Sony Confirms It's Working On PS5

Shreyas1

So basically sony said that they are working on a PS4 succesor.

At this point, what I can say is it's necessary to have a next-generation hardware," Kenichiro Yoshida told the Financial Times on Monday.

He didn't give a sense of the form the next PlayStation might take, but FT sources suggested it wouldn't be a major departure from the PS4 and that its fundamental architecture would be similar.

Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for further comment.

Rumors hint that it may be a tablet ( like the switch maybe ? ) and Sony may be waiting for 5g to become more widespread to enhance downloads.

It also looks to be backwards compatible, which is nice as the PS4 isn't and it would be cool to play PS4 games on the new console.

It's supposed to come out in 2021 which is too long IMO, seeing as the new Xbox will be coming out in 2020.

They also said to not call it the "PS5" which I feel indicates that this may just be another refresh, or maybe just a mobile version of the PS4 with some enhanced hardware.

Source: https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-says-playstation-4-successor-is-coming-but-doesnt-call-it-ps5-yet/

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

If Sony makes their own Switch, I'mma have to pass. The Switch is a god awful console because it tries to be both a home console and a handheld and does neither all that well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Cool, but I really don't care TBH. lol

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Well, I am having a hard time getting to use my PS4, when I have a PC that does the same stuff, just better. If I want couch gaming, I just stream it and use the PS4 controller. So,... guess I am not looking forward to this too much. Would take a huge plot twist to make a console worth it nowadays.

Really, the possibility to just stream my PC to the living room killed consoles for me in a heartbeat.

I spend way more time playing games on the Switch tho. At least Nintendo has fun games that are actually better on a console. PS and XBOX just don't for some reason.

Now make one compatible with all games all the way back to PS1

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

11 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

If Sony makes their own Switch, I'mma have to pass. The Switch is a god awful console because it tries to be both a home console and a handheld and does neither all that well.

The Switch does both pretty well actually. 

1 minute ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

At least Nintendo has fun games that are actually better on a console. PS and XBOX just don't for some reason.

As kind of a PS owner (my gf owns it), this is very subjective. While Switch has Bayonetta and Zelda for which I might actually buy the switch, which are the only interesting games for me, for PS I own Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, God of War and Uncharted 4. All amazing games. For me personally, the only reason to buy a console are the exclusives. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

If Sony makes their own Switch, I'mma have to pass. 

You mean PSP/Vita? Sony won't go into handheld, they abandoned mobile gaming long time ago and iirc said they aren't interested in it. Which really is sad. 

I have both and they are just collecting dust, and have been for long time. 

Just now, JoeyDM said:

The Switch does both pretty well actually. 

No, it doesn't. Owning it, it's worse as a portable console than the 3DS and the PS Vita, and it doesn't have the power to allow it to do what can be done with the PS4 or XBOne. The joycons are shit, touchscreen isn't all that accurate and not that useful in games.

9 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

At least Nintendo has fun games that are actually better on a console.

IMO every Nintendo made game on the Switch so far has sucked.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

You mean PSP/Vita?

No, a lousy attempt to do both a Vita and a home console in the same unit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, a lousy attempt to do both a Vita and a home console in the same unit.

They won't, no need to worry.  

When he was asked about the approach Nintendo had taken with the Switch, Kodera’s predecessor Andrew House said that PlayStation would be taking a different approach as he didn’t think there was a great deal of potential in the handheld market for Sony. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

They won't, no need to worry.  Scrap it, I forgot what their boss said

Hopefully, if anything, there will be a PS5 and a mobile counterpart that's basically a PS Vita-ified PS4 with a better grip and no proprietary storage.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Hopefully, if anything, there will be a PS5 and a mobile counterpart that's basically a PS Vita-ified PS4 with a better grip and no proprietary storage.

I edited my response. If they go for mobile, pls let it be 2 different consoles/devices. 

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

They won't, no need to worry.  

So wiiu then, tablet controller

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

That wouldn't be a horrible idea, if they execute it as well as it was on the WiiU as a bare minimum.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

As kind of a PS owner (my gf owns it), this is very subjective. While Switch has Bayonetta and Zelda for which I might actually buy the switch, which are the only interesting games for me, for PS I own Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, God of War and Uncharted 4. All amazing games. For me personally, the only reason to buy a console are the exclusives. 

Honestly , I wish exclusives were not a thing. I am a great fan of the games that Naughty dog produces such as the Uncharted series but it would not make sense to purchase a PS4 for it. I'd buy one but would just end up selling it after playing the games that interest me which is just dumb in my opinion

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Just now, Arika S said:

That might be the worst thing ever to be produced, maybe even worse than my old Rambo console.

Just now, Blackie Sheen said:

Honestly , I wish exclusives were not a thing. I am a great fan of the games that Naughty dog produces such as the Uncharted series but it would not make sense to purchase a PS4 for it. I'd buy one but would just end up selling it after playing the games that interest me which is just dumb in my opinion

You and me both. But it is what it is, sadly. 

They can't make it both a tablet and backwards compatible, there won't be anywhere to put the discs.

Also with things moving towards 4K, I can't see them going down the tablet route. AAA games in 4K, at 60FPS, is going to be be a big ask for tablet sized devices for some years yet. I guess a portable PS5-mini, that can run the same games as PS5-fullsize, just at 1080p instead, could be a way to cover all bases with one platform. Though if it remains x86 based battery life could be problematic.