Outside of computers/gaming, what hobbies do you guys have?

ThisIsCheez
4 minutes ago, Fez_Boy said:

Homework Browsing this forum

That was slightly too close to home for comfort.

4 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Getting away on the motorbike or planning my next trip. Currently looking to get to Portugal and Spain for a week. 

What kind of bike do you have?

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

That is really hard to say.

It's a toss up between my two full custom ARs, my Mossberg 500, 590, or 930, Springfield 1911, or Rock Island 1911 HC.

How do you like your Rock Island? I've wanted to add a 1911 to my collection and the Rock Island are at an amazing price.

3 hours ago, fargonaz said:

That's too easy, the Tanfoglio Elite Match in 9mm.  Real light and crisp trigger, with virtually no recoil(147gr bulltet with 3.0gr Clays set to 1.145" OAL for this gun.)

That is one nice target pistol! I've wanted a higher caliber target pistol but ammo can get expensive. I still take my carry/self defense pistols to the range but my dedicated target pistol is a Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Have a SliencerCo Warlock II for it and it looks like a laser pistol and sounds like one too :)

Biking, Driving, Music, Getting drunk, Netflix, Gardening.

Building hotrods, drag racing, collecting firearms, and deep sea fishing. Pretty simple actually. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

the murika have the highest firearm related fatality and crimes and least control on them. i have no opinion on what purpose you use with them, as soon as they are legal, and your firearm is properly licensed and stored accordingly. like regular check in in Japan, and separate storage of firearm and ammunition. 

my personal opinion? gun kill people, knife kill people. except i use knife to prepare food everyday. i don't see any award winning chef use a pistol to dice veggies for my favourite spaghetti. however if your law permits it, go for it, be responsible tho.

but still i hold my position, that firearm should be heavily regulated, and only be carried by active law enforcement and military personnel, only government or military organisations can own firearms, with open, detailed record for public inquiry. down to every time who and when opens the gun case. 

they are the tool of killing, tool of violent, tool of oppression. as a pacifist, i will stay away such "tools". oh and im against death penalty too. 

sources:

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/home-and-community/safety-topics/guns/data-details/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/gun-control-how-japan-has-almost-completely-eliminated-gun-deaths-2017-10

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Sports(looking at statistics, playing pickup basketball(want to join a team), playing piano

Nothing else really. Imma pretty boring person

Damn....

I completely understand and respect your opinion, I'm just going to voice my opinions on some things I disagree with so you can see if from my point of view.

49 minutes ago, zassou said:

the murika have the highest firearm related fatality and crimes and least control on them.

I've got zero argument for this. You're right and I agree. Other methods of destruction can be used, tho. When you hear of attacks in other countries they aren't using guns, they are using whatever they can get a hold of. Homemade bombs, acid, vehicles, etc. I completely agree that the USA has way more gun violence than any other country, but people that want to cause harm will find a way to cause harm. As far as control I'll get to that later.

i have no opinion on what purpose you use with them, as soon as they are legal, and your firearm is properly licensed and stored accordingly. like regular check in in Japan, and separate storage of firearm and ammunition. 

I do agree that a large amount of people don't store their firearms properly. I have a safe with all my ammo and guns in it, but I am also a gun enthusiast with 11 guns and enough ammo to take on a large army of squirrels. Majority of gun enthusiasts and going to have a safe, keep logs of their guns/ammo, and take proper care of them. But the average person with maybe a pistol and shotgun in their home is going to keep it in a closet or drawer somewhere and that's a problem. One thing I strongly disagree with is the portion of your post I highlighted. Once I buy a gun I'm fine with my government knowing I bought one, hell the ATF and FBI have a couple sets of my fingerprints from where I bought a suppressor (most know it as a silencer) and created my SBR (short barreled rifle), but after I buy it I don't need them checking in on it like it's their child and they have weekend custody. As long as I'm law abiding they have no reason to check in on me. I do know an alternative to check ins you might agree with, but again, we'll get to that later. As far as storing ammo and firearms separate, if a criminal breaks into my home I'm not going to be able to yell down they hallway and say "Hold up while I go get my ammo and load my gun". 9 out of my 11 guns stay unloaded, but my carry pistol and home defense rifle will always have ammo in them.

but still i hold my position, that firearm should be heavily regulated

Here is where me and a lot of gun enthusiasts don't agree. I do not agree on heavy regulation, California is a great example of regulations being put in place by people that don't understand firearms and all the regulations do is hurt lawful people and has zero impact to criminals. I do however believe a bit of gun reform is in order, both adding some regulations and taking some away. here's my main point of what show be added and what should be taken away

Trading/selling firearms: In my state, and many others, once I buy a gun I can sell it to whoever the hell I feel like without a bit of paperwork being done. I can buy a rifle, do the proper paperwork at the dealer, decide a week later I don't like the way it shoots, and sell it to a random stranger at a gunshow or someone I messaged on social media. 100% legal to do that. I am not a fan of that at all. I feel like if I want to sell you a gun I own we should go to a registered FFL (dealer), have them run a background check or make sure you have your CCDW (concealed carry deadly weapon permit), and do the proper paperwork. If I'm selling to individual I will not sell to them unless they show me their CCDW. In my state your CCDW consist of taking a training class, passing a state background check, paying a fee, and renewing it every 3 years. I feel like if someone is able to hold their CCDW they are responsible enough to buy my gun. In my state if you go to a FFL to buy a gun and present your CCDW they won't run a background check on you and I'm fine with that.

SBR, SBS, Silencers: NFA items are things that the ATF/NFA has decided are way too scary to buy without sending them your fingerprints and paying them $200. If you want to buy a NFA item you must fill out a Form-4 which asks for every details about the firearm and your information (just shy of what you ate for breakfast that day), paying $200 for a tax stamp, send them your fingerprints, get a FBI background check, and wait anywhere from 6 - 12 months before you're approved. And you don't do that just one time, you do it for EVERY NFA item you want. After buying my silencer I had to pay the government $200 and wait 10 months before they finally said "Okay, you can have it". A small part of me can understand a short wait time and fingerprints for a silencer, even tho little to no crime is committed with them, but SBS/SBR drive me up a fucking wall and it's the dumbest regulation I've ever heard of. Let me show you this chart that explains the difference between a pistol, rifle, and SBR in the eyes of our government.

The guns on the left I can go out and buy today, the things on the right I need to pay $200 and wait almost a year.

3v4zjsw4l5321.jpg

If the ATF will let me make my damn rifle 6 inches shorter or make my gun quieter without taking 1/3rd my mortgage payment and making me wait a year I'll let them change how I buy and sell guns.

1 hour ago, zassou said:

only government or military organisations can own firearms, with open, detailed record for public inquiry. down to every time who and when opens the gun case. 

Absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, NO! Countries like China already have their people under such control and regulate what they do/see all they'd have to do is go to the streets armed and the people are defenseless. If we allow only the government to have weapons we've got zero defense against ourselves if they decide to take action against their citizens.

1 hour ago, zassou said:

oh and im against death penalty too

Yeah the death penalty is fucked.

I did not post any of this to spark an argument at all. People have different opinions and I think it's healthy to share them. I'm glad you took the time to respond, and hope you have a better understand of how I perceive gun ownership.

6 hours ago, zassou said:

the murika have the highest firearm related fatality and crimes and least control on them

The first part is false. We're middle of the road as far as per capita is concerned , and even then, most gun crime is gang related and tied to a few cities with excessive gun control.

Hell, there is no connection between legal gun ownership and gun violence.

hat firearm should be heavily regulated, and only be carried by active law enforcement and military personnel, only government or military organisations can own firearms

That's an opinion shared by individuals like Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jon Un, Castro, and just about every other dictator and every other tyrannical government.

tool of oppression.

Only when left exclusively to the government.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Amateur Photographer

Car enthusiast
Travel and experiencing other cultures

Nature and wildlife

Sports, mostly tennis

I got close to my ideal holiday when I went to Sri Lanka. I experienced so much culture, travelled around by minibus and tuk-tuk, took thousands of photos, saw tons of wildlife and climbed a rock formation called Sigriya.

...I didn't play tennis at the top though. Bummer ;)

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Slowly calming down with my hobbies to buy a house lol but here you go ---

Skydiving:

Got my class A license in 2018, working towards my Class B (50ish jumps and a test to go). Once I have my class B I'm starting wing suiting.

Motorcycles:

Started back in 2014 on an 09 Vulcan 1700 Lt. Crashed after 2 years and replaced it with a 2010 R1. Sold it due to getting stupid on it, replaced with a 06 VTX1300c. Sold it to put a V8 motor/trans in my wrangler. Recently bought a 06 R6 as I missed riding and my R1. Hopefully over the last 3 years I've put something other than a meat wad up in my head and don't get stupid on it again lol.

Wheeling:

Check out my build thread on the WranglerForum .. same user name. Been wheeling since 2013, got the current jeep my senior year high school back in 2015 (07 4 door wrangler on 40" tires, super-duty axles and v8 swapped motor .. build thread explains it all lmao).

Snowboarding:

Needed a winter hobby, but need a new one now as we get 1 or 2 weekends a month of good slopes anymore.

Computers/Gaming:

Recently got into this for something to do in the winter months. Looked into in mid 2016 built my first pc late 2018. Just like any other hobby I'll eventually go balls to the wall at least once and then calm down and start a new hobby. (Look for a build thread from me once PCIe 4.0 becomes more mainstream. Have some awesome ideas)

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

Other than computers I'm mostly into cars, motorcycles, and knives

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Videogame and Pokemon card collecting (and I feel like properly documenting what I have and what versions there are of certain games for example is a hobby of mine in itself).

I am also a big fan of cleaning up gaming systems and related accessories (mainly controllers and handhelds is what interest me). Modding systems is something I have been getting more into as well.

Drawing is a big hobby of mine, but you have to put in a lot of time in it (or rather you can and with the quality of artwork I want to publish; I need to work quite long on it), which means it is often a hobby that produces the least results.

Video editing is something I like too, but I don't do much.

And programming is something I like too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Travel being the obvious one I can think of. Trying to make a video in every country in the world.

lots of things extend from that - Scuba diving is a relatively recent thing I’ve picked up, video camera equipment. I also like fishkeeping, orgies and raising birds but I travel too often to have commitments.

Edit: Oh, and alcohol. Technically not a hobby but partially my job but I live and breathe trying new beers, wines, spirits. Thankfully this is fully subsidised by work.

Bouldering and Badminton mostly

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Drawing (though, need to get back into it), reading, doing puzzles (enjoy doing 1000+ jigsaw ones), watching cartoons (western and anime), hiking, the occasional board game, driving my motorcycle (needs fixing atm), and the occasional hunting (mmmm, deer meat).  Like to travel too, but that ain't cheap to do all the time (been to a few countries now, and done about three to four times across country driving in the States - long, long driving that be: east to west coast and back).

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

Videogame and Pokemon card collecting (and I feel like properly documenting what I have and what versions there are of certain games for example is a hobby of mine in itself).

Ah, a fellow card collector.  I still collect a few Pokemon cards myself (just got two Latias ones to add to my collection), not a whole lot though currently of that card game.  My main love affair of card collecting is dragons, any and all from a wide range of card games, especially the MtG ones. Still no where to even having all the dragons from MtG alone.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

40k. Warhammer 40,000 has taken my life. XD

Racing cars: heroin would be cheaper.

Music: playing (Jazz/classical) or live concerts (been on a symphony kick lately)

Newest hobby is getting into road biking to avoid commuting.

SCCA SOLO II autocrossing.

Restoring Italian sports cars

Fetish photography (I make money this way, to fund my other hobbies)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Honda CB650F 2018 variant. You a bike man yourself?

Absolutely. Had a 50cc Metropolitan for a couple years for getting around town and upgraded to a Suzuki TU250X for my first real bike. I thought about getting something bigger but it's honestly the perfect bike for me right now.

23 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Building hotrods, drag racing, collecting firearms, and deep sea fishing. Pretty simple actually. 

Deep sea fishing. You dive or fish from a boat?

15 hours ago, GeoSquigg said:

Motorcycles:

Started back in 2014 on an 09 Vulcan 1700 Lt. Crashed after 2 years and replaced it with a 2010 R1. Sold it due to getting stupid on it, replaced with a 06 VTX1300c. Sold it to put a V8 motor/trans in my wrangler. Recently bought a 06 R6 as I missed riding and my R1. Hopefully over the last 3 years I've put something other than a meat wad up in my head and don't get stupid on it again lol.

Haven't gotten brave enough for a bike that size yet. Still loving my TU250X