Sony Confirms It's Working On PS5

Shreyas1
2 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

AAA games in 4K, at 60FPS, is going to be be a big ask for tablet sized devices for some years yet.

It will most probably be a problem for full sized consoles as well, as long as they want to keep them affordable. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

You and me both. But it is what it is, sadly. 

The great first party games are like loss leaders for Sony to get people to buy into the platform. Personally I still play everything other than exclusives on PC but if current gen gpu prices become the norm I'll be done with PC gaming once my GTX 970 craps out.

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

They can't make it both a tablet and backwards compatible, there won't be anywhere to put the discs.

They can if it's just B/C with downloaded software, like how all PS3s can play PS1 games now. Or like Nintendo's Virtual Console.

Or they can add a disk reader to the tablet.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

just at 1080p instead, could be a way to cover all bases with one platform.

Or 720p.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Blackie Sheen said:

Honestly , I wish exclusives were not a thing. I am a great fan of the games that Naughty dog produces such as the Uncharted series but it would not make sense to purchase a PS4 for it. I'd buy one but would just end up selling it after playing the games that interest me which is just dumb in my opinion

exactly my thinking.

Exclusives are the only reason Consoles still exist, so they are not gonna go anywhere. sony and Microsoft won't stop spending insane money on games to make them exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

exactly my thinking.

Exclusives are the only reason Consoles still exist, so they are not gonna go anywhere. sony and Microsoft won't stop spending insane money on games to make them exclusive.

I know that too well...

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

24 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

IMO every Nintendo made game on the Switch so far has sucked.

You didn't like Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey? There has been some disappointments for sure but those two seem pretty popular.

On Topic: I agree with whoever said they were making PS5 almost straight away. They've only just announced that they're working on the new console but I suspect they have been working on it for a while now, especially if it's a 2019 or 2020 announcement.

7 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

You didn't like Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey?

BotW became super repetitive and wasn't that interesting from the get go for me, and IMO, 3D Mario games just suck.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

BotW became super repetitive and wasn't that interesting from the get go for me, and IMO, 3D Mario games just suck.

Well the switch has sold extremely well and the reviews for those games are very high so you are an outlier tbh. 

1 hour ago, Gullerback said:

in other news the sky is blue.    These companies are prob working on the next console a day after the new one releases.. its just business.

They are working on the next console PS6 before they release PS5 not a day after lol.

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

That might be the worst thing ever to be produced, maybe even worse than my old Rambo console.

I actually liked the tablet controller idea, wasn't implemented in the best way, but to have all the processing power in the console and still play hand-held was pretty useful

There's just so much more they could have done with it 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Would take a huge plot twist to make a console worth it nowadays.

You let your kids, nephews/nieces or younger cousins touch your PC with their grimy unwashed hands?  Nope.  drop a console for them to infect with their germs and snot laced fingers, and keep their mitts off my screens!

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

Rumors hint that it may be a tablet ( like the switch maybe ? ) and Sony may be waiting for 5g to become more widespread to enhance downloads.

There was a mobile game console featured in Spider-Man.

It looks like that other Thing with AMD Ryzen embedded.

Right now its possible to get something like the PS4 with similar performance in 15-25W

But it might be expensive because of HBM2...

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

It also looks to be backwards compatible, which is nice as the PS4 isn't and it would be cool to play PS4 games on the new console.

Yeah, that wasn't really an option due to the weird architecture of the PS3.

They either had to increase the cost and add the PS3 Hardware or nothing at all. They opted for nothing at all because it would tank sales...

As for Multi Plattform games: Just get them on Xbox 360 if no PC Version is available. Get a PC version if possible.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

17 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

You let your kids, nephews/nieces or younger cousins touch your PC with their grimy unwashed hands?  Nope.  drop a console for them to infect with their germs and snot laced fingers, and keep their mitts off my screens!

Ha! Touchè.

That is possibly the best selling point for consoles I have heard in a decade.

Funny, but also sad lol

17 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Sometime it's just shocking how bad kids are with hygiene, even worse when it's near my stuff!

Based on the prior leaks wrt AMD this definitely seems like PS5, cant imagine even Sony has the hubris to try the PS4 Pro Deluxe

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, that wasn't really an option due to the weird architecture of the PS3.

They either had to increase the cost and add the PS3 Hardware or nothing at all. They opted for nothing at all because it would tank sales...

Yeah I think you might have been the one the explained the weird PS3 architecture to me, it was weird like 7 or 8 core specific Power-PC CPU? So then this didn't allow very easy backwards compatibility because it was such unique hardware? Interesting choice from Sony.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Wow, its almost like Sony likes to earn money.

Noone could have seen this one coming

Truly, Sony is a masterful company. 

Who knows these days, I mean Microsoft when from the Xbox 360, back to the One. Maybe we could a PlayStationOne...again? Still don't understand that naming scheme smh

i practically stopped playing with my PS the moment i bought the steam link when it was on sale for 5€ (not really the instant it arrived, had some ups and downs while trying to adapt to the steam controller, that took me a while)

Now it's basically my go to when i want to play, prefer it even over staying at the desk. Went from playing warframe and poe occasionally on weekends to beat torchlight 1 and 2, started (and finished!) a couple of campaigns in Civ6, advancing in Tiranny and got to finally beat Brothers, the first game i bought when i discovered TB's channel. All this in the past two months.

Frankly from sony i'd be more interested in another handheld cause i'm that guy that is still playing with the Vita when not at home or commuting. Don't even have to try hard, i'd be content with a portable device that has instant access to all PS2 games without the need of remastering them.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Working on another console =/= PS5

Could be that switch competitor rumored in the Nintendo thread but the guy called it next generation hardware which sounds more like a PS5 than a new playstation portable

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Based on the prior leaks wrt AMD this definitely seems like PS5, cant imagine even Sony has the hubris to try the PS4 Pro Deluxe

Why not do both? ;)

Make a PS4 PRO Deluxe and call it PS5?

The difference is:

The Software for this new PS4 PRO DELUXE will not be backwards compatible.

29 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Could be that switch competitor rumored in the Nintendo thread but the guy called it next generation hardware which sounds more like a PS5 than a new playstation portable

It can  be both, as mentioned above.

A Ryzen 2700U based solution with HBM2 would be in the are of the PS4, mobile and features next gen hardware, wouldn't you agree? ;)

2 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah I think you might have been the one the explained the weird PS3 architecture to me, it was weird like 7 or 8 core specific Power-PC CPU? So then this didn't allow very easy backwards compatibility because it was such unique hardware? Interesting choice from Sony.

The PS3 would have been awesome with 7 or 8 Power PC CPUs.

Sadly the PPEs are special units that are not great for gaming and more in the direction of a GPU. And thus it was rumored that Sony planned to use the PPE as a GPU...

And those also had 256k local SRAM Memory...

And also lead to some institutions to order tons of PS3 and use those as a Super Computer instead of the IBM Card...

16 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why not do both? ;)

Make a PS4 PRO Deluxe and call it PS5?

The difference is:

The Software for this new PS4 PRO DELUXE will not be backwards compatible.

It can  be both, as mentioned above.

A Ryzen 2700U based solution with HBM2 would be in the are of the PS4, mobile and features next gen hardware, wouldn't you agree? ;)

If they call it the PS4 Pro Deluxe and it's not compaitble it's still effectively the playstation 5. im not here to argue over what they name it.

I very much doubt they would put anything with HBM2 into a consumer device and I do not believe they would make a switch competitor that was a PS5. Sony will keep their mobile line seperate

cool, 

truly unexpected /s

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs