conditions would need to be worst than China to get competitive

Which we're not. Even prior to Trump companies were relocating out of China to get out of the associated costs of dealing with the CPC which are higher than you'd think.

9 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Well China does have a tendency to tell everyone else what to do, and of infiltrating, subverting and influencing. Im sure Pooh and the party can take it as well as they dish it out. Oh wait they literally censored Winnie the Pooh so maybe they cant ?

Haha and democratic countries are innocent are they.

Heck the US influences elections all around the world every year!

Lets blame Rocket Man

Kidding aside

My heart goes out to the Canadian pawns jailed in China.