Apple’s £999 iPhone X is ‘enormously UNDERPRICED’, says Warren Buffet

The_Tron
1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

-snip-

True. The guy is so rich he has no perspective, he may very well think that a loaf of bread costs 10$. He owns 56 billion (which can be considered infinite money), that is unreal. What is 1000$ right? 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

2 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

So, basically youve got nothing to back up your position with but a meme. Thought so.

Basicly yes. 
Same reason i dont start talking to the wall.

You missed the point completly twice, so why should i waste effort trying to explain when you clearly not willing to read.
Im sorry but my time is to valuable for that.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

Senility is kicking in big time.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

How did he become so rich while being so stupid?

You guys are freakin' hilarious, thanks for the laugh ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, S w a t s o n said:

That's not what he is saying at all, he's saying the utility and effective addiction to smartphones including iPhones means thats people would not be able to live without one and would pay more if forced to. In that regard it's underpriced, except that he admits there is competition.

I'm sure warren buffet of all people realizes that apple is not a luxury brand, by definition when you are the most popular phone model on earth and millions upon millions are sold each year to the masses, you are NOT a luxury product. I'm also pretty sure that if Apple did decide to start charging 10k a phone the margins would not outweigh the massive drop in sales, but he is not saying Apple should do that because he is aware of the competition.

Yeeaa. with the context of the iPhone X.

He is not saying that without a smartphone you can't live anymore, and therefore it should cost a trillion dollar each. You'll always have cheaper, as someone will make one, and ignoring that if no one has access (can't buy one) to one, no one will know what it is, and therefore has no value.

If I show you a machine of the size of the watch that can teleport you anywhere you want and smart enough to be time and space aware and has correction for that (you won't end up in the middle of a tree, or lamp post, or building, or wet cement, and I show you working, and say/.. hey you want to buy one? I xillion dollar and 99 cent, but wait! There is more! If you order one in the next 15min I'll include this garlic chopper!!! (just pay separate shipping and handling), you'll like 'meh.. while cool and all, and could make billions by destroying the transportation industry where manufacture can now teleports the good that they have made instantly to stores, kill public transport, kill any means of transportation... you'll be like.. well a xillion dollar is a tad difficult to get, I'll pass. And there you go, you get to live without it. Even if you tried it for 30 days.

Apple is a luxury brand for the masses. Anyone that is wants to show that they are important, successful, rich, has a premium iPhone model without a protective case. You don't see rich show offers driving a Lamborghini with some ZTE smartphone in their hand.

I'm not surprised of their behavior, it should almost be expected at this point.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

1999.99 iPhone coming soon

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Also to everyone calling Buffet stupid. This made has made billions on billions of dollars from investing.

Warren is not stupid, the idiots who follow the lifestyle of a billionaire who has shares in a company that he is pushing are the stupid fanboys.

Bolivia.

Who was the last supper successful person was down to earth and knew what it was like to be an average joe working class person? Certainly not Warren Buffet. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If a car didn't have power windows today, people would be upset and wonder why. 

My car would have power windows disguised as a crank. Kicker: You have to crank it two full revolutions before it activates. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

40 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yeeaa. with the context of the iPhone X.

He is not saying that without a smartphone you can't live anymore, and therefore it should cost a trillion dollar each. You'll always have cheaper, as someone will make one, and ignoring that if no one has access (can't buy one) to one, no one will know what it is, and therefore has no value.

If I show you a machine of the size of the watch that can teleport you anywhere you want and smart enough to be time and space aware and has correction for that (you won't end up in the middle of a tree, or lamp post, or building, or wet cement, and I show you working, and say/.. hey you want to buy one? I xillion dollar and 99 cent, but wait! There is more! If you order one in the next 15min I'll include this garlic chopper!!! (just pay separate shipping and handling), you'll like 'meh.. while cool and all, and could make billions by destroying the transportation industry where manufacture can now teleports the good that they have made instantly to stores, kill public transport, kill any means of transportation... you'll be like.. well a xillion dollar is a tad difficult to get, I'll pass. And there you go, you get to live without it. Even if you tried it for 30 days.

Apple is a luxury brand for the masses. Anyone that is wants to show that they are important, successful, rich, has a premium iPhone model without a protective case. You don't see rich show offers driving a Lamborghini with some ZTE smartphone in their hand.

He literally said he would rather lose the plane. Thats pretty much implies you can't live anymore, i think most people would agree in general that you can't live in the first world without a smartphone unless you're like 60+ already.

Luxury for the masses is an oxymoron, they are on the upper end price of the spectrum but they are not luxury.

There is nothing special about the $1k iPhone X v the $1k Note 9, they are both expensive phones but neither of them are a true luxury.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Id rather be liked by the majority of the population and hated by a small percent then the latter. 

What's popular isn't always right, and what's right isn't always popular. :P

For those trying to say that Buffet wasn't actually saying they were underpriced, from the CNBC article:

He also called the iPhone "enormously underpriced," saying that it's worth far more than the $1,000 Apple charges.

So, he literally called it "enormously underpriced".

Once a phone is pass the 3 digits NO one would buy it.... simply no average consumers.... After the totally lack of new features these days The cheaper 300$ phones will do just fine...  

4 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Once a phone is pass the 3 digits NO one would buy it.... simply no average consumers.... After the totally lack of new features these days The cheaper 300$ phones will do just fine...  

" No one would buy it "

My friends

Apple fans

Youtubers

42 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Warren is not stupid, the idiots who follow the lifestyle of a billionaire who has shares in a company that he is pushing are the stupid fanboys.

If someone likes someone of course theyre going to try to replicate their lifestyle. Its like those people who do CEO morning routines just so that they can try to be like their favourite CEOs. Im sure theres someone you look up to that you try to replicate.

27 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

What's popular isn't always right, and what's right isn't always popular. :P

Im not saying its right, Im saying its outright idiotic to call a large portion of the population stupid for liking a certain product. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Basicly yes. 
Same reason i dont start talking to the wall.

You missed the point completly twice, so why should i waste effort trying to explain when you clearly not willing to read.
Im sorry but my time is to valuable for that.

I just want to know how commenting on peoples' purchasing habits is tantamount to racism still.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

you won't end up in the middle of a tree, or lamp post, or building, or wet cement

I hate it whenever i get stuck in tress when I'm teleporting.

How much did you say it was again?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Then what about the cheap $100-200 phones that can literally do exactly the same as the iPhone but a little slower and worse quality? They should be worth 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

He is saying that, for some people, a smartphone has as much utility as, say, a car. But the phone doesn't cost as much as a car because of competition.

Just buy itTM

2 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

That's not what he is saying at all, he's saying the utility and effective addiction to smartphones including iPhones means thats people would not be able to live without one and would pay more if forced to.

I think what he's saying is:

Warren Buffet owns around $56billion (£43billion) in Apple shares

9 minutes ago, Leonsst said:

He is saying that, for some people, a smartphone has as much utility as, say, a car. But the phone doesn't cost as much as a car because of competition.

There are plenty of car brands... phones cost less than cars because they cost far less to make than a car does

the real luxury in life is realizing sub 500$ phones are the real flagships. anything above is sprinkles, and tbh a good cake doesnt need sprinkles

3 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

" No one would buy it "

My friends

Apple fans

Youtubers

if the following part I said simply no avg consumers... would buy it... 

I feel like a few people missed his point. He’s saying that the wealthy could (and would) pay high amounts for the ‘highest-end’ phone.

One of the few things that are unaffected by the wealth gap are smartphones. 

Eh I would pay more for an iPhone if they released a higher end model. I would probably tap out at 1500 USD though.