When people say they don't like drinking plain water because it's boring

Nine Tailed Fox

drink two liters of dihydrogen monoxide a day for good health. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

drink two liters of dihydrogen monoxide a day for good health. 

Are you kidding? That stuff can kill you if you don't disinfect it with liberal amounts of grain alcohol.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

14 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Bullshit. Pure water has taste. Everything has some kind of taste.

"Pure" water does indeed have no taste, the problem is that it is quite rare.  Most bottled waters have minerals added to give it a flavor, and even distilled water will leech chemicals from it's container giving it a plasticky taste.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

The tap water where I live is pretty bad, especially compared to where I used to live, which has such notoriously good tap water that there are multiple companies that bottle it and sell it.  That said, my family buys that water in 5 gallon bottles and has it delivered every few weeks.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I can understand people wanting to drink something other than water because of the taste - eg: they prefer the taste of milk or juice or pop, etc.

What I don't understand, is people who refuse to drink tap water, and will actually buy bottled water*

*Note: I know there are places in the world where tap water is legit not safe. I'm talking about basically major US/Canadian cities. Like Toronto or New York City. The tap water is 100% safe, and it's "free" (I mean, it's not actually free - usually you're paying a small fee for water usage, or it's paid via taxes in general. Depends on the city).

In the city I live in, it costs about $1.90 CAD per cubic metre of water used. For reference, 1 cubic metre is equal to 1000 litres, or about 265 US Gallons of water. For under $2.

Or you can buy Aquafina at $3 for half a litre.

Most bottled water isn't even special, it's literally just ground water. We use a filter at home, but that's mostly for taste more than anything else - and it's still significantly cheaper than buying bottled water.

We use a water machine with 18 L jugs. It's pretty much inexpensive, and it's always cold. Refill is like $5 if you trade in your old jug?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

my Rockstar says hydration on the side.   good enough for me

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

the only flavoured shit ive tasted is either Milk or coconut water. soda is like once a month

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

On 9/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, -Kriss- said:

Relying on anything other than pure or sparkling water as a main source of hydration is dumb imo. And you should drink plenty of it everyday.

You don't want to be drinking pure water (purified or distilled), at least not exclusively or extensively. You want the water to have minerals in it, otherwise you could become deficient in certain minerals. (Calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, selenium, chromium, and zinc are all commonly found in water).

Filtered, spring, mineral, and tap water all contain plenty of minerals and are a better choice for primary consumption, assuming the end product isn't contaminated with anything harmful.

I almost exclusively drink filtered city water, though will also drink purified water infrequently.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4 hours ago, will4623 said:

https://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/355/752/676.gif

While this is rather tongue in cheek and is intended to be funny, all of it is true under certain conditions.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 9/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, SenKa said:

The Pur filter I linked take ~20 minutes to fill, as it simply relies on gravity to fill. Small price to pay IMO, but I see where you're coming from.

Cans are FAR better than bottles for recycling purposes, so I would imagine that is why Nestle does that. 

anyone that uses plastic bottles is because its subsidized. cheaper to use plastic instead of 99.9% reycal of glass and metal.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

16 minutes ago, jason938 said:

I'm one of those people who can spend whole day without drinking a plenty of water, but just a few cups. My body doesn't want it and because of that I always had problems with kidney stones and my doctor told me if I don't drink at least 2 litters everyday, stones will appear again. So, I decided to start drinking water and monitor my intakes. I installed in my phone app "Be Wet", that reminds you to drink a water, monitors & records how much you have drank and what type of liquids have you drank. It's a really good app. So, now I'm drinking everyday 2.7 litters water. My body doesn't want it and I'm drinking without my will, but I know it's necessary for me and everything is better than having kidney stones attack (which has unbearable pain).

Have you tried drinking bottled water and see if that makes it better, maybe some soft water, Evian or something like it? You could also try adding a small squeeze of lemon juice to the water. I don't know how the water quality is in Tbilisi

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:23 PM, TempestCatto said:

It tastes bad. Anyone who says water has no flavour, you have something wrong with you. It's a horrid taste. It's refreshing, yes. But I can't do the taste. It comes along with a texture at times, depending on what I'm drinking it from.

Tap water isn’t really “pure” water.  Pure water is distilled water and it’s not particularly good for you.  Tap water varies drastically by area.  Some local tap water is just awful.  My city has pretty darn good tap water but I’ve lived places where this is very much not true.  Even a set of rusty pipes in a house can ruin decent tap water.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, floofer said:

Listen. I can get the same thing you pay for in bottled water from the tap, for free. I'm not paying for it, ever. If I'm going to pay for a drink, its usually beer or Pepsi Max. Just install a filter in your water system if you are really concerned. 

I've definitely paid for water since writing this. Oh dear. 

On 9/19/2019 at 4:46 AM, jason938 said:

Tap water where I live is pretty good and when I'm home I usually drink tap water, but at work I use Water Dispenser water:

68161beko_bss_4414_tt_1rl_enl-600x600.jpg

I could use lemon, but it will give me hard time to my stomach. It's fine, I already got used to drink water, it's not like I hate it, I can tolerate to drink it even if I'm not thirsty.

I doubt this water is any different than tap water. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

i drink bottled spring water (19L bottles) because the place i live in, raw tap water is not met drinking standard. also because aging piping and hardness.

yes it's real spring water, its local.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

4 hours ago, wasab said:

I doubt this water is any different than tap water. 

Depends. Some of that comes from a spring while some of the bottled stuff is just tap water where they filter it very good. For example Dasani I belevie is just tap water that is filtered, it actual says it on the bottle. While Ice Mountian is Spring water and yes you can tell the diffrence. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 9/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Nine Tailed Fox said:

I don't get it.. I drink about a half gallon - gallon a day and I don't mind it.

because people like sugary, fizzy drinks

thats why they are fat and obese

29 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

A possible reason perhaps.  Amongst several.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, amdorintel said:

I like salty and savory soup. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I just have a filtered tap in my house that I use, no need for bottles, ice is preferred but not required. I will also drink 2-3 cups of coffee per day and the occasional diet soda but that’s a rarity.

There is an argument for stuff in water for some people.  Older folks sometimes have problems retaining the water they drink in useful ways and adding some sugar or salt can slow the progress of the fluid.  It’s sort of a special case though and not nearly as much is needed as are in most drinks.

Tea, Earl Gray, Hot.

No but seriously, bottled water room temp. My local tap water from the well and then treated has a taste I dislike, I can't put my finger on it but it gives me a dry feeling in my throat after drinking it unlike tap water or well water from other places or bottled water. Even after being filtered (twice even through a Brita pitcher) it still has that dry taste. RO water from my aunts tap still has it somewhat but much less. I however am an outlier, I dislike alcohol and can pickup on that taste very very easily. I think my tongue/mouth is just very sensitive to some things and whatever is in the local ground water is one of those things. I know we have high iron in some wells around here but that's not it, I love Michigan well water which is high in iron. It might be a sulfur compound, our lime stone seems to be rich in it.

i recently moved from a place with clean tap water to a place where we need to fill up jugs of drinking water from a company down the road and it's just a really weird switch. I was so used to just having water all the time lol

I'm one of those who needs apple/orange/grape juice in the fridge while there's gallons of Kirkland Costco water on the side. Get sick of just plain water all the time.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X