FrozenCPU Closing Down (?)

lets buy it and rename it to LTTC-Cpus (linus tech tips community Cpus

I wonder if we could start a kickstarter to buy it...

IDK, im not a business owner...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I wonder if we could start a kickstarter to buy it...

IDK, im not a business owner...

Go make that kickstarter. ill take over! only 16 but i basically own my parent's business as i handle lots of the legal stuff :)   but don't ill just tarnish the name.

Either you're master race or you're not.

Go make that kickstarter. ill take over! only 16 but i basically own my parent's business as i handle lots of the legal stuff :)   but don't ill just tarnish the name.

Would it actually work?

Could i become the owner of frozencpu?

That would be cool...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why own a shipwreck when you can create your own?

cuz that shipwreck holds many memories. #SavageTheRemains

Why own a shipwreck when you can create your own?

People want the old one.

And, its fine, a warehouse all ready for a business, filled with water cooling parts.

Its already established.

That's crazy! I bought all of my water cooling stuff from them.

Guess we will have to start ordering stuff from performance pcs or from EK themselves .

performance pc 's customer service is lacking, and not everything is made by EK, so that just rules out a lot of stuff.

performance pc 's customer service is lacking, and not everything is made by EK, so that just rules out a lot of stuff.

What issues have you had with Performance PC's?  

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

This really sucks, what outlets are left for the more boutique needs of the water cooling enthusiast? I only know of Performance PC. 

Damn. When something like this happens, we lose a big part of the PC building community. I feel for everyone who lost their jobs as part of this.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

What issues have you had with Performance PC's?  

my first order had a issue and it took quite a while for them to get back to be, and no it was not a weekend. 

my first order had a issue and it took quite a while for them to get back to be, and no it was not a weekend. 

Should have called, much faster results :) . Had a problem with my shipping one time when I placed an order, I thought I had changed it to my new address, but after I ordered, I found out that they were shipping it to my old address. I contacted them by phone and after 10 minutes it was fixed and on its way to my new address :) .

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I recently ordered a motherboard tray and it was scratched.. emailed them and they told me to send it back for a replacement. good thing they didnt give me the things to ship it out yet.. or I might not have a motherboard tray :P

I recently ordered a motherboard tray and it was scratched.. emailed them and they told me to send it back for a replacement. good thing they didnt give me the things to ship it out yet.. or I might not have a motherboard tray :P

the fact that they even asked you to send it back for a replacement means that the employees didn't even see this coming. total complete mystery and just dropped like a nuke

the fact that they even asked you to send it back for a replacement means that the employees didn't even see this coming. total complete mystery and just dropped like a nuke

Maybe something happened to the owner and the company was shut down immediately? Iunno.. but this really did drop like a nuke..

Maybe something happened to the owner and the company was shut down immediately? Iunno.. but this really did drop like a nuke..

that's what's being speculated. but no other employee except for the one on overclock.net has said anything.

Maybe you should add this to the OP.

Basically this is Jay's take on the subject, he is pretty sure the info about FrozenCPU going out of business is pretty legit, he has been keeping up with threads about the subject and even trying to contact the company and contacts he has with it. Also, he talked to the owner of PerformancePCs, who confirmed he is not going to rise prices of any products as an exploit to this situation, they are going to keep charging the same and they have their prices already fixed; no monkey business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw6LKjH-59U

NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh well, at least we still have performance-pcs...

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Update: according to http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851830&page=4

Quote:

EDIT: We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity.

Update: according to http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851830&page=4

Quote:

EDIT: We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity.

plus1, just read this too at HardOCP. 

And this from Gabe. 

Hello all,

I need to officially retract any statements with respect to Frozen CPU closing down made by our rep here. We have no official information in that respect. I do apologize for any confusion on the part of our rep, which was caused by an informal conversation we had and that should have never been publicly disclosed.

The truth of the matter is this: nobody except Frozen CPU insiders really know what happened, and I for one have been unable to contact any such insiders.

All I can hope is that this could be a temporarily thing, and if it is not, then I am personally saddened by the news.

Gabriel Rouchon
Chairman & CEO, Swiftech.

read this news on OCN, and i though it was just a joke, but damnnn this is really sad. i never order from them, but i already got a list of items i'm gonna import from them,including shipping cost, etc, if i wanna get into water cooling world. and now.... such a big reputation just gone waste

an update from HardForum!, that sounds good, i hope this is true, and they got back in normal shape.