I wanna become a logo/Graphics designer?? BUT CANT DRAW ?‍♂️

WolfLoverPro

Ok so I don’t mean as a full time job but I mean spare time hobby 

I’m just into logo designing BUT I CANT DRAW for shit 

i have always wanted to be a good drawer but not matter how much I try everyday I don’t get better maybe I was born with the ability not to learn to draw at least it seems like it to me ? 

Idk anyone can give me any tips 

what should I start learning first ? 

Or or is it literally learn to draw and that’s it ??

Practice with basic shapes first: circles, squares, triangles, etc. Then proceed to doing those in three dimensions. It is not fun stuff to draw, but helps to get the hang of those shapes, as one can use those as a framework to do larger more detailed drawings.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

10 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Funny thing is even her kid drawings are probably better than if I try hard LOL 

i think its just if your born born to be able to draw

I want to become a male underwear model but I am a fat tub of shit: Don't get me wrong there's a bit of a market for that but it's extremely limited.

I suspect the same is for graphic designers who can't draw, but as in the analogy there's probably a few limitations you can overcome with a lot of practice and a lot of help.

So keep drawing, look up tutorials, ask for help, cheers!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lynda.com , start there. or better yet there are free ones on YouTube. kinda an ad riddled nuisance but you'll get the proper info nevertheless.

Details separate people.

16 hours ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

aI9xDXD.jpg

The initial circles you drew are at slightly different angles than the finished owl, and would therefore provide a different perspective

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Drawing/Sketching is often not required for logo designs. You should be well proficient with Adobe Illustrator though. Most logos are typo or mixed logos with some typo and added elements. The rarest kind are full on figurative logos without any typo. Even those can be created by tracing some stock picture and then by modding the paths. If you can't do that either you should really try out some sketching courses. It is a skill that can be learned. If that doesn't work either … accept that there are things that just don't work out for you. Heck, I'd love to be an astronaut but I'm neither in the medical shape nor of the right profession to be one.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Digital logo  design can be done by entering a lot of numbers to add effects to things, such as vector logos. You don't even have to be good at freehanding with a mouse, just use easier tools like lines and curves.

"Shashabooey" - Po

9 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Drawing/Sketching is often not required for logo designs. You should be well proficient with Adobe Illustrator though. Most logos are typo or mixed logos with some typo and added elements. The rarest kind are full on figurative logos without any typo. Even those can be created by tracing some stock picture and then by modding the paths. If you can't do that either you should really try out some sketching courses. It is a skill that can be learned. If that doesn't work either … accept that there are things that just don't work out for you. Heck, I'd love to be an astronaut but I'm neither in the medical shape nor of the right profession to be one.

21 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I want to become a male underwear model but I am a fat tub of shit: Don't get me wrong there's a bit of a market for that but it's extremely limited.

I suspect the same is for graphic designers who can't draw, but as in the analogy there's probably a few limitations you can overcome with a lot of practice and a lot of help.

So keep drawing, look up tutorials, ask for help, cheers!

But weight you can change easily anyone can do it 

drawing i I feel like anyone can’t lol or at least me

people arent born with the ability to draw theyre born with the ambition to draw

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Grate Artiste has been pretty successful (internet successful that is) without being able to draw.

https://imgur.com/user/GrateArtiste/submitted

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Not by a long shot. It depends on how long you have been overweight, how you managed to lose the weight to begin with and overall the consensus is that obese people who loose the weight still don't have the same metabolism as people who never were overweight to begin with and are basically obese people in remission.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(15)00009-1/fulltext

Anybody can loose some weight (i.e. a handful of kilograms you put after overeating during xmas season for example) but after a certain obesity ratio and length we are biologically designed to keep the weight.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

drawing i I feel like anyone can’t lol or at least me

Drawing is a learnable skill, not something you’re born with. It seems like you just don’t want to put in the effort to learn it.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Image result for draw a circle spongebob

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

image.png.eb77ab5955af2f04089c6e419643dc8b.png

15 second paint challenge. pretty good if I must say so myself

But honestly, don't try to use a mouse, It's possible but you really need a good WACOM tablet or the physical media to draw effectively IMO. However in graphic design, you might not need to draw well, but knowing how to layer, and tweak the filters of each layer can result in great unique designs.

4 hours ago, Sylvie05 said:

Drawing is a learnable skill, not something you’re born with. It seems like you just don’t want to put in the effort to learn it.

i dont want to put the effort no only beacuse ive drawing every day and its still shit like whatever i do lol so im kinda not seeming to be getting better

On 5/9/2018 at 8:39 PM, ImplosiveNUTech said:

aI9xDXD.jpg

One of my favorite subs.

image.png.8fe9793287bc1f759ae25f206587ee87.png

image.png.4d25bcec1dbf9125d57e89794013def6.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Seriously dude, stop.

I get that you're a young child with very little patience but please, try and put a little bit of effort into things before you go on this forum and whine about how you aren't great at something you haven't even practiced.

In this thread you want to get good at drawing and become a graphics artist.

In this thread you asked how to get better at playing the piano.

Here you were talking about being interested in astronomy.

Last month you wanted to get into amateur radio.

In this thread you wanted to "learn the language taxi drivers speak", probably related to this thread as well.

In this thread you wanted to get into "hacking"

Oh and let's not forget that you were interested in getting into pool a few months ago.

You are also into cosplay it seems.

On top of that you seem to spend a lot of time making threads on here, as well as playing video games.

I could go on but I think people get the point.

Wanna know how to get good at something? Practice. When I say practice I don't mean "I drew for an hour yesterday and today, and I haven't gotten any better bawwww".

I mean dedicating hours every day, for years.

You need to find something you enjoy doing, and then stick with that if you want to get good at it. You can't just pick a hobby, do it for a week, complain on this forum about how hard it is, and then move on to the next thing. Well, you can do that but I'd prefer if you left out the part where you make a bunch of threads about it on the forum.

12 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Seriously dude, stop.

I get that you're a young child with very little patience but please, try and put a little bit of effort into things before you go on this forum and whine about how you aren't great at something you haven't even practiced.

Why are you stopping him from wanting to learn everything? Yes he's a kid. That's what kids do. They explore stuff and learn. The minute you tell them "NO, you can't do this and that" they'll stop everything. That is the problem these days..forcing kids to do one thing. Give them more options. If they end up growing up with that one thing that they resent. They'll hate themselves, and their parents/guardian or whatever.. I'm living in an Arab household, bought up in the UK, where there options we can choose from. But with the Arab mentality, either become doctor, engineer. Anything else is seen as waste of time..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

19 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Seriously dude, stop.

In this thread you wanted to "learn the language taxi drivers speak", probably related to this thread as well.

Oh and let's not forget that you were interested in getting into pool a few months ago.

On top of that you seem to spend a lot of time making threads on here, as well as playing video games.

Wanna know how to get good at something? Practice. When I say practice I don't mean "I drew for an hour yesterday and today, and I haven't gotten any better bawwww".

You need to find something you enjoy doing, and then stick with that if you want to get good at it. You can't just pick a hobby, do it for a week, complain on this forum about how hard it is, and then move on to the next thing. Well, you can do that but I'd prefer if you left out the part where you make a bunch of threads about it on the forum.

This is more of a case "Instead of looking for something myself I will ask people for help" - something which may work in real life i.e. asking directions in a different instead of trying to understand a map in a different language you do not speak but does not work online where just typing the same thing into Google will provide a better result.

Piano - 4 May

Astronomy - 8 April

Radio - 7 April

Taxi language - 27 March

Hacking - 24 February

Pool - 8 February

Cosplay - 25 December

It is possible to have more than one hobby at a single time and he seems to spend around 3-4 weeks on each, more if you include the ability to handle multiple hobbies. A hobby is not a thing where you choose a task e.g. programming, HAM radio and then continue with this hobby and only this hobby for 6 months, find you do not like it and repeat - that is not how humans function, rather they search for a task they like and if they find that hobby they continue with it.

Additionally hobbies are not just for mastering a given task - they generally are there to provide enjoyment. Look at most FPS players on consoles, they play games frequently focusing not on the long term goal of improvement but the short term goal of enjoyment. How many FPS players have you seen freely choosing a pistol or equivilantly weak weapon in order to focus on learning tactics to later reap the benefits when they switch back to a conventional weapon? Probably none. If I am interested in machine learning, mess around a bit and discover that due to the lack of a CUDA GPU I cannot use networks larger than 3x150 dense layers without spending days training I do not continue to waste my time but move on to a different topic.

1 hour ago, Abdul201588 said:

Why are you stopping him from wanting to learn everything? Yes he's a kid. That's what kids do. They explore stuff and learn. The minute you tell them "NO, you can't do this and that" they'll stop everything. That is the problem these days..forcing kids to do one thing. Give them more options. If they end up growing up with that one thing that they resent. They'll hate themselves, and their parents/guardian or whatever.. I'm living in an Arab household, bought up in the UK, where there options we can choose from. But with the Arab mentality, either become doctor, engineer. Anything else is seen as waste of time..

I recommend you read my entire post before responding.

I did not say he should stop learning things. What I said is that he should not complain when he isn't a master at something from the start. He is also asking for help for ridiculous things to the point where I really believe he is just pretending all of these things to troll.

Like I said in my previous post, he needs to find something he enjoys doing. Right now it seems like he just wants to be great at something like drawing, but then he doesn't actually enjoy doing it. He likes the result but not the process, and he uses this forum as his personal blog to vent about how he doesn't enjoy things, or ask for some ridiculous shortcut.

Wanna know why most people are terrible at drawing? Because in order to be good at drawing you need a lot of practice. Years of practice if you want to be really good at it.

Most people don't like spending a lot of time on a drawing only for it to look like crap in the end. The ones who do however, they are the ones that gets good at it. You need to find something you enjoy doing even though the result is bad.

It's the same advice I give to people who want to start a youtube career. If you don't enjoy making videos that get 5 views, then you should not make youtube videos. You need to like the process of making videos, rather than liking getting views.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Seriously dude, stop.

well excuse me .. but i do do al my hobbies everyday ... yeah apart from drawing beacuse i CANT seem to be better , and so what about i posted that i was interested in astronomy? at least im interested in alot of things >;{

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

well excuse me .. but i do do al my hobbies everyday ... yeah apart from drawing beacuse i CANT seem to be better , and so what about i posted that i was interested in astronomy? at least im interested in alot of things >;{

Again, I am not saying that you shouldn't try out different things. What I am saying is that you need to find something where you enjoy the process, rather than the result.

I don't get the impression that you enjoy drawing from your posts. I get the impression that you just want to be good at it.

If you like drawing despite "not being able to draw for shit" then just keep doing it and you will get better. Want some tips? Do a Google search and you will find a wealth of resources.

But don't pick up hobbies because you are only interested in the results. It's good to have goals to work towards, but that goal should not be the sole purpose for having a hobby. Then it's not a hobby, it's a chore and you will get bored by it. You need to find something you like even if you're crap at it.