FrozenCPU Closing Down (?)

0fVcGbC.jpg

Update 2/16: Site down until further notice

Buried halfway down the page of FrozenCPU.com is a news section saying:

Site down until further notice

February 15, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be processing orders until future notice.

Of course the site isn't down and you can still add stuff to your cart, but it will not let you checkout. It's a good start? Still confusing to anyone that doesn't know what's going on, but it would at least prompt them to look it up.

Update 2/13: 

Apparently, Primochill has now bailed on FrozenCPU.  Taken from Primochill's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Primochill/136960116387865

After hearing from Mark earlier this week, we had high hopes that FrozenCPU would recover from whatever hardship occurred. However, we have not received any further indication that this is happening anytime in the near future. This is definitely a hard hit to the community and the industry. We have so much compassion for all affected. Although we have the utmost respect for FrozenCPU, we also are concerned for our customers and resellers that have been derailed by this situation and are desperately looking for our products.

In response to this, we have decided to re-open our online shop for end users, and will again start accepting new reseller applications shortly. We will be working day and night to get the website functional as soon as possible. Your patience during this time is much appreciated.

The loss of Frozen CPU is the end of the Era and we will all miss the great contributions that they made to the computer modification industry.

Since there's still no official word from FrozenCPU, I think this needs to be done. For each day that passes, FrozenCPU generates $0 and essentially holds everyone's money in limbo. 

In sort of related news, Primochill looks to open it's own store:

BcKsvVf.png

Update 2/12: "This is the real deal"

Hey guys. I have had private discussions with folks close to the matter. For the sake of their privacy as well as Mark Frigas, I wont comment on details, just know that this is the real deal... and no, Mark isnt in jail (but should be). Addiction is a bitch, and this is likely a blow that FCPU will have a hard time recovering from. 

Bottomline, I have no reason to suspect that my order will be filled. I will wait 10 days, then file claim to get my $12 back

I know it must be hard for Mark to come out and make an official statement, but the site should not be online and it should not be accepting new orders. I'm sure there is still a huge population of people unaware and happily placing expensive orders and this is just going to leave an even bigger headache to fix later.

If the site is working again within a year, I'll be glad; if not, we can still move on.

Source:

http://jayztwocents.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1197&start=25#p10711

Update 2/11: Deleted/cached thread, pictures surface

The original source link has been deleted, but people are reposting and sharing screenshots of the thread and pictures of a trashed office. There are several mixed responses from "previous employees" who are saying this was normal/expected behavior of the owner and others who are appalled at the working conditions. Still nothing that seems remotely official from FrozenCPU themselves.

Current shipments still seem to be stuck at the "Packaging" stage; overnight/next day shipments haven't left. I still recommend holding off on putting in an order until the situation gets sorted out.

Jayztwocents ordered something from them fto see whats going to happen with the package but he's updating on that on his Tweeter account and he shows his invoice there too.

It's all automated up to the packing phase. I'm going to contact my CC again tomorrow to get a refund if it don't ship out tomorrow, seeing the Pictures, even if it doesnt close it will be a long while before it's back to normal.

if anyone want to follow's jayz's "journey" here you go http://jayztwocents.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1197&p=10443#p10443

Update 2/10: Not closing doors?

We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity.

This isn't a very official announcement; I'd like to see some kind of statement from FrozenCPU themselves on their website. Until then, this whole situation is still confusing as heck. I don't think/expect "skeleton crew" means business comes to a complete stop.

Sources:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/308324-frozencpu-not-shutting-its-doors-mark-friga-owner-of-frozen-cpu/ thanks @ahhming

http://hardocp.com/news/2015/02/10/frozencpu_shutting_its_doors

I'm essentially copy/pasting from overclock.net:

..The owner has struggled a long battle with addiction, and events that unfolded earlier last week have rendered the company unoperational and shut down for good. Physical damage of the warehouse has occurred as well as the dismissal of all support and warehouse staff; the company has no plans of re-establishing themselves..

..Some users have already caught on to this fact after their UPS Overnights were not delivered today. Since all staff has been fired, nobody is updating the website to inform the loyal community about the closure, nor has anyone taken steps to shut the website down..
 Yeah, this is confirmed. Not sure what's going to happen now, but we have confirmed that Frozen CPU is out of business.

It looks as though current orders are not shipping and future orders might never be processed.

It saddens me because I knew nothing of these internal problems and I had always recommended FrozenCPU as the first place to look for water cooling supplies. Without that knowledge, it seems so sudden to lose their great service and quality products. I don't know of too many other outlets that specialize in water cooling components.

Edit:

Maybe you should add this to the OP.

Basically this is Jay's take on the subject, he is pretty sure the info about FrozenCPU going out of business is pretty legit, he has been keeping up with threads about the subject and even trying to contact the company and contacts he has with it. Also, he talked to the owner of PerformancePCs, who confirmed he is not going to rise prices of any products as an exploit to this situation, they are going to keep charging the same and they have their prices already fixed; no monkey business.

Sources: 

1. http://www.overclock.net/t/1540656/insider-frozencpu-shuts-its-doors/0_100

2. http://www.overclock.net/t/1540656/insider-frozencpu-shuts-its-doors/100_100#post_23526222

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Add OC3D as a source too, if I can find it again I'll link it

Edit found:
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cases_cooling/frozencpu_reportedly_closes_its_doors/1

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

sad-crying-l.png

But in all seriousness, that truly sucks.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I WAS going to order abunch of stuff from them, but never mind I guess...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Wow, this really sucks :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

God fucking damn it. They had good prices on shit I was gonna buy. :(

Sad to see them go.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would like to have a moment of silence for those that have probably lost money due to this shut down.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Thats unfortunate for the owner and employees, as well as the people who are now sitting on orders that might never show up. Its weird to just close down doors like that, no bankruptcy or liquidation; just ending. 

My stuff which should have been shipped yesterday hasn't shipped so this is why. Sucks, loved the frozencpu team and the service was excellent, 

anyone know of anyway i can get my money back? since no staff are left in the company I'm assuming no.

Either you're master race or you're not.

My stuff which should have been shipped yesterday hasn't shipped so this is why. Sucks, loved the frozencpu team and the service was excellent, 

anyone know of anyway i can get my money back? since no staff are left in the company I'm assuming no.

Contact whoever you paid with (eg. bank) and tell them a business you ordered from closed down, and you'd like them to cancel the payment / get a refund

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

D: i just ordered stuff from them like 3 days ago and got an email saying they finished the processing of my order but havent recieved a shipping confirmation.. this blow major monkey nutz as i had plans to buy a bunch of water cooling stuff from them.... guess i need to find a new source.

So, what should be my new vendor for water-cooling equipment and the like? Frozencpu was my family's go-to site for this stuff for a long, long time!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

D: i just ordered stuff from them like 3 days ago and got an email saying they finished the processing of my order but havent recieved a shipping confirmation.. this blow major monkey nutz as i had plans to buy a bunch of water cooling stuff from them.... guess i need to find a new source.

same as me, got a email yesterday morning that it was being shipped out but never received an email for tracking and such sucks so much

Either you're master race or you're not.

i guess @spwath is out of a job

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Fucking rip new computer

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

same as me, got a email yesterday morning that it was being shipped out but never received an email for tracking and such sucks so much

im gunna be optimistic about this. i dont think they will stay down for long. i have this gut feeling that this is only temporary and someone will being opening the doors again and get things moving along...