Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 5/19/2020 at 5:56 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Those are way to expensive to buy and insurance is crazy too.

Triumphs = very expensive + very expensive insurance

Bandit 600 is fairly cheap at times but is another Suzuki from the 80s/90s period. Not all too turned on to the idea of a hornet either after my friends absolut disaster bike lmao

Also these are all chain driven :P

What else apart from harley belt drive or bmw's drive shaft are you gonna find? For cheap, in the pre 2000s lol ? Might just have to bite the bullet lol. Also how more expensive is the insurance in any 2000 year? Where ya live ?

20 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

People just being absolute bellends on track? Who would have thought
Y'all let too many people on the track at the same time

Oft...... that second video woulda had me beating his ass all over the track after the race with the stupid stick.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

33 minutes ago, Bitter said:

It just looks dull in the picture, I suppose it could be the lighting

Glad it wasnt just me that thought that. BMW blacks tend to look very nice when properly polished

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Glad it wasnt just me that thought that. BMW blacks tend to look very nice when properly polished

I hope he understands I'm not being 'a hater'. A nicely cleaned and prepped BMW is a nice looking car!

Allow me to introduce Sir Reginald Sport Duck. It's not my car unless he stands watch over my fuel gauge, a lone sentinel ensuring I never get stuck.

P7snT8N.thumb.jpg.c2bd9552bf28505cfadc978067443056.jpg

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

I figured xD

Yeah, about being chain driven... Is there really anything cheap that isn't?

15 hours ago, Noctus said:

What else apart from harley belt drive or bmw's drive shaft are you gonna find? For cheap, in the pre 2000s lol ? Might just have to bite the bullet lol.

Yamaha XJ750, Yamaha XJ900, BMW K-series, Honda CBX600(Sweden exclusive bike, its a 650 Nighthawk with a CBX550 engine with hydraulic lifters), Honda GL400, Honda GL500, Hondas various other "water buffalo" bikes, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand what I actually bought is a 1991 Kawasaki GT550!

Spoiler

image0-2.thumb.jpg.1a3a93693f8566465ff0b41ba5a4303c.jpg

image1.thumb.jpg.14ed8b80c4eab77fe8a55a2b6a599d0d.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.b91f58043f018ef8771ef2c5adcc9e4a.jpg

I love it, €500 is what I paid for it. Runns and drives, needs some polish, a tune-up, a round of fluids and tires, and some work to the front breaks. Oh and a check of the electrical system because apparently it blew a fuse right before I for there lmao.🤣

Bike has clearly been loved, its got new paint on it(with some minor dings and scratches. No dents), seat is like new, very clean and not caked in dust and oil like the GSX was. Also been sitting for somewhere around 15-18 years. 😅

It's going to be a really fun project for the summer, exactly what I was looking for :D ttime to make a plan of attack!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have been daily driving my A8 a couple of months now and it's a great car and all but it's kinda getting boring, I'm missing my saabs, lol. 

The past days I have begun to prepare my 9-5 estate to pass inspection and then I'll let my audi rest a few months. 

Here's some pictures of the 9-5 maintenance.

Took a lot of work to get that brake disc off

20200522_181342.thumb.jpg.c1d69d72129718685ce6b614d5dcd5ed.jpg

20200522_193049.thumb.jpg.d38bb5af8aaae07e1c0b759c77d4ed92.jpg

The gearstick was very sloppy, so I changed the bushings in the gear stick linkage from the bad old plastic ones to new brass ones and boy is there a difference.

20200521_164459.thumb.jpg.58b933a880eab2123fbf23bb465f7e8a.jpg

And just as I finished up for the night this happened and the weather forecast was lots of rain 20200522_213510.thumb.jpg.42c426fc9de26a6740559e60eb0b025a.jpg

I popped the interior of the door and plopped the window back in the motor thing and closed it and then disconnected it to take that on another day.

Some other things I did was to change all the vacuum tubes and put on the summer tiers.

I'll have it inspected during next week.

I have also begun to do some troubleshooting on my 9-3 and it looks like it may not be too much of work to get it running again. 

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yamaha XJ750, Yamaha XJ900, BMW K-series, Honda CBX600(Sweden exclusive bike, its a 650 Nighthawk with a CBX550 engine with hydraulic lifters), Honda GL400, Honda GL500, Hondas various other "water buffalo" bikes, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand what I actually bought is a 1991 Kawasaki GT550!

I love it, €500 is what I paid for it. Runns and drives, needs some polish, a tune-up, a round of fluids and tires, and some work to the front breaks. Oh and a check of the electrical system because apparently it blew a fuse right before I for there lmao.🤣

Bike has clearly been loved, its got new paint on it(with some minor dings and scratches. No dents), seat is like new, very clean and not caked in dust and oil like the GSX was. Also been sitting for somewhere around 15-18 years. 😅

It's going to be a really fun project for the summer, exactly what I was looking for :D ttime to make a plan of attack!

Ok, wow, the more you know xD

Aw man, nice deal. The only GT550 listed here is up for 3 freaking grand...

First thing I'd probably do to that one is make the engine look a little cleaner xD and also the frame, other than that, looks damn good already ^^

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Ok, wow, the more you know xD

Aw man, nice deal. The only GT550 listed here is up for 3 freaking grand...

First thing I'd probably do to that one is make the engine look a little cleaner xD and also the frame, other than that, looks damn good already ^^

Yah step one is going to be cleaning. I've gone after the surface rust on the frame some today but I need a wire brush and for the aluminium I need some polishing compound I think. I already fixed the rear brake, it just needed some 5-56 sprayed on all the linkages lol.

Also adjusted the gear lever into a more comfortable position that also made it a lot easier to get into second gear.

First thing I do next time is giving it a good wash. Cleaned it some today but I really need some proper stuff to not damage the tank and fenders. We'll see were I go from there, probably some polishing of the engine covers.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, Oskar94a said:

Took a lot of work to get that brake disc off

20200522_193049.thumb.jpg.d38bb5af8aaae07e1c0b759c77d4ed92.jpg

So a trick there is to just hit the edge of the rotor 'hat' hard in a few places to deform it and that'll help break the rust bonding it inside. Also just cutting a couple slits on the edge of the rotor hat and driving a chisel into the slot can dislodge it pretty quickly also. But sometimes you just need a really big hammer, I've got a 4lb sledge on a medium length handle and a pnuematic hammer intended to drive rivets when building large things like ships. Hopefully you don't have another one like that!

I should have this job done in a few hours 

7 hours later 

Changing_the_rear_suspension_should_be_easy....._right__WHOOPS.gif.80af0f284b577d0fcabf50d83feb022d.gif

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

6 hours ago, wANKER said:

I should have this job done in a few hours 

7 hours later 

Changing_the_rear_suspension_should_be_easy....._right__WHOOPS.gif.80af0f284b577d0fcabf50d83feb022d.gif

He didn't even pop himself that hard and then the dramatic delay, what a faker. I had a brake caliper fall off it's hook and cut my scalp open through my hat, finished the brake job with blood dripping into my googles. Almost took my thumb off with an air hammer doing a wheel bearing, finished the job out. What a wimp, he needs to stick to PC's.

11 hours ago, Bitter said:

He didn't even pop himself that hard and then the dramatic delay, what a faker. I had a brake caliper fall off it's hook and cut my scalp open through my hat, finished the brake job with blood dripping into my googles. Almost took my thumb off with an air hammer doing a wheel bearing, finished the job out. What a wimp, he needs to stick to PC's.

Lmao you should watch the video. There's about 20 other things just like that. 

I think his car channel viewers are more PC enthusiasts that remain under the illusion he knows what he's talking about :)

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

Does anyone here own a car that has the dreaded Triangle of Doom? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Hurr durr look at me I'm a car guy, I complain about people trying out car stuff and tell them off to stick to whatever else they do in their lives

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Hurr durr look at me I'm a car guy, I complain about people trying out car stuff and tell them off to stick to whatever else they do in their lives

Only thing I get iffy with people who haven't got a clue doing is brakes unsupervised

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

image.png.b4508200ab267a04a0f19d76145fdde1.png

image.png.0d799bc9c81da2aa646237fda38f90de.png

.1 second difference between frames

so delay

much faker

He's looking right at where he's swinging and pre-flinching like someone about to hit themselves, it was schtick for comedy or he knew it was a bad idea and that he was going to hit himself but did it anyway. I'm honestly not sure which is worse, hitting himself for the lulz or hitting himself because he's stupid.

If it's because he's stupid then lesson learned hopefully. If it's for comedy then meh I hate that staged stuff.

4 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Does anyone here own a car that has the dreaded Triangle of Doom? 

If they drove on the correct side of the road and the correct side of the car then that wouldn't be a problem. The wipers would wipe the other way and the longer blade could be fitted to the driver side leaving the passenger side with a shorter blade and a slight dribble now and then. When 99% of the world drives on one side of the road so you need to hodge podge your cars to work on the other side compromises happen. I've seen some wonky stuff with cars built in Japan for American export, like the brake master on the other side of the car connected by a big steel torsion rod from the brake pedal.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

He's looking right at where he's swinging and pre-flinching like someone about to hit themselves, it was schtick for comedy or he knew it was a bad idea and that he was going to hit himself but did it anyway. I'm honestly not sure which is worse, hitting himself for the lulz or hitting himself because he's stupid.

If it's because he's stupid then lesson learned hopefully. If it's for comedy then meh I hate that staged stuff.

I’m honestly not surprised by it at all, jay is a provider of entertainment and I think he defines that pretty well. He just tries to make people laugh with his content. 

sure that’s fake, but it’s funny. Ppl do fake stuff all the time for entertainment. I don’t think it needs to be taken beyond face value

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

image.png.b4508200ab267a04a0f19d76145fdde1.png

image.png.0d799bc9c81da2aa646237fda38f90de.png

.1 second difference between frames

so delay

much faker

sdFYxP3m.png

Your equation fails to acknowledge that its a dead blow hammer. Its really .13333 repeating of course seconds. Get your shit right before you spew nonsense on my highly technical thread on automotive enthusiasm on a tech forum.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I did a very quick wash, I'll do a proper wash ones it passes inspection.

20200524_202527.thumb.jpg.184d8227a5a8c04f087e05358c95a5da.jpg

20200524_202751.thumb.jpg.0b09977f447acb90b4efd26cfdaa6945.jpg

The paint is in need of a polish and waxing, the color on this 9-5 is a little odd one, it's a green color that was only used on 2006 models.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Pre-flinching......

I guess you'd know the difference since you're trained with hurting yourself so often.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

sdFYxP3m.png

Your equation fails to acknowledge that its a dead blow hammer. Its really .13333 repeating of course seconds. Get your shit right before you spew nonsense on my highly technical thread on automotive enthusiasm on a tech forum.

Lmao I'm sorry I got lazy and cut off the 33333333333

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’m honestly not surprised by it at all, jay is a provider of entertainment and I think he defines that pretty well. He just tries to make people laugh with his content. 

sure that’s fake, but it’s funny. Ppl do fake stuff all the time for entertainment. I don’t think it needs to be taken beyond face value

I see what you did there, yes I do.

9 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Pre-flinching......

I guess you'd know the difference since you're trained with hurting yourself so often.

Correct, it's actually part of the ASE certification process. You have to have several years of hands on experience trying to take your hands off one digit at a time.

21 hours ago, Bitter said:

If they drove on the correct side of the road and the correct side of the car then that wouldn't be a problem.

That's not entirely true, LHD Chevrolet Corvair's have a Triangle of Doom.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: