When people say they don't like drinking plain water because it's boring

Nine Tailed Fox
18 minutes ago, Sil3nt1 said:

I don't get it.. I drink about a half gallon a day and I don't mind it.

I drink several bottles of Ice Mountain a day. I also like the Ice Mountain Sparkling as it has a hint of flavor and no sugar. 

As it stands I wont drink Tap water. I dont trust it any more. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I'm kind of one of the people in that camp. When all I have to drink is water I constantly forget to actually drink anything just because of the lack of flavor. One of these days I ought to look into additives to make it have flavor but without any caffeine and fuckloads of sugar, since that'd still ultimately be better for me than caffeine free Pepsi and root beer.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

For me, it greatly depends on the water's taste. In my city, we have the luxury of having excellent tap water and I enjoy it very much, When I am travelling, I often don't like the plain water that is available (even the bottled versions) because of the type of water I am used to drinking. In that case, I prefer to drink something with some type of flavour, preferably tea or coffee.

I find that the ones who says they don't like the taste of water... are usually the same kind who eat out a lot, primarily drink soda or coffee and overall have destroyed their taste buds with their terrible life choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

As it stands I wont drink Tap water. I dont trust it any more. 

its a bit of both for me, so tap water for sure isnt the cleanest, but bottled water isnt as predictably great, 

the water used to make beverages like coke are generally cleaner than bottled water, due to strict company standards (i am a chemical engineer who has worked on a beverage plant), but also there are some water companies that make really clean water, its just that in the bottled water industry it could be slightly filtered and chlorinated, or filtered multiple times, through different filters, de ionized, ozonated and specific salt added,

i drink dasani, cause its about the same process they use to get water to make coca cola and its good enough 

also i drink more water because diabetes and kidney failure runs in my family and it seems healthier 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

2 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

its a bit of both for me, so tap water for sure isnt the cleanest, but bottled water isnt as predictably great, 

the water used to make beverages like coke are generally cleaner than bottled water, due to strict company standards (i am a chemical engineer who has worked on a beverage plant), but also there are some water companies that make really clean water, its just that in the bottled water industry it could be slightly filtered and chlorinated, or filtered multiple times, through different filters, de ionized, ozonated and specific salt added,

i drink dasani, cause its about the same process they use to get water to make coca cola and its good enough 

also i drink more water because diabetes and kidney failure runs in my family and it seems healthier 

Ice Mountain is Spring water and you can taste a difference. I have drank Dasani before but I dont like the taste, mainly because its bottle tap water. 

Me not trusting tap water is due to what happen in Flint. They are still dealing with Lead in their water. I remember reading that the Great lakes water authority started hardening our water to keep in from leaching lead out of our water mains. Because I think many communities are in the same boat. The mains are old and while they are "Safe", you have to be careful. Plus the water tastes like Im drinking pool water. 

What I want to do is see about getting a reverse osmosis system for the kitchen sink. It would filter the water and I could stop using plastic bottles. 

I'm not a fan of water. I totally get the boring aspect. I need flavor or something in my drinks. I'll drink it when I'm working out or hiking or something but that's more of a necessity than anything.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

95% of my liquid intake consists of sparkling/soda water (an aquired taste), tap water (because Placerville tap water isn't bad), and coffee. I don't really care for soda much, I despise the sticky feeling in my mouth when drinking a soda while thirsty. Also, I can think of better(tastier) things to spend 40 grams of sugar on.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

reverse osmosis system

Reverse osmosis water doesn't taste great, the plant i was on this summer performed reverse osmosis, but later added specific salts to give the water its taste, which may end up tasting the same as tap water, but should be free of any form of organisms and harmful metals.

But i understand your resistance to drinking tap water, the combined sources of water used to make tap water leads to some rather unfortunate impurities 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Listen. I can get the same thing you pay for in bottled water from the tap, for free. I'm not paying for it, ever. If I'm going to pay for a drink, its usually beer or Pepsi Max. Just install a filter in your water system if you are really concerned. 

That's like saying you don't like breathing because it's boring.  Like, it's not a choice lol and it's also not that bad, or at least, it shouldn't be.  If it is then find a better source of water - filters, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

When I'm thirsty, nothing will quench it like a tall, cool drink of water. If I'm thirsty enough, I'll even drink warm water and like it.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I drink a lot of water as well, not quite a half gallon, but several large bottles. I don't add flavour, if I don't want water I will drink sweet tea. That is, save for one soda every few days.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

2 minutes ago, SenKa said:

We tired a britta filter before. It took toooooo long to fill. Plus we dont got room in our fridge. Ill just have to write Nestle about them putting the water in cans rather than plastic bottles. Doubt they will care how ever. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

We tired a britta filter before. It took toooooo long to fill. Plus we dont got room in our fridge. Ill just have to write Nestle about them putting the water in cans rather than plastic bottles. Doubt they will care how ever. 

The Pur filter I linked take ~20 minutes to fill, as it simply relies on gravity to fill. Small price to pay IMO, but I see where you're coming from.

Cans are FAR better than bottles for recycling purposes, so I would imagine that is why Nestle does that. 

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, SenKa said:

Cans are FAR better than bottles for recycling purposes, so I would imagine that is why Nestle does that. 

Funny enough their 12oz Sparkling water comes in cans. Im not sure if its a cost thing, Id imagine it would cost more for cans. Id be willing to pay more. I know I have seen aluminum bottles that were resealable. Even if they didnt use a releasable container, Arizona uses BIG ASS cans for their teas, so I know larger aluminum cans exist. 

It tastes bad. Anyone who says water has no flavour, you have something wrong with you. It's a horrid taste. It's refreshing, yes. But I can't do the taste. It comes along with a texture at times, depending on what I'm drinking it from.

i used to drink 5litres of water a day

i stilllike it, otherwise i breathe apple cider

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Not everyone into the same type of drinks.

Myself, I drink water everyday.  I'm not really a fan of sodas and how they taste.  And, I'm one of the rare few Southerns that straight up dislikes sweet tea (I will drink hot tea with no sugar).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

4 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

It tastes bad. Anyone who says water has no flavour, you have something wrong with you. It's a horrid taste. It's refreshing, yes. But I can't do the taste. It comes along with a texture at times, depending on what I'm drinking it from.

Pure water has no taste, the stuff you describe sounds like you are drinking pretty dirty water? Texture?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.