Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

tHePhoneDidntCostMeADime X

touchIDisBetterThanFaceID X

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

Guys a quick question ... slightly off topic....

looking at GTX1080 ... cant decide between few versions (not really a few ... xD )

EVGA SC2 iCX or EVGA FTW ACX 3.0

Zotac AMP! Extreme,

Gigabyte AORUS,

MSi Gaming X,

ASUS ROG STRIX

which one would you guys go for? all are at the 610 to 640 euro mark ... 

@techswede, @RevoltTrain, @vinyldash303, @bcredeur97, @MEC-777, @chaozbandit, @iDeFecZx, @vetali, @terrytek, @JoaoPRSousa, @IKnight, @warmmilk and who ever else i cant remember from the top of my head xD 

P.S. sorry for attention grabbing 

EVGA

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

im gonna keep this thing for a very long time.... if it doesn’t break or if I don’t break it. The latter of which I’ve never done yet lol. I take decent care of my phones

HaVeANotHERnotiFicatioN X

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

looking at GTX1080 ... cant decide between few versions (not really a few ... xD )

Zotac AMP! Extreme,

Gigabyte AORUS,

MSi Gaming X,

ASUS ROG STRIX

@techswede, @RevoltTrain, @vinyldash303, @bcredeur97, @MEC-777, @chaozbandit, @iDeFecZx, @vetali, @terrytek, @JoaoPRSousa, @IKnight, @warmmilk and who ever else i cant remember from the top of my head xD 

Count me as another vote for EVGA, either one

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

With my 6S i was able to set an Orange as a fingerprint. Well one of those Lil'Cuties Clemintines anyway. Not really an orange. 

So given that a Clemintine works, I would venture to guess that a Dickprint would work. 

We're definitely in the future then.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

With my 6S i was able to set an Orange as a fingerprint. Well one of those Lil'Cuties Clemintines anyway. Not really an orange. 

So given that a Clemintine works, I would venture to guess that a Dickprint would work. 

Face ID would probably work for dicks too. Though there will probably be a much higher chance of it mistaking the user for a politician.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I vote anything EVGA, their warranty is fantastic and their customer support can be miracle workers. You'd also want to get the ICX card if you pick EVGA, no fun burning your VRM to the ground.

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

ICX EVGA for me. 

Well actually I'd get a founders edition, but of that bunch, the ICX

26 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I'd go for EVGA, which ever is clocked higher.  EVGA cause they a have the best warrenty (have experience, super easy to deal with) and the higher clocked one cause higher clocked (although performance wise you really won't be able to tell a difference)...  performance wise brand to brand they're all close enough to not really matter

24 minutes ago, vetali said:

EVGA. Best customer service out there, at least in NA. 

19 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

EVGA

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Count me as another vote for EVGA, either one

oh you EVGA fanboys xD 

now i need to know SC2 iCX or FTW ACX 3.0 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

oh you EVGA fanboys xD 

We're fan boys of good customer service

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

27 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

All I'm imagining is someone who wanted to see if they could set TouchID to work with a dick print.

@bcredeur97 test pls xD

They worked on touchID 1, not sure about 2.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Zotac AMP! Extreme,

Gigabyte AORUS,

MSi Gaming X,

ASUS ROG STRIX

I went with EVGA with my 1070, otherwise wouldve gone for the Strix but it wouldn't fit in my case IIRC

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 hours ago, techswede said:

You plan out your weekly dinners, lunches and breakfasts in order to save money. Its pretty great if money is tight.

It is in very good condition and has air lockers front and rear. They aren't too common around here so prices are a bit skewed.

But with it i could park in one of our "parking spaces" outside. (45* driveways down to the garages under the house (Unusable by anything other than a serious off roader..) 

I might consider it but normally I just eat at the spur of the moment 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

45 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

im gonna keep this thing for a very long time.... if it doesn’t break or if I don’t break it. The latter of which I’ve never done yet lol. I take decent care of my phones

Still stands for people who did pay for it, besides how do you even get a free one?

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Still stands for people who did pay for it, besides how do you even get a free one?

Gift from someone

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

There are two Appendix K Urquattros for sale. I really dig these things

5003700124.jpg

5071120522.jpg

Both A1 cars

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

There are two Appendix K Urquattros for sale. I really dig these things

5003700124.jpg

5071120522.jpg

Both A1 cars

GIBE ... PLZ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Gift from someone

One damn expensive gift

Wish i knew people like that

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

GIBE ... PLZ 

One is $30k and the other is $90k 

There is also this Delta integrale 

6491574226.jpg

Which is also $30k 

And since you like swedish cars. How about this bad boy for 59k. The SKP-42 

3286763342.jpg

26 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

oh you EVGA fanboys xD 

EVGA is so good. ICX if it isn't a lot more expensive.

18 minutes ago, vetali said:

They worked on touchID 1, not sure about 2.

Hm

I'm gonna put my elbow in if I ever tun touchid back on

How did you mange to double post 28 minutes apart?

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I've never needed to use it. Only owned two EVGA cards, a 760 and one of my 580 is an EVGA 

Me either! Only owned a GTX970 FTW

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Verizon wants to give me one. 

I've never needed to use it. Only owned two EVGA cards, a 760 and one of my 580 is an EVGA 

ICX

GIVE you one? I would love that shit so much if my carrier wanted me to have one for free 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mobile safari. Don't question it. 

I'm more likely to question why you're using Safari. :P

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm more likely to question why you're using Safari. :P

Better than Safari on Windows.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

OOH! One of the Tokyo drift stunt monte carlos is up for sale again.

5014981635.jpg

5082184489.jpg

5038375908.jpg

5036692073.jpg

28 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

EVGA is so good. ICX if it isn't a lot more expensive.

Hm

How did you mange to double post 28 minutes apart?

27 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Verizon wants to give me one. 

ICX

I guess the SC2 iCX it is (the SC2 is cheaper than the FTW) like 10 euro difference .. but cheaper xD