[2nd UPDATE: Vivo Apex 2019 out][UPDATED: Meizu Zero announced]No hole, no port phones to be announced by Meizu and Vivo

suicidalfranco
11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

At the moment no.

But with the way things are progressing it will eventually become accepted, just like people accept that batteries are no longer removable.

Someone needs to take the first step forward.

Its a step backward, and I don't think everyone accepted that batteries are no longer removable, but there really isn't much other choice because most manufacturers would rather glue on a nice looking glass back. Yet everyone I know puts a case on their phone so it won't break,making that nice looking glass backing pointless.

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

wifi...

Upload and download to cloud storage, or directly to another pc or device on the local network.

Uploading to cloud storage uses more data on a mobile plan, and over wifi can often be slower than using a wired connection to the computer.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Network transfers, from my own experiences, are almost always slower than a wired connection, plus there's issues inherent to networks like data collisions and (for wireless networks) dropped connections. Also, data caps are (unfortunately) a thing.

If you don't have good wireless coverage in your home, have data caps or live in a rural area then network transfers or using cloud storage is a complete no-go.

People living in rural areas or third world countries with crappy home wifi probably aren't looking to spend $1000 on a luxury mobile device.

I've personally never had any issues with my wifi and the gigabit speeds work excellent for moving files, which is faster than USB 2.0.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

People living in rural areas or third world countries with crappy home wifi probably aren't looking to spend $1000 on a luxury mobile device.

I've personally never had any issues with my wifi and the gigabit speeds work excellent for moving files, which is faster than USB 2.0.

I have an unreliable modem and have to rely on mesh networking to provide decent wireless coverage in my room (as well as decent Ethernet speeds for my desktop) because a single AP doesn't cut it in my home. Even those who can afford to drop a couple hundred (or even thousand) bucks on a phone every so often can have a bad, unreliable connection.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Its a step backward, and i don't think everyone accepted that batteries are no longer removable, but there really isn't much other choice because most manufacturers would rather glue on a nice looking glass back. Yet everyone I know puts a case on their phone so it won't break,making that nice looking glass backing pointless.

Exactly there is no choice.

That's how it will be for the charging port too in a few years or decades.

PS- I don't use a case on my phone and I know many other people who don't either.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Uploading to cloud storage uses more data on a mobile plan, and over wifi can often be slower than using a wired connection to the computer.

Wifi is 1gbps which is twice as fast as USB 2.0, more than enough speed for most people.

Nobody complained about USB 2 transfer speeds back when USB 3 still didn't exist.

If you're transferring files to a computer then there is no need to use a mobile plan, because the computer is literally right there on your local network.

Just now, Nowak said:

I have an unreliable modem and have to rely on mesh networking to provide decent wireless coverage in my room (as well as decent Ethernet speeds for my desktop) because a single AP doesn't cut it in my home. Even those who can afford to drop a couple hundred (or even thousand) bucks on a phone every so often can have a bad, unreliable connection.

Yeah, sorry dude but your crappy wifi isn't going to stop multi-billion dollar manufacturers from doing what they want.

It's kinda your responsibility to have a way to use the device, if not then don't buy it. Simple.

Almost everyone else has no problem using wifi to watch youtube or twitch or upload files or pictures or whatever needs to be done.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, sorry dude but your crappy wifi isn't going to stop multi-billion dollar manufacturers from doing what they want.

It's kinda your responsibility to have a way to use the device, if not then don't buy it. Simple.

Almost everyone else has no problem using wifi to watch youtube or twitch or upload files or pictures or whatever needs to be done.

My point is that even in a richer part of the world, the internet is not ready for an "entirely cloud" device.

How about Wireless USB or 60GHz to replace USB cables? If it comes with a transceiver in the box which connects to a normal usb port to your PC, and have extremely high speed wireless connection to the phone? No range issue here since it is meant to subsititude wired connection, you shouldn't be upset to put it in direct contact with the transceiver since this is not worse than plugging in a cable. They could make a super wireless USB dock which do both charging and data transfer.

33 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Exactly there is no choice.

That's how it will be for the charging port too in a few years or decades.

PS- I don't use a case on my phone and I know many other people who don't either.

Wireless charging is slower and more inconvenient to me than a wired charger, I can't use my phone if needed while its sitting on a wireless charger.

Fine if you don't use a case, though I could care less if my phone isn't a fashion accessory and I like taking care of my phone since I don't upgrade very often.

33 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Wifi is 1gbps which is twice as fast as USB 2.0, more than enough speed for most people.

Nobody complained about USB 2 transfer speeds back when USB 3 still didn't exist.

If you're transferring files to a computer then there is no need to use a mobile plan, because the computer is literally right there on your local network.

But most people don't have 1gbps wifi through the whole house, unless they have a mesh network router.  And nobody complained about USB 2.0 for transferring files to their computer because quite a few phones still had microSD slots.

8 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

And nobody complained about USB 2.0 for transferring files to their computer because quite a few phones still had microSD slots.

Also why would you complain about something when there isn't a faster option.  No one really complained about 1 minute load times before SSD's either.

Come to think about it the only time I ever complained about load times was when I was in a hurry with win 95 on 32MB ram and 5 minute load times on cassette games on the C64.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

impressions:

1. looks interesting, probably feels really smooth 

2. so is it 100% waterproof now or something?

3. so it only charges wirelessly? isnt that extremly slow?

4. wait..no buttons either? screw volume and camera buttons but no power button? how do you unlock it? double-tap only or something? what if i need a hard reset or anvanced startup option or something ?

5. so do they ship it with no accessories what so ever ? :D plot-twist the whole thing was just so they could save money on the charging cable

6. *looks at own phone* wait so does it not have speakers or mic either how you gonna call someone? bluetooth headset mandatory?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

8 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

*looks at own phone* wait so does it not have speakers or mic either how you gonna call someone? bluetooth headset mandatory?

probably is going to vibrate the screen or similar for sound.

9 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

so is it 100% waterproof now or something?

you can now take it with you when you go commerce raiding in the atlantic.(a bit too far?)

10 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

wait..no buttons either? screw volume and camera buttons but no power button? how do you unlock it? double-tap only or something? what if i need a hard reset or anvanced startup option or something ?

capacite sides and inbuilt inscreen fingerprint reader? face unlock?

1 hour ago, CUDAcores89 said:

I mean MAYBE for buttons, SD cards, and headphone jacks. 

But what about a charging port?

Wireless charging is veeery slow compared to charging through a cable. I just don't think I can ever imagine using a phone with only wireless charging.

Don't forget, its also highly inefficient (aka there is a reason for the high wattage).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Apparently the future in manufacturers' eyes is paperweights with crippled functionality. Who would've guessed?

6 hours ago, Nowak said:

My point is that even in a richer part of the world, the internet is not ready for an "entirely cloud" device.

First of all, it's not 'entirely cloud', all the processing and storage is still onboard.

It's not like cloud gaming where the servers are all online and you need an internet connection constantly.

You only need internet to transfer files, which is not hard to do in 2019.

5 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Wireless charging is slower and more inconvenient to me than a wired charger, I can't use my phone if needed while its sitting on a wireless charger.

Fine if you don't use a case, though I could care less if my phone isn't a fashion accessory and I like taking care of my phone since I don't upgrade very often.

But most people don't have 1gbps wifi through the whole house, unless they have a mesh network router.

Most people certainly do have a router made in the past 5-10 years.

You don't need any kind of mesh network.

PS- wireless charging works through a case.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Nowak said:

Based on how my Anne Pro 2 keyboard randomly lags the HECK out, gets stuck repeating a letter, forgets how to keyboard or stops working altogether while I have it connected over Bluetooth whereas it's 100% flawless when connected over a USB-C cable, nty. You'd have to be actually insane to think that Bluetooth is stable enough to replace a wired connection!

Give me ports! Give me options! Taking them away for the sake of "pushing us forward" just makes everything infinitely more inconvenient for us.

That sounds more like a garbage keyboard than specifically a Bluetooth problem. I've been using wireless mice and keyboards for two decades and never had a problem -- and I'm certainly not the only one in that camp.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Can't wait for everyone to forget this phone existed and claim Apple did it first when they eventually get to this point. *cough* essential started the notch *cough*

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Not surprising to see this, eventually phones will be wireless only with maybe pogo pins heh. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This is the future steve jobs envisioned.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I'll go against the grain on this one, I love this idea as long as it's IP67 or better. 

Wireless charging is awesome, and data exchanges can be made with NFC and/or wifi. The only drawback is more expensive bluetooth headphones, and I'll take that trade for a waterproof and dust proof phone. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'll go against the grain on this one, I love this idea as long as it's IP67 or better. 

Wireless charging is awesome, and data exchanges can be made with NFC and/or wifi. The only drawback is more expensive bluetooth headphones, and I'll take that trade for a waterproof and dust proof phone. 

The Galaxy S5 was ip67 certified, just saying 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

The Galaxy S5 was ip67 certified, just saying 

Yup, I had one too. :D 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

Yup, I had one too. :D 

A true no compromise phone.

too bad they don't make them like it anymore

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, 79wjd said:

That sounds more like a garbage keyboard than specifically a Bluetooth problem. I've been using wireless mice and keyboards for two decades and never had a problem -- and I'm certainly not the only one in that camp.

It's not the only Bluetooth keyboard I've used that's had issues over Bluetooth.

10 minutes ago, Nowak said:

It's not the only Bluetooth keyboard I've used that's had issues over Bluetooth.

Buy less garbage.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

Buy less garbage.

Anne Pro 2 isn't garbage?