Fractal Launches the R6,"Best Case Of 2017"?

TVwazhere
3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

So... Does it come in a non-windowed version? I'd rather have airflow over a useless window.

Pretty sure you'll be able to order parts from Fractal soon, I can buy every single panel for my R5 (including a non-moduvent solid left panel apparently ... hmm ... nice). 

You could also look for someone who owns the same case and wants glass panels on both sides to show off their cable managment skills.  Jay showed that the panels can be swapped around just fine. 

Timestamped to 2:36

There is a no window version, check the fractal website:

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r6-black

Does anyone know if I can install the "Fractal Design Connect D1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C Upgrade Kit" in an R5?

Maybe you @fractaljosh?

I've been wondering where I could get more drive cages for my R5.  Puget seems to not have them listed anymore...

5a3b22f19f0f9_2017-12-201834-FDDefineR5needmoreHDDcagestrays.thumb.JPG.a4e750567d6d14e84dd4f391a1722df3.JPG

Or, would the R6 have been able to accommodate them all, by adding extra trays? 687474703a_f6b2e706e67_TwitchKappa.png.680a0e65e332d15e305dead859f05e58.png

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

They're listed in Fractal's own shop, but both cages have "delivery date unknown" status so they may be gone.

http://www.fractal-design-shop.de/index.php?k=43

Still, you may want to send them an email.

That's for their Euro market, I'm in NA which is served by Puget Systems for accessory purchases, last I checked.

The fan hub really is a waste of money easily replaced with PWM splitter cables that only cost a few dollars. It's also a shame the windowless versions doesn't have a side fan mount when literally every past Define series case has one. The thing that really tickles me is when compared to the R5 this has two less 3.5" and one less 5.25" but costs $50-70 more lmao.

This is definitely not a case I'll be buying.

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Damnit @fractaljosh, you tease! 

I asked about them building a bigger Meshify C last month.

This is the response I got from the product team.

Hi --------

Thank for the feedback!

We don’t have anything like that in the plans right now Im afraid, but I have noted your request and will pass it on to our development team!

Best regards

Fractal Design

I'm actually reconsidering my next build just to have that case since it's so cool (going from E-ATX to ATX)

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

It's really great overall and looks great with that TG panel as well. Awesome radiator support too. 

The fact that front IO USB Type-C is not included is really lame though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

A really decent option for those looking for an EATX compatible case. I kinda like it, I'm not a fan of the big wall. I don't know if it's because it's too large and/or the fractal logo but that's the only drawback to me. I'd probably get rid of it since I don't use HDD in my systems anymore anyway. For those using this case for a file server, you can cram a metric ton of drives in there. It's a versatile case with lot of options. Good job Fractal!

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

About time! Been waiting for the R6 to release to replace my S340 Elite.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

1 minute ago, Tribalinius said:

A really decent option for those looking for an EATX compatible case. I kinda like it, I'm not a fan of the big wall. I don't know if it's because it's too large and/or the fractal logo but that's the only drawback to me. I'd probably get rid of it since I don't use HDD in my systems anymore anyway. For those using this case for a file server, you can cram a metric ton of drives in there. It's a versatile case with lot of options. Good job Fractal!

You can move the wall to the back for the "open layout" of 2016/2017!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 12/20/2017 at 3:04 PM, PianoPlayer88Key said:

(Now I need to talk to someone like maybe @Corsair Nick or @jonnyGURU about buying extra SATA cables for my AX760, since I've run out.  Also it'd be nice to have a split chain so I can use that one on the 5.25" bays at the top of the case AND the 2.5" SSD trays behind the motherboard.)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/ribbon-style-sata-cable-with-4-connectors-type-3-850mm