Amazon backtracks after covering NYC subway car in Nazi symbols

Samfisher

I have always been interested in what the world would look like if Nazi Germany had won. Wolfenstein gave an interesting look at that, but it never really told much. Wolfenstein is banned in a lot of places though, so I understand why companies don't want to push out stories like this.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

...it's a freaking ad for a fiction. Nobody complained when wolfenstein put a freaking space nazi museum in the middle of london and put a nazi base on the moon.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Rich went ape ship on that particular subject today. Totally agree

murica result to political correctness

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/11/23/bravely-second-tomohawk-cowboy/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just becasue they promote COD doesn't mean they like terrorism. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

IMO it is controversial

Because I heard from my grandparents of how my great uncles were taken away by Japanese soldiers and never to see them again

not even their bodies are found

And Singapore was under Japan rule and it was a horrible time with all the tortures and ruling.

And yet we embrace Japan and its culture  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Covering an American subway, with modified American flag with Nazi connections on it, along with a Japanese modified war flag ...yea that aint gunna get Americans, who are taught from day 1 in life to be highly patriotic, pissed of at all :P

No really, the only way I can see Amazon coming up with this idea and being all like " hey that's a good idea" is if the person who came up with it and authorised it, wasn't American....and was a bit dim.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

And yet we embrace Japan and its culture  :lol:

the newer generations of Japanese do know know what their great grandparents have done to asians

and what pissed China, Korea and SE Asian countries off is the japanese leader non-apologetic way of addressing the war crimes

dont even get me talking about comfort women topic

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the newer generations of Japanese do know know what their great grandparents have done to asians

and what pissed China, Korea and SE Asian countries off is the japanese leader non-apologetic way of addressing the war crimes

dont even get me talking about comfort women topic

It works both ways, the newer generations of Asians wouldn't know too much about what the Japanese did. They can't feel the effect of it.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It works both ways, the newer generations of Asians wouldn't know too much about what the Japanese did. They can't feel the effect of it.  

I feel i am one of the affect ones since my grandparents used to talk about how they were treated by the Japanese soldiers

They fled from China to Singapore just to avoid them

But the Japanese manage to go all the way down to Singapore and took control over the country in less than a week.

It then 2-3 years of hell.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Oh come on, are people REALLY that easily offended? 

I think its really cool

Americans are TOO patriotic to the point of it being negative 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

From a design aspect its actually nicely done..

People get offended too easily. They need to quit being little bitches.

Looks like Amazon got people talking about it. Someone in their advertising department is getting a raise

My thought put together with 3 quote's, got nothing else to say so far.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I feel i am one of the affect ones since my grandparents used to talk about how they were treated by the Japanese soldiers

They fled from China to Singapore just to avoid them

But the Japanese manage to go all the way down to Singapore and took control over the country in less than a week.

It then 2-3 years of hell.

My grandparents have told me how the war was like too, but I choose to not be affected. That war is not for me to bother. To remember yes, but not so much affected by it. 

From a design aspect its actually nicely done..

And actually I can't find any "Nazi" cross , its only the Reich eagle which in my mind represent something like the bald eagle ( dear bird of the USA )

she probably couldn't even state when WWII started and ended.

..and you could  ?

Pedantic Hint, it didn't end in 1945 .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Agreed. Welcome to pansy ass America.

It's not even the actual symbol of the Third Reich. That had the swastika under the eagle to my knowledge, as opposed to the Axis emblem.

Sort of off topic, does anyone think the eagle in the Reichsadler looks really cool?

It's a Iron cross it isn't even close to the swastika, a variant of it still (or was can't remember) used as a emblem for the Germany's armed forces .

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Indeed. There are/were only a few extraordinary leaders in all of history that could do the things he did with Germany, and with such efficiency, in such a small amount of time (in the grand scheme of things).

Then again you could probably argue that given WWI didn't end how it did for Germany, and Hitler didn't live through the experiences he did growing up, he wouldn't have turned into the evil man/incredible leader that he became. Since a lot of his drive was revenge and hatred caused by past events.

As one tweet I read said : "You don't go back in time to kill hitler you go back in time to make the treaty of Versailles (I guess that was its name) less humiliating to Germany"

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It's actually a pretty good idea, in The Man in the High Castle, US is taken over by the axis, that includes the subway. This adds immersion to the possible viewer!

People get offended too easily. They need to quit being little bitches.

They need a good dose of internet. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

They need a good dose of internet. 

The people that try either become part of the cesspit that is the internet, or become a faggot SJW.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Holy crap, if New York was a website. It would be the type of website I avoided like the plague.

I wonder if someday in the future you'll be able to wear Google Glass and pay a contribution per month, and you'll be able to see just trains, buses and chairs without adverts.

Heard it's just on 1 or 2 of them not the entire fleet.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I think people are over reacting a bit. From what you can see in the photos, it looks like Amazon took very good care not to use any swastikas in the designs. Maybe I'm missing something else, but I can't find anything inherently offensive about the ads. 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Oh come on, are people REALLY that easily offended? 

I think its really cool

Americans are TOO patriotic to the point of it being negative 

Seriously! And its not like theres swastikas all over the subway car either

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System