Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

On 4/9/2019 at 11:20 AM, Kinder said:

How about an open challenge to the office to build a Stealth PC. (things that should not be pc's)

Set a decent budget.

Cameras can follow each person involved like a reality show to record progress and failures/ challenges they have to overcome with their design.

And no retro game system chassis.

Lets see how creative your team can be!

We, the viewers can vote on the winner. ;)

For motivation from just some random guy my HTPC.....

Pics show her with; 15-7500T, Noctura low profile cooler, Gigabyte H170TN, 16GB ram, 960 Evo 250GB M.2.

She has been upgraded with i7-8600, 16GB Vengence 3200Mhz RGB, Z390 Phantom ITX.

Front mount USB's 3.0, cockpit has PWR/ HDD etc LEDs and PW/ Reset switches.

20171107_203940_zpsje1tulx5.JPG

20171107_204001_zps1rh80uiq (1).JPG

20171107_204540_zpsuiw3ng4f.JPG

Maybe add a few of these and make a "THIS MILLENIUM FALCON SLEEPER FLIES!" video?

Spoiler

LMG's first flying PC:

Spoiler

Can you build an 8tb 3.5'' sata 3 SSD using :  4 x  WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB  + 2 x Startech Dual-Slot M.2 Drive to SATA Adapter for 2.5" Drive Bay - RAID + 1 x Startech  Dual-Bay 2.5” to 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Adapter Enclosure with RAID ? It would be around $1500 CAD before taxes for an 8tb sata SSD instead of several thousand dollars. In theory it should work but I didn't see anyone try that on the web. Even just in JBOD it would already be great. Or would it ? Could transfer rate or IOPS be affected ? 

Thanks !

images.jpg

S322M225R.main.jpg

35SAT225S3R.main.jpg

I was looking to buy a used 20+ old amplifier, and stumbled upon some pictures. Some of them show the amplifer open and most of them have some very sleek designed heatsink.

For example this Nikko Alpha 130, 200Wrms from the 70's.

583696-mint_nikko_alpha_130_power_amplif

Since making a heatsink seems very difficult for Linus and his team, but they seem to have mastered making copper blocks. I would like to see a video of them trying to make the best looking heatsink design they can come up with old non-fonctioning amps. Wether it is for another passive electronic, PC or a RED 4K camera. Also, theses old amps were hand made, much easier to remove parts for electronic enthusiasts.

review somefing made in The Nederlands 

if you do so all sent you a pack of dutch cookies

you can choose literally everything

btw im 14 bin watching for 2 years now still and i love it 

Spoiler

This is what inspired my question. Seems over at Reddit/r/Dell Constant shipping delays and hardware issues and nightmares with warranty

I'd like to know what chat app will LTT be switching to once Hangouts is gone? 

My friends and I exclusively use Hangouts.

We are at odds with what we'll switch to.

I want to see Linus Sebastian interview Linus Torvalds.

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz -- Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF -- Team Group 16 GB DDR4 2400 (16-16-16-39) -- Gigabyte GTX 1070 -- NZXT S340 -- Windows 10 64-Bit

I would like to see a video about the software you use to benchmark/stress test/monitor and comparisons with other software that might have been considered.

been debating about buying Aida64 for home use.

Posted (edited)

I was just watching the stream you've just done and Linus mentioned you'd be coming over to the UK to film a video at Meridian Audio, with this in mind I suggest you also visit The National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park on this trip and make a video about it. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

le luci del giorno viventi

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H115i extreme performance liquid cooler (280mm radiator), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

My video idea is to cook a peice if toast using just computer components and not a toaster. 

I would love to see this as crazy as an idea as it is.

keep up the great videos!

nanastinky

aka

Kadyn

Graphene then could reduce a open loop temperature by 30% or even more:

Check out https://www.flexegraph.com for more details.

This is from my F1 & Motorsport side. Im sure @AlexTheGreatish would love to try this one out in a open loop.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Go over everyone's (who is willing to do so) home computer setup. I'm curious about what everyone's home rigs are. Even if they just brought in their PCs, I'd love to see them. Maybe reward whoever has the worst PC with a new GPU or some slightly better setup with spare parts you have laying around or something?

Have @AlexTheGreatish build something with a ridiculously oversized aircooler again. Maybe see if you can cool stuff without heatsinks but an air compressor blasting the heatspreader directly or even the bare chip (cpu/gpu doesn't matter)

New Rig yay

My Folding Stats

amen brother, yi yi !

X  Vigilo Confido  X

I know this would be a VERY long video (years of waiting) but if you could do a fan review by letting them run constantly for years, and use many fans you can buy separately without buying cases or case coolers and see which ones act out (vibrating, rattling, or stopping altogether) after how long. I know there could be a bit of issue because some fans could be outdated by the time the video is ready to be uploaded.

I know he did a pc building myths but would be nice a pc myths overall, i'm sure would help tons of people

Current, New Rig

Mobo: MSI Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Dual Channel // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Old Rig (Now Retired)

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

- Previously ReggieGRS

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips video suggestions!

I thought it would be a really cool series on internet radio/streaming music and creation type shows. one of the shows would be helping Rusty at SOMA FM with his rack of servers looking for long-term reliability.. I spoke to him on 3/20/2019, sorry about not messaging you sooner.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Stanley Moras

I have an idea for a video where you could make a top of the line gaming/productivity PC and turn it into a native Hackintosh.

You could take the top of the line overclocked 18 core 7980xe CPU paired with a 1080ti or Titan XP (2017 version) or something on MacOS High Sierra (Mojave doesn't have web drivers yet).

Also if you do consider this idea I think it would be a great idea to do benchmarks at the end with productivity applications and games for fun :D

KGP has made an incredibly detailed guide on how to do this and I suggest you check it out!: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

If that is a little much you could always just start with a vanilla guide https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/ and go from there.

Most of the time if you configure a Hackintosh correctly it will perform better than windows in special CPU tasks :D

I hope my idea has inspired anyone reading this!

@GabenJr

Just coming in to applaud the changes to LTT Youtube video titles going forward. I have now watched videos that I probably never would have under the previous system. For instance, I probably never would have watched the recent Aero 15 review, except for catching the back half of what's now the title. Before, all I would have seen is a clickbait title and picture of a laptop, and passed it by. However, I'm specifically interested in Gigabyte's Aero series, and I didn't notice until after watching the review that the video thumbnail had "Aero" on the screen of the laptop. I watched Linus' explanation of titles, and I see where's he's coming from, but stuff like that is too subtle (especially depending on your device and the size of the thumbnail image to see "Aero"), or in other cases there were too many degrees of separation. After watching the explanation in the GoXLR video, I feel good about LMG as a company.

Can we get a Video about a full review of Nvidia RTX 2080 ti, which Variant from various partners is best in terms of both performance and cooling, do we really need liquid cooling in RTX 2080 ti? some cards in the market which comes with AIO liquid coolers attached to the GPU and also with water block attached, are they better at cooling the GPU and increase the performance?, And also Review for Colorful's RTX 2080 ti Kudan (most expensive 2080 ti in the market I think) and how it compares with the MSI RTX 2080 ti Gaming X Trio ( allegedly the fastest 2080 ti in the market right now), Also what kind of PSU we need with these coupled with Intel i9 9900K for which also enables for overclocking of both CPU and GPU do we need liquid cooling of this kind of cards... Can we get a video with all of this

run full windows 10 on an android smartphone, this app claims it can allow you to dual boot win 10 and android

is used to install windows on android. It makes operating system compatible with Android device which means you can use both windows and android simultaneously on your device (mobile phone).

their software have been featured on this android authority article

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, frickpleses said:

run full windows 10 on an android smartphone, this app claims it can allow you to dual boot win 10 and android

their software have been featured on this android authority article

Installing regular desktop Windows on a phone will mean you will loose ALL phone functionality, also there are no drivers available. It just simply won't work and never will work. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

le luci del giorno viventi

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H115i extreme performance liquid cooler (280mm radiator), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: