Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, IKnight said:

Another car that promises crazy stuff and never sees the light of day.. 

Production year 2021

11 hours ago, UCLA said:

Production year 2021

Suuuuure ;)

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

tenor.gif

Thinking of fixing it or too much damage?

Its going in for a damage inspection, then the insurance company has their say. Talked with the place its going and according to them most older suzukis just get written off because parts are too expensive... Hurts but looking for a new bike is fun at least. Its only about the entire summer and some until i can get my A license and ride the GSX750ES but im honestly thinking ill just fix and flip it right now. Not feeling it.

With that said,

Anyone know a bike that looks like this:(warning, very polarizing very very rebuilt CB450) 👀

Spoiler

https://i.blocketcdn.se/pictures/7565805333.jpg?type=original

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, WyattCrafty1 said:

I have an 1979 Kawasaki KZ400.

Retrospective: 1974-1979 Kawasaki KZ400 Twin

that's just a pic I found online. mine is in iffy shape and badly needs to be rebuilt.

I had one the same colour around the turn of the century...feeling old. it was a good bike, always wanted a Z1 but it never happened.

Pete

6 minutes ago, 711jrp said:

I had one the same colour around the turn of the century...feeling old. it was a good bike, always wanted a Z1 but it never happened.

I'm only 14, almost 15, so I don't feel old.

I've not ridden it yet because we need to rebuild the carbs, the throttle, and then my dad says that me and him can rebuild it into a cool custom cafe racer if I want. which, of course, I do.

We also have the stock fairing, although not on the bike because it looks real bad with it on.

Today my R33 got its new wheels fitted and an alignment. 

8762ea28800ac47c2774b34a34114117.jpg

Also got my new wheel today from NRG :)

91f5630449e70780c921bee8a3913c7f.jpg

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

19 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Its going in for a damage inspection, then the insurance company has their say. Talked with the place its going and according to them most older suzukis just get written off because parts are too expensive... Hurts but looking for a new bike is fun at least. Its only about the entire summer and some until i can get my A license and ride the GSX750ES but im honestly thinking ill just fix and flip it right now. Not feeling it.

I kinda want to get my A licence done this summer (exam only in September but alas) so I can then fly my father's GSX1100F into a tree xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

I kinda want to get my A licence done this summer (exam only in September but alas) so I can then fly my father's GSX1100F into a tree xD

Cant get the A untill mid september, need to have had A2 for two years. Not sure what ill buy for that if i sell the GSX, maybe ill putt about on the GSX for a little bit. 

Right now any plans i had are kinda in the shitter because of the GS500E getting hit -_-

Builds:

Spoiler

@bcredeur97

bfazlhdsgggf3xbndebl.jpg

“Officials with the Air Force say the flyover will include two B-52 Stratofortresses assigned to the 2nd Bomb Wing and F-15 Strike Eagles from the 159th Fighter Wing based at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in New Orleans.” 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

21 hours ago, WyattCrafty1 said:

BIKE5.jpg

take off the saddlebags, there you go.

Flickr > Photobucket

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

bfazlhdsgggf3xbndebl.jpg

That’s really cool! I’m not in Baton Rouge, about an hour away. 

also I’m actually lucky enough to still have a job and be working lol. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I recently had my summer tires including the original rims fitted to my Audi.
So the first thing I had to do, was of course to clean them.

My 97' Audi Cabriolet isn't anything special, especially because it's just the 2.0l 4-cylinder model with 115hp, but it has proven to be incredibly reliable and is perfect for cruising around in the summer.

It has currently ~270.000km (167.000miles) on the clock and I'm still the first owner so to say. It used to be my mum's car.

bFpbikHnLftb6PfnXV7N6Bz5NLnU8hbi1KCYnQlsdz7dNvjh1dcOTJNsPH_k7jvEbdiaQaWTlRxD23PnEelHdCOsHW1EoR00SM30F06YxxZSVqECUPxdQT3dx20h1QS-UZGpbh9imurNvahZROnvBu1qqO69UIE7gXmXqp2DOMXIF-R5fMZ1lvR0N--ItLNLRTIRc3vNnrgbjlOteOGLjUC49S3uIEvgjzI2V2XnxlV6v04I41jqdzxSRCbjOECSajnHal1tCsiYnHEHltc3xmOwuSPTMb6tpc_pmFgRLV2vro1QPHPrOMVgmwF3wBfKWKQEJAzV1t2kmvmou6JmIS7RrHbE_3GI65wCSPWI3G0E4LX24IZgbs3LNrEMpL24V7gAT6DWwG10EyFE8KZYzuxwgnR-pbXrdXwlALNQL3fyxjVqaOhsf2yv2egCZAB0fdfXeDBnlt_yU_J-udy8c83deFSOvq4uLVkK5hkq6m8yt8ORUzDXv7PKhlQ40Pe5OutE6UyFSY4w3TB2kJ0f1I_OCXOIbX4ikVeJYK4NN2LWezCg6LEUchn5QjcSIdWkXFgcdd7OrX9hZJg6zE8CRQgFB5NRyOPbY8Ax3oQ78Rp6YUGlV6DSksjHSr6r9EEQpCnPDZKCGDp3YIWJyXSnQnPZk0L4tPkavvjakN4fCDi_F-bnw1U-Y4btLrR8Bg=w997-h1329-no

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

I recently had my summer tires including the original rims fitted to my Audi.
So the first thing I had to do, was of course to clean them.

My 97' Audi Cabriolet isn't anything special, especially because it's just the 2.0l 4-cylinder model with 115hp, but it has proven to be incredibly reliable and is perfect for cruising around in the summer.

It has currently ~270.000km (167.000miles) on the clock and I'm still the first owner so to say. It used to be my mum's car.

bFpbikHnLftb6PfnXV7N6Bz5NLnU8hbi1KCYnQlsdz7dNvjh1dcOTJNsPH_k7jvEbdiaQaWTlRxD23PnEelHdCOsHW1EoR00SM30F06YxxZSVqECUPxdQT3dx20h1QS-UZGpbh9imurNvahZROnvBu1qqO69UIE7gXmXqp2DOMXIF-R5fMZ1lvR0N--ItLNLRTIRc3vNnrgbjlOteOGLjUC49S3uIEvgjzI2V2XnxlV6v04I41jqdzxSRCbjOECSajnHal1tCsiYnHEHltc3xmOwuSPTMb6tpc_pmFgRLV2vro1QPHPrOMVgmwF3wBfKWKQEJAzV1t2kmvmou6JmIS7RrHbE_3GI65wCSPWI3G0E4LX24IZgbs3LNrEMpL24V7gAT6DWwG10EyFE8KZYzuxwgnR-pbXrdXwlALNQL3fyxjVqaOhsf2yv2egCZAB0fdfXeDBnlt_yU_J-udy8c83deFSOvq4uLVkK5hkq6m8yt8ORUzDXv7PKhlQ40Pe5OutE6UyFSY4w3TB2kJ0f1I_OCXOIbX4ikVeJYK4NN2LWezCg6LEUchn5QjcSIdWkXFgcdd7OrX9hZJg6zE8CRQgFB5NRyOPbY8Ax3oQ78Rp6YUGlV6DSksjHSr6r9EEQpCnPDZKCGDp3YIWJyXSnQnPZk0L4tPkavvjakN4fCDi_F-bnw1U-Y4btLrR8Bg=w997-h1329-no

I take it you've done the water pump/timing belt at least once or twice by now? That plastic pump impeller is a fun thing when it breaks.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

I take it you've done the water pump/timing belt at least once or twice by now? That plastic pump impeller is a fun thing when it breaks.

Timing belt has been done twice (always at around 100.000km) and I'm not sure if the water pump has ever been changed. It might still be original, but I'd need to check to be sure.

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Timing belt has been done twice (always at around 100.000km) and I'm not sure if the water pump has ever been changed. It might still be original, but I'd need to check to be sure.

Pretty sure those are a plastic impeller, or they were certain years in the US which could possibly be just the Mexican built models for North America, but the impeller gets soft and breaks from the shaft so there's no coolant circulation in the engine. The tell tale is that the engine is hot but there's no heat and coolant is full. You can pull the thermostat off and look at the back of the pump/poke it with a finger and tell.

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Pretty sure those are a plastic impeller, or they were certain years in the US which could possibly be just the Mexican built models for North America, but the impeller gets soft and breaks from the shaft so there's no coolant circulation in the engine. The tell tale is that the engine is hot but there's no heat and coolant is full. You can pull the thermostat off and look at the back of the pump/poke it with a finger and tell.

I'll check next time I'll drive, which is currently not often, because of a certain virus :(

Edit: I just checked the service history (about 200 pages or something) and I couldn't find anything about it ever having been replaced. But I also didn't look too closely.