Fortnite mobile beginning to hurt the school system

Eduard the weeb
7 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Original Article from Kotaku - https://kotaku.com/teens-and-teachers-say-fortnite-mobile-is-destroying-so-1823997450

this seems to be affecting all middle and high school to some extent, For example the local Middle school runs on Surfaces 3 and kids having been playing fortnite on there for months, and more recently with the release of mobile some students are refusing to do work, and even today some kids wouldn't take a quiz till they finished there match. I think this will lead to school beginning to ban personal tech and closing the noose on there school provided devices.

And the teachers are actually condoning this, much less allowing the students to get away with it? 

Seems less of a technology issue and more of a discipline one. 

7 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

LTE on phone is how most play not wi-fi are school actually blocked it on Wi-fi

Or if they're tech savvy, they could use a VPN to get around the filter (assuming their chosen VPN service has port options not currently blocked by the school). (I've done it before dozens of times, just not for stupid/inappropriate stuff.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Tried PUBG mobile on the train yesterday. It sucked. But I don't believe any one game can be blamed for kids not paying attention in class. It was doodle jump everyone was crazy about in my school years and it doesn't really matter what people distract themselves with.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Tf, are you really going to treat your education (which as much as people think it’s a right, is a massive privilege) like trash and just sit and play games!? 

Seriously, I get that kids won’t follow the rules all the time but this is pathetic.

That's an F in the profile pic

I don't understand why this is seems like major problem (according to the news)

Does banning phone doesn't work? or is it not being implemented correctly?

Sure someone would says " BUT MAH FONE, I NEED IT TO CONTACT MY PARENTS OR IN CASE OF EMERGENCY "

give them this

4118TWTVDHL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

This is parenting problem, not the game.

What next? Chess causing wars for thousand years?

Serious question, does banning phone really doesn't work or the adults just doesn't care?

19 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

I don't understand why this is seems like major problem (according to the news)

This is parenting problem, not the game.

What next? Chess causing wars for thousand years?

Serious question, does banning phone really doesn't work or the adults just doesn't care?

1)Because it can affect those who want to learn something

2)In case you haven't noticed, most people have no idea how to parent

3)Are you comparing chess to PUBG? xD

Ok but how is this not blocked from the WiFi and why are phones not confiscated before class? If its a problem, don't ignore it and blame the game, do something about it -_-

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hah. I'm not surprised and honestly it's nothing new. When I was in high school we all played fun run and clash of clans. 

New year. New game

See ya all next year when it's ______ is destroying the school system! 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

i'm amazed at the amount of people who have wifi at school. We never had wifi, only 4G :|

one of my old unis did have wifi for students but......... when you have 500 people trying to connect to the same hotspot, yeah, no, good luck with those pre-historic speeds where you need 5 minutes to even open a basic website.

right maybe that's the issue, take wifi away and fixed.

Couldn't they just block it? I mean, at my school, they blocked the steam severs so you can't use steam online.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Pft. I guess for fooling around. But man I'd rather do anything else when I'm not on pc than stare at freaking phone. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Haha, that's rather pathetic. Personally I'd just ignore it. Stop hand holding these adolescents. At least the ones in high school. They're old enough to know better. Let them fail. Just means more success and opportunity for those that are actually putting in the effort. The education these days is getting worse and worse, coddling students like they're fabrege eggs. 

15 hours ago, tjcater said:

Time to go back to the ole Pokemon/Yugioh card battles. Hasn't games in classes been a problem in general for a while? When I was last in HS/MS, plenty of the students were already doing this but with random web games. (Stickman golf?)

It was pogs when I was a wee lad. Or flash game sites when I was in high school. Or snake! I had classmates that would borrow my phone to play that for hours. 

15 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Just be like my school where there must be a Faraday cage around school because there's no signal in any classroom. 

Haha, likely just solid concrete construction since such cages are illegal ;)

12 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You say that as if NO teenager as EVER made every effort to discretly break the rules in school. o.O

Maybe things have changed when I was in high school and teenagers are all now meticulous rule following and obediant, but 'back in my day' you just had to not get CAUGHT breaking the rules.

The number of times I got caught doing other students class work in the library... 

12 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

The network hardware is good enough for students to be playing Fortnite on it,should more than enough for actual school work.  Thats usually how it works anyway lol, if the whole building network doesn't slow to a crawl it doesn't get upgraded.

When I was in high school if you got caught using your phone in class enough, the teacher could take it away and you had to have a parent come get it back at the end of the day. If the kids can't wait until after classes to play Fortnite their phones shouldn't be allowed on the wifi. Although a year after I graduated everyone got Chromebooks, which more than likely get used for games when teachers aren't looking.

Can't they restrict what the students can download on those? If not, it should be a major drive for Google. Create an appropriate school version of Android. I can't imagine it's that difficult. 

3 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Tf, are you really going to treat your education (which as much as people think it’s a right, is a massive privilege) like trash and just sit and play games!? 

Seriously, I get that kids won’t follow the rules all the time but this is pathetic.

That can't be surprising to you. There's always loads of kids that don't actually want to be in school. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Kids these days! There's no respect or discipline anymore! All moral values are gone, they'll bring about the demise of civilzation!

Well people wanted freedom right? there you go the downsides that come with freedom.

There is no way to discipline kids without an authoritarian system that ignores careless parents and disciplines kids and bans all phones and games and social media.

Would you be willing to give up some freedoms to gain discipline?

Back in my days me and my friends played counter-strike and world of warcraft and the more casual people played Farmville. In the classroom on the laptops we got from the school(age 15-18). And before that we had other ways to not pay attention in class. 

18 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Oh wow, why are people so obsessed with this game? -_-

I can see the appeal. I play it but I'm not obsessed with it. I enjoy PUBG more for the gun play and tactics involved in it, not just "build build shotgun battle build shotgun battle build"

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I played Fortnite for about a month, and then it came to consoles and mobile and it got revived by the mass population and im like: bruh that shit was dead why you do dis?

Everyone in my school is obsessing over Fortnite as well, but they don't refuse to do work. My school uses Ipad Air 2's (5th gen) and we can play it on that, and our school network blocks anything even remotely connected to gaming. (I have Admin Priv's on the school network, don't ask how/why) And on ethernet we get 1000/1000 on wifi its about 200/200, Non-school registered devices cannot connect to the network without an Administrator password, so, yeah. My school also gets poor reception by all carries (2 bars of 4GLTE) This hasnt really been a problem in my school.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

14 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I can see the appeal. I play it but I'm not obsessed with it. I enjoy PUBG more for the gun play and tactics involved in it, not just "build build shotgun battle build shotgun battle build"

Is Pubg finally optimized? Fortnite has went from 80fps on max settings, to 120fps on max, to 150fps on max, I'm playing with shadows off now and a few other things, now I get 180-200fps with everything maxed but Shadows and Extra's with my cpu bottlenecking my gpu to about 90% usage. Unlike pubg which last I tried (beta before 1.0) I got a stuttery 40fps with a stock 5820k and a 970 at minimum settings 1080p

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Kids take school for granted.

Maybe they should keep that in mind. They way public school work these days don't really simulate the real world.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

ViNJMAXABepHinJoMUirEEpbJcsRmE9LDTKnex2qlGE.jpg?w=1024&s=24c7fef269f34e2f383f19445b5d1ea0

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

16 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Ban students from network and jam phones during class. Problem solved....

The intentional jamming of phone networks bit is illegal (though schools with reinforced concrete do plenty fine in this regard). Though schools are free to ask carriers to maintain only 2g signal nearby. ;)

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

The jamming phone network bit is illegal. Though schools are free to ask carriers to maintain only 2g signal nearby. ;)

Well School is a private ground and as long the students got informed i dont think its illegal.....

12 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Well School is a private ground and as long the students got informed i dont think its illegal.....

The FCC would like to disagree.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

Though a faraday cage built into the classroom is not an active jammer, soo...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…