Fractal Launches the R6,"Best Case Of 2017"?

TVwazhere

I thought they were never going to release a successor to the R5. I like that they managed to tweak it while retaining the gorgeous design language of the previous cases. Well done!

I need like 10 5.25" bays! Next!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Good on silence, mediocre/average on cooling.  $150 is a bit of change.  Define S remains to be my favorite.  Can't beat having triple 140mm in the front and that massive open cavity with no window for all the airflow and silence.

Has minimalism become a synonym for boring and generic?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Don't talk 'bout ya mutha like that!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Don't talk 'bout ya mutha like that!

No.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

44 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Good on silence, mediocre/average on cooling.  $150 is a bit of change.  Define S remains to be my favorite.  Can't beat having triple 140mm in the front and that massive open cavity with no window for all the airflow and silence.

Define R5 and R6 can have two bottom fans so you'll end up the same amount of intakes

R series:

2 front + 2 bottom

S series:

3 front + 1 bottom

*Not including the side panel fan.

I noticed that the bottom fans pulls in more air since there are more space off the ground than the front vents, so you get better cooling in the Define R series (the PSU shroud of the R6 can be a problem though)

I hope in the next Define S (if any) it will have 3 front + 2 bottom.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Not in spec list, though. it would seem there is an opening (or rather "openable") at the top, but maybe you would need additional hardware to mount anything there.

Looks like there's screwholes in the right place, I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The downside is that people will stop (have stopped?) designing  things for 5.25 slots, so eventually the whole idea will require heavy modding.

Hopefully by that time the designs will be better. Everyone associates them with ODDs but there's plenty of useful things that can fit into 5.25 bays. Fan controllers, SD Card readers, displays, hell you can even rig in additional 3.5/2.5 space in the bays. Wish more manufacturers would leave them on as, at minimum, an option for the user to decide.

2 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Particularly if the reason for cutting down to just 2x 140mm it's because of a stupid fucking 5.25 bay....in late 2017.

I don't hate it but as I said I would be much more interested if they come up with a "meshify" version of it, mainly due to being 1) Fractal and 2) E-ATX support. Seems that plus losing the 5.25 bay for better rad support would pair well with a nice Threadripper build and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

It's not even minimalist! For one, there's a side window and the faux "brushed metal" finish looks dated. And then you have these ugly side vents on the front panel as well. 

I would just love to see an NZXT S340 without a side window. One uniform box. That would look slick.

yah, so i made a vertical GPU bracket just last weekend, and now this dropps and makes me regret buying the Define C in the first place, with this case i wouldnt need to mount my HDD so getho :/ 

@fractaljosh can i get a sneeky trade in? Define C + money for an R6? :ph34r: its in good nick still...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I am super-stoked for this case.  I bought an R5 last year for my A10 build, and absolutely love it.  The R6 has everything I want in a case - loads of room for storage, offset mounting for up to a 420mm AIO (I'll be using a 280), optional vertical GPU mount that actually has clearance, and an optional upgrade to the IO.  Yes........I'll be upgrading from my S340 Elite to this one.

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

25 minutes ago, MidnightBanshi said:

I am super-stoked for this case.  I bought an R5 last year for my A10 build, and absolutely love it.  The R6 has everything I want in a case - loads of room for storage, offset mounting for up to a 420mm AIO (I'll be using a 280), optional vertical GPU mount that actually has clearance, and an optional upgrade to the IO.  Yes........I'll be upgrading from my S340 Elite to this one.

i really want to swap my Define C for it, like i REALLY want too but i cant justefy spending €130 on it sadly, its just not worth it to me however much i want it :( if it was like €80 id already have bought one lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This case looks so amazing and well done that I'm honestly considering dropping my Define S and rebuilding in the R6.... But 160 dollars.... hmmm what to do what to do.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i really want to swap my Define C for it, like i REALLY want too but i cant justefy spending €130 on it sadly, its just not worth it to me however much i want it :( if it was like €80 id already have bought one lol

Sell the define C for 50? Net payout becomes 80 :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Sell the define C for 50? Net payout becomes 80 :)

mmmm might do that, its pretty hard to sell cases where i live and shipping them yourself costs a shitload sadly

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

mmmm might do that, its pretty hard to sell cases where i live and shipping them yourself costs a shitload sadly

Thats what 7 day ground shipping is for ;) at least it is here. I guess I've never tried to ship a box that fits a case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Thats what 7 day ground shipping is for ;) at least it is here. I guess I've never tried to ship a box that fits a case

the weight is the main issue, dont think we have an equivelant for 7 day ground shipping here though :( i have shipped huge things when selling like packs of hardware and its not too bad, but they weigh less than a case with its original box and foam padding(yah i kept that because il be moveing in like a year and a half)

Builds:

Spoiler

Meh

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I just got an R5 a few weeks ago.  The R6 looks nice, sure, but for my needs I'm keeping the R5.  I already have HDDs in all its 8x 3.5" & 2x 5.25" drive bays.  PLUS, I have like another TEN 3.5" drives sitting in their boxes, a few of which I'd also like to install simultaneously.  Oh, and I almost forgot the Blu-ray burner sitting on the floor right now.  (It was in, but I temporarily took it out to put another HDD in there.)

(Now I need to talk to someone like maybe @Corsair Nick or @jonnyGURU about buying extra SATA cables for my AX760, since I've run out.  Also it'd be nice to have a split chain so I can use that one on the 5.25" bays at the top of the case AND the 2.5" SSD trays behind the motherboard.)

So... Does it come in a non-windowed version? I'd rather have airflow over a useless window.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

So... Does it come in a non-windowed version? I'd rather have airflow over a useless window.

Yeah! I think that windows need to go. O mean, I look at the Fractal Design Focus G in blue and I'm thinking that it would look 100 times better without the window. And the same applies for the R6. There's something cool about a perfect black box.