Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Guys, I'm looking to change up my second set of alloys...good ventilation for possible track work, and also just to show off the new brakes that I'll be fitting ;) Staying oem.

Do I go for the legitimately good looking Style 108's...or go for the amazing but bonkers tri-spokes, Style 38's. The latter of which are rarer and more expensive.

Style 108

6znHzYRl.jpg.7baf18395bd9b061e908f7fd4883401b.jpg

Style 38

VcgOCmD.jpg.21ee7186916c98b6e1f9fb9a857ca187.jpg

go full saab style ... the 38s 

image.png.45dda2503007e9c93716e08aab806cb1.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

That's a way better picture, you sir Google more thoroughly than me. But I am at work so ;) 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Just now, Ross Siggers said:

That's a way better picture, you sir Google more thoroughly than me. But I am at work so ;) 

i got home from work not too long ago :D 

and boi do 38s look good on an E36 coupe 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

go full saab style ... the 38s 

Ok well now it got harder, that looks sweet too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It almost reminds me of the Model Ss I saw up at the dealership that had 22" Model X rims on them

idk about that .... also these are most likely 17s :D 

Yeah the 38's are 17-inch, the 108's are 18-inch. But they're both very friendly fitment so that's not too much of a concern!

Maybe I'll do some photoshops onto my car, because the 38's definitely look better in the second picture.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

Guys, I'm looking to change up my second set of alloys...good ventilation for possible track work, and also just to show off the new brakes that I'll be fitting ;) Staying oem.

Do I go for the legitimately good looking Style 108's...or go for the amazing but bonkers tri-spokes, Style 38's. The latter of which are rarer and more expensive.

Style 108

6znHzYRl.jpg.7baf18395bd9b061e908f7fd4883401b.jpg

Style 38

those 38s remind me of these wheels that pretty much any 90s ricer had here

Image result for 3 spoke rims

sorry but hard pass on those. i'd go 108s

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

those 38s remind me of these wheels that pretty much any 90s ricer had here

sorry but hard pass on those. i'd go 108s

style 38s look way better tho 

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

Style 38

Aernt these @RevoltTrain's wheels? I know he'd probably vote for them

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Aernt these @RevoltTrain's wheels? I know he'd probably vote for them

3 pokes deserve love

20170831_124430.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

21 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

Someday I want to own one of these, a Honda Integra or Prelude. Perhaps the Prelude is a more realistic choice, but I've only ever seen one in my area, so I don't know if they'll be common enough to have a somewhat-low price. 

My vote is Prelude all day, as long as it has the H22 in it, 5th Gens came with them stateside, some 4th gens did as well, it's a pretty easy swap for a 4th gen, I absolutely love the 4th Gen dash as well, with a sunroof swap from a 5th gen, the interior would be perfect (Glass sunroof vs metal)

lude.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

44 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You do realize those are American racing truck rims right?

i do, my dude. it's just there's always a 90s accord here that runs chrome 3 spoke wheels and it's the most 90s thing ever but they just look tacky imo.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6zfyxkG.jpg

another used car lot casualty. Somehow it waited until after the safety drive (15 miles) and during a test drive to grenade the trans. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

6zfyxkG.jpg

another used car lot casualty. Somehow it waited until after the safety drive (15 miles) and during a test drive to grenade the trans. 

Naw just needs a fluid flush. Have funny Jeep story when I'm at a keyboard later.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Naw just needs a fluid flush. Have funny Jeep story when I'm at a keyboard later.

TCM is completely spazzing out clicking and popping as well. Its a fucus with the shitty DCT. 

Is it the bullet jeep?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

TCM is completely spazzing out clicking and popping as well. Its a fucus with the shitty DCT. 

Is it the bullet jeep?

It is!

DCT Ford, was doomed.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

It is!

DCT Ford, was doomed.

dayum

almost as cursed as Honda using a ZF transmission, which I had my first drivability complaint ticket on today. 

Just now, vetali said:

dayum

almost as cursed as Honda using a ZF transmission, which I had my first drivability complaint ticket on today. 

Like the old 5 speed AT?

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Like the old 5 speed AT?

Don't really see many of those anymore. The car was bullshit anyway. New car off the lot does the same thing, just more noticeable in the customers because the mounts are broken in. 

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

3 pokes deserve love

You mean a furnace. To melt them in to slag.

2 hours ago, vetali said:

dayum

Ok here we go.

So customer with the shot Jeep, unknown to me but known to my boss, is the son of one of our older customers. So shot Jeep's dad is at the shop dropping off a car for work and my boss says 'you better teach your son some gun etiquette'. Shot Jeep's dad is like 'huh?!?' and my boss tells him about the Jeep, dad had nary a clue and now my boss has spilled the beans. I hope his ankle is tasty cause he got his WHOLE foot in his mouth!

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Ok here we go.

So customer with the shot Jeep, unknown to me but known to my boss, is the son of one of our older customers. So shot Jeep's dad is at the shop dropping off a car for work and my boss says 'you better teach your son some gun etiquette'. Shot Jeep's dad is like 'huh?!?' and my boss tells him about the Jeep, dad had nary a clue and now my boss has spilled the beans. I hope his ankle is tasty cause he got his WHOLE foot in his mouth!

lol now we are gonna have HIPAA for vehicle service. 

I feel like equal amounts of people went for each style of wheel xD The 38's have outright rarity value, I've been going to bmw shows for years and never seen a set in person. 

The 108's I'm watching on ebay send tomorrow afternoon though... So unless I decide to cough up a few extra hundred pounds overnight, I think the decision is made ?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

9 hours ago, vetali said:

lol now we are gonna have HIPAA for vehicle service. 

Which is ironic because I've been scolded in the past for saying things to certain customers about their other relatives vehicles, like someone's son or uncle or whatever had been in for something and I'd say 'oh we just had your so and so in, how are they and their vehicle?' and I'd get the stink eye from the boss or secretary and then later pulled aside and chided for it because those two people were on each others shit list because of some on the down low family strife LIKE I'M SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WHEN THE BOSS HAS KNOWN THEM SINCE HE GREW UP. LOL.

Note to self

This wasnt the jacking point

received_408044620026426.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h