Air Cooler Question?

joe_ollie909

Hey guys, I currently have a NOCTUA D15 installed in my PC, in the offset position on my 7800X3D the fan clip on the fan to the right touches my GPU backplate putting slight pressure on it. 

It's really bugging me, I am thinking of swapping it back to the AM4 position, would this effect performance much? I was also thinking of swapping the cooler to the ThermalRight Phantom SE if that would make sense? 

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

51 minutes ago, joe_ollie909 said:

would this effect performance

Yes

51 minutes ago, joe_ollie909 said:

much?

No

56 minutes ago, joe_ollie909 said:

swapping the cooler to the ThermalRight Phantom SE if that would make sense?

If you hadn't already bought the D15S, sure. But they are very similar in performance so not much point in sidegrading. 

57 minutes ago, joe_ollie909 said:

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Honestly, it's probably fine. I'd recommend trying to get past the annoyance. If you can't, I'd recommend using some pliers and bending that fan clip just a bit so it's no longer in any sort of contact with the backplate

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

21 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Honestly, it's probably fine. I'd recommend trying to get past the annoyance. If you can't, I'd recommend using some pliers and bending that fan clip just a bit so it's no longer in any sort of contact with the backplate

This is a great idea. I will give this a go!